Let's hope it helps

Well I've had a lovely weekend and would have been very good if my husband hadn't got in the way with cheesecake and chocolates :mad:

Saturday, green day:
Breakfast:
1 slice small toast + LF spread (0.5)
1 scan bran + 1 tsp jam + banana (1 syn)

Lunch:
Homemade soup (carrot, butternut squash, onion, garlic, 1tsp fresh goat's cheese) (1 syn), 3 slices of small toast (2 HEB), 1 slice of Edam (HEA)
pear, plums

Dinner:
Yesterday's curry feast: Lentil Dahl, rice, chicken curry without the chicken, bombay potatoes (from the curry cook book), 1/3 Lidl Naan bread (5 syns)
Cheesecake (12 syns, although maybe a little less as I've given a taste of it to my daughter!) + 4 thorntons chocolate (8 syns)
No will power :mad:

TOTAL: 27.5
We had decided not to drink this weekend and I think he's decided that he needed to compensate for it instead!!!

Sunday EE:
Breakfast:
2 quorn sausages, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, 1 tsp ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch: Nando's:
Chicken (without skin), spicy rice, ratatouille (3 syns for the oil), 3 chips (1 syn?)
3 tsp of cheesecake (4 syns)

Dinner:
Soup from yesterday (1 syn)
2 slices of toast + LF spread (HEB, 1 syn)
1 slice Edam (HEA), 1 slice ham
banana, plums

TOTAL:11 syns

And I did 20 min on the exercise bike tonight.

I have been struggling to spend much time on here lately. I don't seem to cope with the workload at the minute and I'm shattered. Although I'll be on holiday soon so it should help.
Last week I had lost 1.5 lbs and this week 1lbs. Although it wasn't totally deserved. I was ill this weekend, feeling sorry for myself so my husband bought me pizza and chocolates (Ok, I own up, I asked him to go to the shop to buy me pizza and chocolate). On the Sunday, I felt a bit better and my sister in law was round so we went to an Indian restaurant and yesterday she brought me my birthday present: a massive box of swiss chocolate and a bottle of wine...Not the ideal present for someone who wants to lose weight...although she couldn't really guess I wanted to lose weight given that I was quite happy eating curry the day before!
Anyway, I've still managed to keep more or less on track for the rest of the meals so it probably saved me.
I went to the doctor today and we dicussed my weight and the fact it's not really going down much. I have thyroid problems and she thinks it's not working well enough to get my metabolism going (although not bad enough to give me pills to get that thyroid working fine again!). Anyway, she suggested Orlistat to kick start the weight loss again. I've taken the prescription but I haven't really decided yet if I want to go the "diet pill" way. I've taken it before but didn't really lose much weight but maybe it would work combined with SW.
Anyway, I might have a look on this website for other forums and let you know.

Hiya hun,

Firstly - CONGRATULATIONS on your losses! Definitely heading in the right direction! :D :D

It sounds like you're having a right time of it at the minute though! I hope yopu're feeling better soon!
Have you taken this Orlistat before? I never like the idea of diet pills but I suppose if it's your doc recommending them then you'd think that they would know what they're talking about!
Let us know how you get on.

As far as the birthday pressies go I would just enjoy them - it's only once a year after all! Hope that's not really bad advice! :p

I'm the same on the access to the site issue - I really can't go on at work anymore ( shouldn't have been doing that anyway!) unless I'm on a break and we have no PC at home at the minute so hardly get any time on here! Hopefully rectifying this soon though - computer table was delivered last night - just waiting for the computer now ha!

Good luck with this week!

Thanks Kat,
Well I've started taking orlistat this morning. I was debating whether to wait until I came back from my holiday in France but then I just went for it this morning...even though it wasn't the ideal day to start. We had an inset at school with biscuits at breaktime and the choice between quiche, lasagne or curry for lunch! Tomorrow we've got another inset day in another school so we'll see what there is on offer!
As for the birthday chocolates I've hidden them in the dining room cupboard so that I don't see them all the time and I'm hoping to be reasonable and have one or two a day.

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast:
mullerlight, pear, 1 slice wholemeal (big loaf, HEB), 1 tsp honey (1 syn)

Snack:
1 chocolate biscuit (quite big so will count 6 syns)

Lunch:
lasagne (probably another 6 syns)
fruit salad

Snack:
Sainsbury's kids fromage frais (2.5 syns): I buy them for my daughter but really fancied one for some reason!
apple

Dinner:
brocoli, roast potatoes, aldi mango and chili chicken, 3 skewers (1.5 syns), Ainsley Harriott's wild mushroom bulgur wheat (1 syn)
apple
2 chocolates (4 syns)

TOTAL: 22 syns

Friday 22/10/10:
Another "course" day!

Breakfast:
2 slices wholemeal bread (small loaf, warburtons, HEB), 2 tsp honey (2 syns), mullerlight

Snack:
1 cupcake (6?)

Lunch:
Another portion of lasagne with salad this time.
The lasagne was awful and very oily...It didn't agree with me and I was actually sick as soon as I got home!n(12 syns)

Dinner: chili con carne + rice + a sprinkle of cheese (HEA, I hardly had any on the chili but there were some on the lasagne)
2 chocolates (4 syns)
kiwi fruit

TOTAL: 24 syns

Hi honey
Well done on your losses - that's really good!! Hope the pills work for you, they're worth a try at least.
When are you off to France? (Have a feeling you may have already gone...?)

