Let's hope it helps

It'll be so lovely to see him - can see how it's easy to spend money in Mothercare! We were in there on Saturday looking at prams and nursery furniture and I'm not sure how I've resisted buying anything so far!!

I'm back from France, went to class this morning and stayed the same. I am really pleased with that! I had a great time and didn't completely go overboard with food but wasn't a saint either!
However, when I got back yesterday my husband told me he had gone shopping so I could rest on my last day of holiday: curry meal deal for two, hamburgers, chips and pizzas!!! The only nearly acceptable thing he bought were yogurt, and even then they're not fat free! He spent 30 pounds and didn't even buy one piece of fruit or veg! I could have killed him! Let's just say that after Eliza has had her nap I'll have to go shopping again!
Anyway, I'm going to try to plan nice healthy meals but I think I'll start tomorrow: the pizza he bought looks really nice!

Welcome back! Hope you had a nice trip... How was baby Ethan?
Congratulations on your STS and lol at your hubby - men are never any good at shopping!

I haven't done well at all again this week and I am sick of it: I keep losing and putting on the same few pounds and I seem to have 0 willpower. The meals are fine but I can't control my syns.
This week I'm going to try something different.
Straight after class tonight I went shopping for treats! I bought French fries and chocolate and I've divided everything into 3 syns worth (2.5 for the crisps) packets. I have 14 packets and it still leaves me room for wine.
I've also cut the block of cheese we had into half a Hea pieces, this way I can use two for a Hea or I can have 3 syns worth.
I'll let you know how it goes!

I like your syn plan. Hope it helps with your planning.
It's difficult to stay on track if you don't feel that motivation, have you got a holiday or an event you'd like to lose weight for? It might make you more determined if you aim for something...

Hi Kibou,

First of all - congratulations on your cousin's baby (not sure what the word is - second cousin???)! :D :D Seems like everyone's having babies at the minute - I must admit I am getting very broody! The OH is not so keen quite yet though!

Glad you had a good time in France and didn't go too overboard with the naughtiness! My OH sounds a bit like your hubby - mine comes home brandishing sausage rolls and eclairs and thinks I'm going to be pleased!!! :eek: :confused:He is starting to get the hang of it now though bless him!

As far as the syns go - I think it's good to mix it up a little bit sometimes - I know this weekly allowance is working so much better for me already! I didn't see it as a license to go and syn-binge in one day either and I have actually been a super good girl so far this week! I have been making food in advance which is always a bonus and means if I am peckish I snack on the good stuff! - not like me at all - but it feels good!
I like your idea of making sure you have enough left for a bottle of wine! :D I plan to do the same othwerise fear I will go insane!! So do you limit yourself to 70 syns a week? Maybe that's why you're not feeling satisfied? I have the full 105 - don' t think I'd be happy having to stick to 70!!! (not yet anyway!)

Good luck with your week Mrs :)

Thanks girls for your encouragements!
There isn't a precise event I want to slim for but I just want to feel better with myself really.
I've counted 70 syns in treats but I know I'll have more because of little adds on in the meals (ketchup, Mayo, etc...).
Today went really well actually:
Breakfast:
Scrambled egg, tiny bit of ketchup (0.5 syns)
3 Cracker bread 1/2 heb quark, ham
14 g cheddar 1/2 Hea

Snack
Lidl cereal bar (5 syns)

Lunch:
Chicken and cheese (1/2hea) salad (lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, chicken)
Salad dressing: half a tsp olive oil and basaltic vinegar (2 syns)
Satsuma, apple

Snack (after work, which is a massive danger zone for me)
3 cracker bread 1/2 heb
Quark
Ham
Gherkins
Half a pack of French fries 2.5 syns
Yogurt

Dinner
Vegetable stir fry (with fry light)
Pear, plum
1/3 pack of magic stars (3 syns)

Thursday 03/03/11

Breakfast
Yogurt, blueberries, sweetener with yogurt
3 cracker bread (1/2 heb) quark, cheese (1/2 Hea) ham

