Lets Try Again.. Slimming World Food and Weight Loss Diary.

Day 23..

Breakfast -
Porridge - B Choice
Almond Milk - A Choice
Strawberries and Raspberries - Speed.
Dark Choc - 2 Syns.
Sweetener - Free

2 Syn.

Lunch -
Salad -
Carrot, Spring Onion, Cucumber, Spinach, and Lettuce Selection - Speed.
Spicy Tomato Cold Pasta Salad ( Just made with Plain Pasta, a tin of tomatoes and lots of herbs and spices ) - Speed and Free.
Chickpea, Lentil, Onion, Red Pepper and Spinach Falafel Type Balls - Speed and Free.
Dressing - Alpro Yoghurt 1/2 a syn if that, mustard 1/2 syn if that, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and jalapenos .

1 Syn.

Dinner -
SW Chip Small Potatoes - Free
Mushrooms, Onion, Pepper, Spinach - Speed.
Spices - Free
Splash of Almond Milk and a grating of Cheese - Rest of A Choice + 3 syns.

3 Syns.

Alpro Go On Yog - 1.5 syns.
Choc Shot - 2 syns.

=9.5 syns :)

L.x

Hi Lilly! it looks like you are doing great, 5 lbs is a lot of weight, it is hard when our scales do not live up to our expectations but the weight is coming off, if you haven't done so I would also recommend measuring yourself, I find weeks that I don't lose the weight I expect on the scales is normally when I see a lose in inches!

Aw thank you! I have come back fighting and trying even harder this week, just making sure i do everything 100% and fingers crossed I will get a good loss :) It is strange you say that because I really do feel like I have lost some weight, so it could be like you are saying I have lost some inches! :)

Day 24..

Breakfast -
Porridge - B Choice
Almond Milk - A Choice
Strawberries - Speed.
Choc Shot - 1/2 Syn.
Sweetener - Free

1/2 Syn.

Lunch -
Ministrone Soup -
Onion, Carrot, Pepper, Chopped Tomatoes - Speed.
Mixed Beans and Red Lentils - Protein.

3 Easy Peelers - Speed.

Dinner -
Salad -
Carrot, Spring Onion, Cucumber, Spinach, and Lettuce Selection - Speed.
Spicy Tomato Cold Pasta Salad ( Just made with Plain Pasta, a tin of tomatoes and lots of herbs and spices ) - Speed and Free.
Chickpea, Lentil, Onion, Red Pepper and Spinach Falafel Type Balls - Speed and Free.
Dressing - Alpro Yoghurt 1/2 a syn if that, mustard 1/2 syn if that, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and jalapenos .

1 Syn.

Strawberries - Speed.
Yoghurt - 1/2 Syn.
Choc Shot - 1.5 Syns.

2 Syns,

3 Syns for the day :) L.x

Day 25..

Breakfast -
Porridge - B Choice
Almond Milk - A Choice
Strawberries - Speed.
Choc Shot - 2 syn.

Lunch -
Ministrone Soup -

2 Linda Sausages - 1 syn.
Ketchup - 1/2 syn.

Dinner -
Quorn Bolognaise -
Quorn Mince - P
Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms and Tomatoes - Speed.
Spaghetti - Free.
Cheese - 3 syns.

Popcorn and Pretzel Bar - 4.5 Syns.

11 syn Total.

Weigh in day tomorrow!! I feel like i have had one of the best weeks ever, I've eaten so much speed it is coming out of my ears and i have tried to cut back on choccy as well, so here is hoping X

Fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow! Just had a big catch up on your diary. You're doing so well with the speed! x

Weigh in Result Number 4 ... -1lb.

That is 6lbs in 4 weeks.

I am sooo sad :( I really thought i would do better than that this week, I don't know what i am doing wrong. I have never had so much speed in my life, every meal was a big salad and things and I really tried with my syns. If i didn't lose well this week I don't think I ever will.

I have at least half of my body weight to lose, I am not tiny, I really think my losses should be bigger than this.

I really felt deprived this week as well, salad isn't my favorite food in the world at all, so I think I am just going to go back to eating all the free foods i enjoy like potatoes and beans and things, more high carb I know but if i am only losing 1lb a week with way less carbs, I can do that with jacket potatoes as well and actually enjoy my dinners!

I Won't let it stop me, I would be sad if I only kept losing the 1lb's as I had a mini target set to myself of losing at least 2 stones by the end of June, and at this rate I don't see it happening, but we shall see :)

Have a good day guys.X

Well done on your losses - you've almost lost half a stone now - but I'm not surprised you feel a little disappointed - your food looks so healthy, varied and fully on plan - your speed was amazing last week!

