Lets talk about Bars Baby!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Claudine004, 11 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Claudine004

Claudine004 Oh Yea!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyones weight loss has been affected due to having bars.

I am finding that I can only have a few bars a week. Sometimes having two bars will have me losing a 1lbs or so less per week. My CDC thinks it should not really make much difference.

I am having 3 Cranberry bars this week as an experiment really to see how my loss goes. IF my loss is poor I shall have to 'ban the bars' :wave_cry:

I know that the bars contain more carbs but surely not enough to make that ,much os a difference?

I'd love to hear other people experiences of this.

Ta ta!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Banafell

Banafell Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.44%)
    Hola! I'm losing on average 3lbs a week, I think that's a nice steady loss, I have 3 cranberry bars a week (the only kind I like) and I don't think they have affected my weight loss. Infact, week 2 or 3 I didn't have any bars and only lost 1lb.... hope they don't affect your weight loss! it would be a shame if you couldn't have them :)

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have on average 7-9 bars (cranberry) per week and i average over 3 pounds loss a week...so dont think it affects my loss lol

5. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    They do affect my losses unfortunately. I did an experiment and the week I had no bars, I lost more. It may only be 1lb but it certainly made a difference to me.

Due to work, I need to be able to have bars so now just stick to cranberry or peanut and limit those to days where I have no method of making a shake - I can't stand the tetras so anymore than 1 in a day just wouldn't happen!

6. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Bars have never made any difference to me hun.

7. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey hon
    I have always had the bars in the 6 months I have been doing cd apart from the first few weeks and I have not noticed that it has affected my losses.. try it out one week and see but I am sure you will be fine.
    Well done your doing fab x

8. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    I have 7 frozen malt toffee bars a week and i don't think that they make any difference to my losses x x

9. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

I think the bars affect my cravings more than anything but with TOTM looming Im planning on getting more bars this week so at least Ive got something that Im allowed to chew on!

10. Claudine004

Claudine004 Oh Yea!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks guys,

That helps a lot. I will see how I get on this week!
    X

11. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I have had two bars a day for the past 6 weeks or so and had decent losses - it differs for everyone. Some people find that more than the occasional bar gives them diarrhoea/wind badly - luckily, I haven't been affected by this either (I think it's because I nibble on them through the day rather than eat them all in one go)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.