Snack:
3 dates (3 syns)

Lunch:
Pasta salad (pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, bacon, chicken)
Dressing (1/2 tsp mustard Mayo mixed with quark, 2 syns)
Plums, apple

Snack:
3 crakerbread (1/2 heb), cheese (1/2 Hea) ham
French fries half a packet (2.5 syns)

Dinner:
Criques (grated carrots and potatoes, mixed with eggs and fried like a pancake)
Ketchup 1 syn
Pear, blueberries
Half a glass of red wine (3 syns)
3 syns worth of chocolate raisins (really not much!)
2 dates (2 syns)

Total: 14.5 syns

Well done on another 100% day!
Must try those criques sometime they sound yum!

Friday 04/03/11

Breakfast:
Yogurt, 4 cracker bread, quark, 14 g cheddar, ham slices

Snack:
Lidl cereal bar (5 syns)

Lunch:
Ebly salad (ebly, grated carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, tuna, tbsp Mayo 2.5 syns)
Plums, apple, yogurt

Snack:
2 cracker bread, 14 g cheese, slice of ham

Dinner:
Spaghetti carbonara made with quark + sprinkle of Parmesan (2syns?)
2 glasses of cava (11 syns): hubby has just handed in his resignation in order to start his own business so we had to celebrate!
3 syns worth of magic stars

I'm a bit over with the syns for friday but I still have plenty of treats in my bag and probably still enough for another glass of wine tonight.

Here's today's plan:
Breakfast:
Sausages (1 syn), bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, ketchup (1 s
Lunch:
Butternut and carrot soup
4 cracker bread with ham and 14 g cheese
Fruit and yogurt

Snack for the afternoon (hubby watching the football, daughter having a nap and me probably wanting to pick at food = danger!)
2 cracker bread with ham and rest of Hea cheese, 1/2 bag French fries (2.5 syns)
Yogurt, fruit

Dinner:
4 homemade chicken dippers (we made them ages ago but I think we used about 4 slices of small White bread loaf for about 30 pieces, we had loads of chicken about to go off! So I would probably count 2 syns)
Homemade chips, peas, ketchup (1 syn)
Fruit and yogurt
3 syns worth from my bag of treats!

Sunday 06/03/11

Breakfast:
Yogurt
Strawberries, blueberries, apple

Lunch:
We went to a farm and were supposed to have a picnic there but by 10.00 my husband had already eaten his sandwiches and decided that he needed a hot lunch (it was really cold!) so I didn't eat my cracker bread and we went to the pub instead!
Smoked salmon and prawn salad (2 syns for dressing, there wasn't much of it)
Bitter chocolate tart (quite a small slice, about 1/12 of a normal dish I would say, don't really know how many syns but I'll just say 15 to be on the safe side, I also gave some to my daughter so didn't really eat the whole slice!)
I had planned to eat a nice piece of cake and I had a few syns leftover, and I'm happy with my choice, it
was gorgeous!

Snack:
Cracker breads, cheese and ham from my lunch
Banana

Dinner:
Couscous (0.5 syn)
Roasted veg (courgette, pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes)
Yogurt

Monday 07/03/11

Breakfast:
Yogurt
4 cracker bread ham cheese (1/2 Hea)
Banana

Snack: apple

Lunch:
Couscous (0.5 syn)
Cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, 4 stuffed almonds (1 syn)
Banana
2 dates (2 syns)

Snack:
2 cracker bread ham
1/2 packet of French fries (2.5 syns)

Dinner:
chili con carne, rice
3 little cubes of avocado (2 syns), 1 tsp of sour cream (2.5 syns), grated cheese (1/2 Hea)
Yogurt
Strawberries
1 ferrero roc her (3 syns)

Total: 13.5 syns

Weigh in today and I lost 2 pounds! Really pleased with that...and celebrated with pancakes (oops!)