Oh and what's the Ainsley Harriott Bulgar Wheat like? I picked some up in Lidl but not had chance to try it yet. Is it 1syn for the whole pack?x

Hiya,
Yes I was in France when you wrote that message! I'm just back now, having been really good the first few days and stuffed myself the last 2 days of my stay...Willpower couldn't last more than 2 days! Anyway, I'm having some wine and chocolate before going to bed and starting afresh tomorrow morning (at least the chocolates won't tempt me anymore!).
I think the Bulgar wheat is 1.5 syns for 100g cooked but I would have to check. It's quite nice actually, it's a nice change from the pasta or rice.

Welcome back! Hope you had a nice time away.
Don't worry about having a few days off - and obviously you need to make sure all the chocs are eaten up!!

Hope you are back on track now, and had a nice weekend x

Thanks I had a lovely weekend and have been mostly on track (bar a piece of chocolate cake!).
I haven't got much time to write my food diary but today has been quite good too. Only extra light mayonnaise, an alpen light bar and 2 chocolates as syns...and I've just come back from aquafit!

Well done you getting back on track (and surely chocolate cake doesn't count lol!)
And well done on going to aquafit too! I really need to start exercising more...

Thanks, I used to meet up with a friend every week when we were on maternity leave and go for lunch and when we got back to work we decided to keep meeting up while trying to do something more than stuffing our faces! lol!

Well, I've been meaning to write my food diary every single day since Wednesday and never got round to it.
I lost 0.5 lbs last Tuesday, which I'm very pleased about since I was in France the week before.
So far today I had:

Red day

Breakfast:
Cheese on toast (HEB + HEA)
blueberries, banana

Lunch:
Homemade soup (carrots, butternut squash, onion, stock)
+ bread+ EL philadelphia + ham (HEB + 2 syns)
pear + 1/2 banana (leftover from my daugher!)

Snack: Option hot chocolate (2 syns)

Dinner will be:
Roast chicken + brocoli + carrots
will have mustard with it (0.5 syn) and will try to resist roast potatoes (otherwise, I'll syn them)

Well done on your loss-that's fab after France. Mmm your roast chicken sounds yum

Thanks, it was lovely, although I didn't resist the roast potatoes (done with frylight, so not as bad, I had 3, don't know how many syns it is on red).
I've just found an old USB key from 5-6 years ago and there are some very old photos of me looking 10 years younger and so slim!!! I was probably still a size 16 but in comparison to my 20-22 now, it does look tiny! Anyway, it really makes me want to go back to that size, I really need to stop making excuses for myself and really start being 100%

So, here's the plan for tomorrow:
Breakfast:
fruit salad(satsumas, grapes, banana, pear), activia yogurt, 2 scan bran with no added sugar jam (3 syns)

Snack:
Alpen light (3 syns)

Lunch:
Chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bun (HEB + scrap of EL mayo, 0.5 syn)
pear, satsumas, apple

Dinner:
Egg fried rice made from leftover rice we had tonight with chili (eggs, rice, peas, mushrooms, maybe bacon). I'll need something else to eat with it but don't know what yet...maybe potato wedges or SW chips.
Activia yogurt + grapes in the evening.

To avoid the 4pm danger zone when I just get back from school (I had 2 crumpets with jam today, when I wasn't even hungry) I've decided to stay at work until it's time to pick my daughter up. Then we get home and I can keep myself busy until dinner time.

Like your plan to avoid the danger zone - maybe if you do go home earlier you can make sure you have some syn free snacks waiting for you.
I'm exactly the same - am starving hungry when I get home. However I don't get home until about 6 usually so I can get cracking making tea straight away then!

It may be a good thing that you found those pics - could give you the motivation to lose even more!

Thanks Sarah,
I've actually gone home early but so far I've been quite good: a diet coke, a slice of ham and a slice of cheese (and I haven't had my HEA yet, so it'll be part of it)...Although it's opened my appetite now!!! I think I'll have an activia yogurt then start working.

I know it's probably too late now but well done and stay strong!!

Thanks, I have stayed strong :) I didn't even have the yogurt, instead I prepared everything for dinner as I went to SW class from 6 to 7...And because I was busy I forgot I was hungry (so obviously it wasn't hunger!)
I lost another pound too so I'm really pleased. I have been losing steadily (well a pound a week!) since the beginning of October. I'm very pleased about that because I really want to break the cycle of losing 2 putting on 3 losing 4 putting on 2, etc...
I would like to lose 2 pounds for next week and I think I really need to keep writing the diary to help me.

So here's today's menu:

Breakfast:
1 slice wholemeal warburtons (3 syns) + jam (1)
banana, satsumas, activia yogurt

Snack:
1 alpen light (3 syns)

Lunch:
Chicken salad sandwich: wholemeal bun (HEB) + EL mayo (0.5 syns)
Activia yogurt + pear + 1 satsuma

Snack:
Slice of ham, slice of cheese (HEA)

Dinner:

Egg fried rice (peas, brocoli, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, rice) My husband assured me he only put a tsp of sesame oil to make it so that will be 1 syn ( I would say 3 syns divided by 3 portions)
SW chips + tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Grapes
1 chocolate (2 syns)

TOTAL:
11 syns

Well done on your loss!! You have done so well to consistently lose for that long. I find writing a diary definitely helps - makes you feel guilty if you know you've got to write down something you shouldn't have had lol!!

Will keep my fingers crossed for those 2lbs to come off next week. Is there anything which could prevent you from losing by then?

Hi,
Well, the thing that could prevent me from losing 2lbs happened tonight: I went to see the Vagina Monologues (brilliant by the way) with a friend and had a pizza before hand. However, I only had one glass of wine! I really enjoyed it and now I'm back eating normally from tomorrow so it shouldn't make much difference.

Back