If you go to a class your consultant may be able to advise - if you're doing it solo - the only thing I can think of is the size of your portions.

I've been doing Slimming World on and off for a long time - in the past the SW/consultants used to regularly advise us to eat as much free food to satisfy our appetites (not that I often do - I tend to eat as much free food as I want!)

In my experience - this advice isn't often mentioned these days - it might be worth checking your portion sizes - although your food looks uber healthy to me. When my losses are lower than I'd like - I tell myself that even when I'm back at target - I'll still have to follow SW for the rest of my life if I want to stay slim - keep it up - you will get there!

Last edited:
That sucks you didn't get the result you hoped for, especially as you'd tried so hard. I always think going back to basics works, so have your carbs, just keep the 1/3 plate speed rule, use your healthy extras and syns and drink until you're peeing endlessly (might just be me!).

It's also worth remembering that your body doesn't know it's weigh in day. This week's efforts might show themselves on the scales next week.

You can do this.

Well done on your losses - you've almost lost half a stone now - but I'm not surprised you're disappointed - your food looks so healthy and fully on plan - your speed was amazing last week!

If you go to a class your consultant may be able to advise - if you're doing it solo - the only thing I can think of is the size of your portions.

I've been doing Slimming World on and off for a long time - in the past the SW/consultants used to regularly advise us to eat to satisfy our appetites (not as I often do - eat as much free food as I want!)

In my experience - this advice isn't often mentioned these days - it might be worth checking your portion sizes - although your food looks uber healthy to me. Keep it up - you will get there!

Thanks so much for your advice, I have been thinking the same, maybe i am eating too much, but even this week I really tried to cut back on portion sizes, and even if it was larger, most of it was speed, but maybe I am just not doing enough.

It is really shocking me more because i have done the plan so many times, eating far more than I have done over the last few weeks and always lost really well, maybe my body is changing and I still to stop comparing how i lost before to now.

Thanks for your kind comments, i'll keep going! :)x

That sucks you didn't get the result you hoped for, especially as you'd tried so hard. I always think going back to basics works, so have your carbs, just keep the 1/3 plate speed rule, use your healthy extras and syns and drink until you're peeing endlessly (might just be me!).

It's also worth remembering that your body doesn't know it's weigh in day. This week's efforts might show themselves on the scales next week.

You can do this.

Thanks so much, I am definitely going back to basics this week and eating what i enjoy as long as it is on plan. I am going to throw some body magic in there as well. My job means I am sat down all day so I doubt that will help me either.

I drink 4 cups of green tea every day and a litre of squash, I am up and down the stairs like a yoyo! Haha.

Ty!x

Breakfast -
Porridge - B Choice.
Almond Milk - A Choice.
Strawberries - Speed.
Half a Banana - Free
Sweetener - Free
Choc Shot - 0.5 Syns.

Lunch -
Ministrone Soup -
Normal Potato SW Chips.
( It was a small bowl of the soup so did some wedges to go along side to act like bread! Lol )

Tandoori Quorn Chicken Salad and Rice.
Huge Salad - Carrot, Cucumber,, and Lettuce Selection - Speed.
Dressing - Alpro Yogurt 1/2 a syn if that, mustard 1/2 syn if that, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and jalapenos .
Quorn Tandoori Chicken - Roasted with Tandoori spices, Red Onion and Peppers.
Boil Rice - Free

1 Syn.

Snacks -
2 Chickpea, Lentil, Onion, Red Pepper and Spinach Falafel Type Balls - Speed, Protein and Free.
Snackajacks - 5 Syns.
Dark Choc Mint Crisps - 8 syns.

Syns for the day - 14 syns.

Got a huge Morrison's shop coming tomorrow so going to have lots of tasty new things to try this week and hopefully a change in meals may help my weight loss? Fingers crossed :)

L.x

That's a great day! I'll look forward to seeing how you turn your food shop into tasty meals and snacks :classic_smile:

Day 26..

Breakfast -
Porridge - B
Almond Milk - A
Strawberries and Raspberries - Speed.
Sweetener - Free.

Lunch -
HUGE Salad - Lettuce, Spinach, Carrot, Cucumber, Pepper, Spring Onion - Speed.
Dressing - Alpro Plain Yog, Mustard, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Jalapeno's - 1Syn if that.
1 Jacket Potato - Free
Half a Can of Beans - Free / Protein.