Here's what I had to eat today:

Breakfast:
Cracker bread, ham, cheese (1/2 Hea)
Yogurt, strawberries

Snack: apple

Lunch: rice salad (rice, gherkins, tuna, tomatoes, sweetcorn, Mayo 2.5 syns)
Banana

Snack: 2 crackerbrea (heb), tsp of jam (2 syns)

Dinner: pancakes, ham, cheese, lemon and sweetener, chocolate buttons (1/3 of small packet)

well done! Shows that good planning really pays off x

:bunnydance::party0011:Woo hoo! Well done on your loss sweetie! You really deserve it xx

Thanks girls, it is really all about the planning and a little discipline!
Haven't got much time tonight to write my diary but food has gone fine, apart from a biscuit at work (before parents' evening, needed the energy!)
Need to plan tomorrow now!

Well, can't be bothered doing any school work tonight so I'll post my diary!

Breakfast:
2 slices of toast (HEb)
14g cheddar (1/2 hea), ham slices, pear

No snack: Didn't feel hungry and didn't feel like eating either (if I'm honest I often have a snack, just in case I get hungry before it's time to have my lunch but I really didn't feel the need today...could it be that my habits are changing!?!)

Lunch:
Pasta salad, chicken, bacon, spinach
Mayo (2.5 syns)
Yogurt
Apple

Snack: Chocolate biscuit from school, we're supposed to have healthy school status so I'm hoping it's made with low fat spread and sweetener but I doubt it. I'll count 10 syns for it

Dinner:
Homemade egg fried rice (made Hubby do 2 different ones, one with oil, one with frylight!)
yogurt
1 glass of wine 6 syns
1 snowball (not sure it's called like that, it's basically a marshmallow ball covered in chocolate with coconut on top, 3.5 syns for one)

TOTAL: 22 syns

Plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
Fat free greek style yogurt, sweetener, raspberries
pear
1 crackerbread + jam (2 syns)

Lunch:
5 crackerbreads + 1 laughin cow (1/2 hea)+ 21g reduced fat cheddar (1/2 hea) + ham + chicken slices + radishes + tomatoes
apple
2 dates (2 syns)
If I've got time, I'll stop off at spar before work and buy an activia snack pot yogurt as well.

Snack:
I'll try to stick to 1 3-syn treat and fruit but I might have to use a couple of crackerbread as syns if that's not enough

Dinner:
Green beans, mushrooms and roast potatoes
mayo (2.5 syns)

I think I might need to buy yogurt and more fruit as I'm running low and I'm scared I'll go for naughty stuff if I don't have that as back up.

Saturday 12/03/11

Yesterday I went to a bellydance party, it was great and I really enjoyed myself but I wasn't very good food wise!

Here's what I had today thoug

Breakfast
Bacon and scrambled eggs, ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
5 cracker breads, ham, 1/2 Hea of cheese, chicken, radishes, tomatoes
Apple, yogurt

Snack:
Pineapple
1 cracker bread, jam (2 syns)
Pineapple
Strawberries

Dinner:
Chicken fajitas
Chicken, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese (rest of Hea)
Salsa 1 syn
Sour cream (2 syns)
Tortilla (9 syns)
New York cheesecake mullerlight(are they 2 syns? Need to check)

I've eaten way too many syns in the last 3 days so here's my plan of action for today (green day)

Breakfast
Quorn sandwich (heb, 1 syn for ketchup)
Banana when I get back from 2 hour walk with my friend (training for race for life)

Lunch:
Mushroom omelette, cherry tomatoes, roast potatoes, probably 1 syn for ketchup again
Fruit and yogurt

Snack:

Chocolate from syn bag (3 syns)
Bread from other heb, laughing cow light from Hea

Dinner:
Quark and spinach cannelloni, using both Hea for light mozzarella on top
Strawberries in jelly 0.5 syns
Yogurt, fruit
And one more 3 syn bag of chocolate.

Last edited:
Hey honey, how are you doing?xx

Back