Let's Not Waste Time Feeling Guilty

Oinkstop

I've noticed quite a few posts over the last few days where people have been overwhelmed with guilt because they have cheated and they are worried it will affect their weight loss.

I'd like to suggest to everyone two things:

1. Let's not feel guilty about cheating.
  2. Let's not worry about cheating.
Now I'm not suggesting that sticking to the diet isn't important. It is very important. The problem is that worrying about how much damage we might have done by a cheat or feeling guilty about it doesn't change what's already happened.

What's done is done.

Feeling guilty or beating ourselves up for our failings doesn't make dieting any easier. In fact, all those bad feelings probably make it even more difficult, especially for those to have a tendency to binge when they feel bad.

So please, folks, let's all concentrate on doing the right thing, but when we do make mistakes (and it happens to all) we just have to dust ourselves off, get back on the wagon and do better next time.

Guilt, negative self-talk, and worry shouldn't have a place in our hearts or our heads. Over the long haul, this diet does work, and if we stick with it long enough, we will get to goal!

:) well said! :D

lightbulb moment!

brilliant post chicks... i don't feel so bad about yesterday now :)

heehee, don;t hide and run, you know it makes sense
I quite agree.

And why are they posted so often on the bloomin' 100% forum?!!

*runs and hides* :D

well said! I have had a bad week, but I know the reasons why and why feel guilty, the food I ate was a much better choice than I ever would of had before

well said Oinkstop, will put the last 3 days behind me! x

Back