Let's hope it helps

Hi there
I'm fine, really busy and tired at the moment and as a result not always on plan but I'm sure it'll get better soon.
I've had a look at your diary, glad everything is going ok for you, don't worry too much about the food I'm sure you'll get back on track soon. Aren't you meant to have more healthy extras when you're pregnant? X

Glad you're ok, but take it easy, sounds like you're working too hard!
No extra hexs when pregnant, I think it's only when breastfeeding as you need more calcium

I'm back!
I've had a fantastic weekend (but not so slimming world friendly!)
On Saturday we went out for a romantic meal while our daughter was at home with a babysitter, after dinner we walked around town, looking at all the places we used to go to and reminiscing about the good old days. Then we found a bar with a dance floor and had a bit of a boogie...until somebody planted their stileto in my foot! It killed, I've got a swollen, blue foot now! Anyway, it was about time to go home!
On mother's day we went to cragside, it was fantastic and we walked quite a lot, I actually managed to get a tan! At the end we had yummy afternoon tea and when I got home I ate plenty of chocolates:homemade ones given by my daughter (she made them at nursery) together with a "box of
love" (basically a little box that she kissed, wrapped in wrapping paper, with a lovely poem attached, nearly cried when she gave it to me at the childminder's on Friday!!!)
So all in all a perfect weekend with extra 1000 syns bonus! Oops!

Now, I really need to be 100% although I don't think it will be enough to avoid a gain on tuesday.
Here's what I had today:

Breakfast:
4 cracker bread
2 laughing cows 2/3 Hea
Yogurt, pear

Snack: apple

Lunch:
Couscous 0.5 syn
Tomatoes, cucumber, 8 olives (1 syn)
Banana

Snack:
1 cracker bread with jam 1 syn

Dinner:
Jacket potato with cottage cheese and cheddar (rest of Hea)
Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes)
Strawberries, raspberries, yogurt
1 last chocolate (3 syns)

Apart from the sore foot sounds like a heavenly weekend.
It's fab to have a proper 'date' night and bless your daughter on mothers day x

Thanks Sarah, I did have a fantastic weekend!

I put on 2 pounds last night, which is what I deserve! But I've enjoyed it and turned a new leaf now.
I don't have time to update my food diary for today as I'm off to belly dancing in a few minutes but I'll do that later on.

Thursday 7/04/11:

Breakfast:
Wholemeal bun, ham, cheese (hea, heb)
pear

snack:
1 mini caramel shortbread (colleague's birthday! 4 syns? or am I just deluded?)

lunch:
pasta salad (pasta, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, light mayo, 2.5 syns)
apple, pear

dinner:
Fried egg, chips, sausages (1 syn), peas, ketchup (1 syn)
yogurt, "lemon curd" (eggs, sweetener, lemon juice)
pear
1 glass of wine (6 syns)

I've had a great day today thanks to that sunshine! Hope you did too!
We went to a big park that had a mini railway this morning, had a picnic (sushi for me, mango, strawberries and raspberries and we shared a mini slice of Victorian cake, I had 2 mouthfuls!). Then we crossed the road to the beach and the fairground...but then we had to have an ice-cream, I was supposed to share it with my daughter but she didn't want any (she didn't know how to lick it and found it too cold!!! We actually try to make her eat some three times until I realized we were trying to force our daughter to eat junk when she didn't want any instead of feeling lucky that at least one of us wasn't greedy!)
Anyway, we got home and while she had a nap we did an hour's gardening then sat in the yard until 6
o'clock! I hope it's the start of a long warm summer!

Well, it's that time of year again and I'm in France for a week! I arrived yesterday and so far I haven't been too bad food wise although it's probably going to change from Wednesday as I have my first family dinner then! We also have a massive party for my dad's retirement party on Saturday and i' m planning o enjoying it a lot! Although with 180 guests to look after I might not have time to eat much (wishful thinking lol!)

