Let's start at the beginning ...

Fostyroo

Hello all,

After reading a few of your inspirational diaries I have decided that writing one is just what I need to keep me on track and to (hopefully) inspire others! Also, it must be great to look back at your journey when you reach the end!

My husband and I are on day 1 of CD SS. We both have a long way to go, and decided we didn't want to know our start weights, just how much we lose! I must admit this has put me in a much more positive state of mind than previous attempts at SW/ WW where I was immediately depressed by my start weight.

Luckily I am off work until Monday, so should be past the worst stage by then.

Right, so far so good!

CDC is lovely and very keen that we will do well, as well as being realistic to the temptations and possible pitfalls! She is going on holiday tomorrow, so when we weigh it will be at the 3 week mark! May need to draw on you all for support!

For breakfast I had a Cappuccino shake and for lunch a vanilla one. Really liked the vanilla, so so on the cappiccino! I am over half way through my minimum water intake and dashing to the loo often! Not sure I will be able to drink as much during the day when at work!

I do feel hungry, but resisted picking when clearing out the cupboards and fridge freezer! Nothing left but cat food and cabbage for the guinea pigs!

Look forward to sharing the journey with you, and thanks in advance for the support, I know I am going to need it!

So jealous of you for being able to do it with your husband in that you're able to clear your kitchen entirely - I live with a flat mate who's skinny as a bean pole and today I almost found myself deliberately standing over the bin so I could smell her thrown away cucumber! Desperate Times.

It's definitely getting a lot easier very quickly though - I'm on Day 5 myself and I think you'll find days 1 and 2 are the worst bit, then you start to get a little more used to it.

Good luck with your first week and if you aren't seeing your CDC for the first three weeks I would definitely stay glued to Minimins to keep the motivation pushing you through - let us know how you get on!

- Joe

Good luck, stay motivated :)

So jealous of you for being able to do it with your husband in that you're able to clear your kitchen entirely - I live with a flat mate who's skinny as a bean pole and today I almost found myself deliberately standing over the bin so I could smell her thrown away cucumber! Desperate Times.

Ooh, you're lucky!! :p My OH (thin as a rake) & DS have more treats & tasty food than Tesco's in our house. AND I have to cook it for them :rolleyes:

Good luck Fostyroo, 3 weeks is a long time in SS land. I would recommend that you weigh yourself after a week, it's hard going the first few weeks and your loss will really boost you & help you keep going when you feel like eating the chair leg ;)

Keep chugging the water & coming on here, you'll do great xx

Ooh, you're lucky!! :p My OH (thin as a rake) & DS have more treats & tasty food than Tesco's in our house. AND I have to cook it for them :rolleyes:

Now that's crazy talk! Why on earth won't everyone else stop eating when we stop eating eh!? Utter, utter selfishness. We should write to someone about this.

- Joe

DiaryofaFatty said:
Now that's crazy talk! Why on earth won't everyone else stop eating when we stop eating eh!? Utter, utter selfishness. We should write to someone about this.

- Joe

Lol! I like the way you think Joe ;)

Well say 2: Feel surprisingly OK! Didn't wake up hungry and planned ahead with a bottle of water at the ready for as soon as I woke up! It really does help not having ANY food in the house. Have popped into work today to tidy and print off some planning to keep busy. My husband and I are keeping each other motivated by planning all the things we will do when we lose weight that we feel we can't do now!

How is everyone else doing?

Fab frosty, you'll get through day 2 no probs! I feel good today, think I must be in ketosis as I'm not as hungry as I have been on days 1 and 2! Had the choc orange shake for breakfast, might add a little more water in future as I'm finding them quite thick! I love the soups, might swap my porridge packs! Having no food in definitely does help, although when I open the cupboard I feel like I'd give my right arm for a tin of beans haha

although when I open the cupboard I feel like I'd give my right arm for a tin of beans haha

I know this feeling all too well >_>

Glad you're having a relatively easy time with it Fosty - particularly through the first few days!

I'm just starting Day 6 today so although I should be into the easy bit now thanks to ketosis, I'm actually finding it the most torture as it's my weekend and my flat mate is eating and drinking lovely things while I'm rocking on a chair in the corner planning her death. :p

- Joe

Hahaha well funny Joe! Do not cave in, don't allow the last 6 days of torture to be ruined for something you don't really need. Remember why you started cd in the first place and think of th new, slimmer you

I agree, it would be such a waste - it's so hard to remember that when you're fantasizing about it though! :p

- Joe

You're all doing brilliantly, it does get easier I promise! :)

Starting to flag a bit now! Hungry, headachy, a bit (a lot) moody! But I am over half way through the worst 3 days, so just needed to keep glugging the water! I am looking at pictures of pretty dresses to keep me motivated!

That's the attitude Fosty!

- Joe

Keep it going Hun! A little trick use when
I'm flagging ( particularly at the end of the day, when let's face it, you do begin to wonder exactly how many carbs are in one of the sofa cushions) is to say to myself
'yes I'm hungry and I want to eat that cake/ biscuit/block of cheese but I can resist if I choose to. I've regretted eating things plenty of times but I have never regretted not eating something' theres nothing to beat waking up in the morning and realising that yes you did the very best you could and there was absolutely nothing which you have to feel 'guilty' for eating because you stuck to it!
Stay strong you are doing great!!! Xx

Had some odd dreams last night... have woken up this morning feeling ok. I feel bad as I have turned down a friends invite to a bbq today, but I could do with being a bit selfish and doing what I need to do. I haven't told anyone I am on cd as when I mentioned the possibility a while ago it was all negative! I am hoping to avoid my family until my nans bday party in 5 weeks in the vain hope they will see a difference! Anyway, must have my first shake of the day! Good luck to everyone x

I had to turn down a BBQ last night and was gutted although I felt so bad yesterday that I couldn't have gone and drank water if I wanted to :( also had to turn down a Chinese buffet lunch today and make my excuses! That's the hardest part for me!

It's worth it girls, BBQ is evil! :p

- Joe

Back