( Small feeling proud of myself moment here, 1, If i ever have a jacket potato and beans, it is all I have, never any veg or anything with it. 2, I don't ever just have 1 potato, I always have 2. 3, I never have half a can of beans, I always have a full tin too. 4, I always have cheese too! But today, i did the total opposite and had a medium potato, with just half a can of beans and there was over half the plate of just salad. Doesn't sound much, but I am proud of myself here, it is definitely showing how much effort I am putting in just to myself! )

( Also noticing that even when I get a huge Morrison's shop - I am still eating the same things every day haha. Being a Veggie i think you really do tend to as the options aren't always there, I thought I was going to be creating lots of exciting things, but looking in my fridge and cupboards, I seem to just have the same idea's in mind! Lol )

Dinner -
SW Chips - Free
Half a can of beans - Free / Protein
Mushrooms, onion and spinach - Speed
Cheese - Rest of Healthy A.

Snacks -
Go ahead Goodness Bar - Cocoa and Hazelnut - 5.5 Syns.
Alpro Yoghurt - 2 Syns.
Choc Shop - 1 syn.
Strawberries and Raspberries and Apple - Speed.
( Mixed up all of this together in a bow - Gorgeoussssssssssss )
Bag of Lentil Crisps - 4.5 Syns.

14.5 Syns for the day.

L.x

Well done on your speed - your baked potato's very impressive too - any change for the better's bound to help our weight loss especially when they become a good new habit!

If I were you I wdn't be concerned at eating similar things at this stage (unless you feel you might get bored and become tempted to go astray!) It looks like you're getting lots of variety to me especially with your food delivery on its way!

Well done on your speed - your baked potato's very impressive too - any change for the better's bound to help our weight loss especially when they become a good new habit!

If I were you I wdn't be concerned at eating similar things at this stage (unless you feel you might get bored and become tempted to go astray!) It looks like you're getting lots of variety to me especially with your food delivery on its way!

Thank you lots! I was very proud of myself, all for having half a tin of beans haha.

Small changes add up to a big effect, so you should be proud 😊

Do you plan your meals before you shop? If not you'll probably buy the same things and so eat the same things. If you're happy with your meals and getting results there's no NEED to change. I love having all sorts of different meals - that's mostly because I'm a pig 😂

Do you plan your meals before you shop? If not you'll probably buy the same things and so eat the same things. If you're happy with your meals and getting results there's no NEED to change. I love having all sorts of different meals - that's mostly because I'm a pig 😂

Haha! I am the exact same, i do love different things all the time but i get really stuck with what to have, i just always buy the same things and end up creating the same things. I think an evening of scrolling through Pinterest, Blogs and FB is in order to give me some idea's so I can come up with some different meal idea's.

I have just made an order with JD Seasonings, I got some Bombay potato, Salt and Pepper Chips, chips and wedges and Burger seasoning to try out to have something different on a few evening, they have lots of different kits so if i like these i'll order some more.

Haha! I am the exact same, i do love different things all the time but i get really stuck with what to have, i just always buy the same things and end up creating the same things. I think an evening of scrolling through Pinterest, Blogs and FB is in order to give me some idea's so I can come up with some different meal idea's.

I have just made an order with JD Seasonings, I got some Bombay potato, Salt and Pepper Chips, chips and wedges and Burger seasoning to try out to have something different on a few evening, they have lots of different kits so if i like these i'll order some more.
I agree with Lilly - you shd be proud about making changes- those seasonings sound lovely - hope you like them - let us know how you get on!

I like to try different things too but I'm also quite fussy about my food and cos all food's restricted in some way when I'm dieting (like forever) I often cook the same things cos I know I'll enjoy them and I'd be so upset if I'd cooked something and didn't enjoy it! xx

Ah I don't like to see you calling yourself a pig :classic_frown: lots of us are obsessed with food - it's not like many addictions cos we can't cut it out of our lives completely - at least with being on here - we're doing something about it - think positive :classic_wink: xx

!

I find the I look what I have in the freezer or cupboards and see if there's something different I can do with them. A lot of websites you can type in an ingredient, e.g. salmon, and it'll bring up loads of different recipes. I like to rotate pasta, rice and potatoes (mmm carbs) too, so I might want salmon and be keeping an eye out for something with rice. Good food is a good site, and I find Tesco recipes good too.

Upndown you are sweet, I mean pig in a good way, I'm not much for the self hate.

Back