Weigh in this evening: + 1 pound. I'm quite pleased with that given my week in France and the champagne and party food weekend I've had.
I am not going back to France until mid-august now so there should be nothing major preventing me from losing weight regularly now (apart from greed but I'll just have to deal with that).
I need to keep reminding myself about all the good things I CAN eat with Slimming World and go back to basics, eating as much free food as I can, etc... When I first went to SW I was amazed by the fact I could have a full English breakfast, carbonara, bolognese, etc...without even worrying about eating too much! whereas now I can only see the fact I can't eat chocolate as much as I would like (surprise, surprise! I do need to eat less fat and sugar if I want to lose weight!!!) or pizzas and take away.

Anyway, I'm starting again tomorrow with leftover chili con carne for lunch (+ potato wedges) and either criques with salad, roasted veg and couscous or ebly for dinner, depending on what we fancy.
I've bought loads of ham slices, radishes and cherry tomatoes to snack on too and strawberries and raspberries as a treat.

Well done on the tiny gain, and your new-found enthusiasm!!
You're right, it does make a difference if you change your outlook and look at how much you can eat!
I always found when I wanted to 'start again' to go through all the old magazines, and look at some new recipes or follow some of the 7 day plans they have in there... might be worth a try?

Just had a fantastic breakfast and thought I'll share it with you:
It comes from a Danish recipe my friend gave me and I adapted it to be more slimming world friendly:
Soak some porridge oats (I used two oats simple sachets) with buttermilk normally (I used from age frais and a tbsp of milk) and a tbsp of flour as well as some vanilla essence. Leave for 15 minutes then add two eggs.
Whisk and fry like a thick pancake. It made 3 pancakes and we had ours with raspberries and honey. It was gorgeous and very filling. I'll try without the flour to see if it makes any difference next time.

Yum that sounds really tasty!
I'm currently trying to decide what to have for brekkie...

I spotted this this morning before I planned my meals so guess what I had for brekkie!

I made it with my HEB porridge oats, mixed with a good dollop of fromage frais and a little skimmed milk to make it very sloppy. Then I left it as kibou recommended for 15 minutes before adding 2 beaten eggs, vanilla essence and some sweetener (very sweet tooth!) (No flour) Then I ladled it a portion at a time into my small pan and cooked it - and they were divine!

We sat outside in the sunshine with our oatcakes with yogurt and raspberries on them. Lovely start to the day. Next time I'm making extra to put some in the fridge for quick brekkies. I didn't add the flour and they were fine - just need careful handling to flip them.

Thought I'd also try small ones to top with cream cheese and smoked salmon or jam or ham and cheese.... the list is endless!

Thanks for the recipe!

Mmm, smoked salmon, that's a great idea Jeg, they could be a bit like blinis. I'll forget about the flour from now on and save on the syns!
So what did you have for breakfast Sarah?

Went for cheese and sliced toms on WM toast in the end but didn't really hit the spot as I was feeling fussy!!
Went out for Sunday lunch though and that totally made up for it!

I know what you mean, sometimes nothing really satisfy you. I had chicken salad sandwich, cherry tomatoes, half a scotch egg and some mango for my picnic. While I was doing the belly dancing demonstration though my husband went to get some chips and stuffed his face...now he only wants a light dinner because he had such a big lunch whereas I'm already starving!

How did the demonstration go? And good on you for resisting the chips - your picnic sounds yum x

Cheers, the demonstration was great, there was loads of interest and I actually felt quite good, despite the fact I was dancing on a public beach with loads of people looking!!!

I'm not doing a full diary really as I don't have much time to note down every single thing (although I know I should really do it if I want to keep on track!)
Anyway today I had crackerbreads, tomatoes and laughing cow + fruit for breakfast; ham and cheese salad for lunch and jacket potato and chili con carne for dinner.
Most importantly I had a great dessert:
I defrosted some raspberries and they came out a bit warm and mushy, I then added a vanilla yogurt (activia) and crumbled a caramel snack a jack on top. It was great and took ages to eat as it made quite a big bowl...all for 2.5 syns! I might even have it for breakfast tomorrow morning!

Back