lets try again!

frenchie34

Forgive me Miniminers, for I have screwed up.
I am nearly 4 weeks into my original 10 week challenge. (Now 11 weeks thanks to the royal Navy) My total weight loss so far has been......... 1lb.
After my first weigh in I have tried and failed daily to stick to the plan. This resulted in a little meltdown on my part yesterday morning when I stepped on the scales. So..... I cried, I felt sorry for myself, I got up, kicked my own butt and reached for the water bottle.

Yesterday was my new day 1. I weighed in at 12 stone 10 and I now have 7 weeks today until my fiance is home (Royal Navy permitting). I did it yesterday, 100% on plan and so today I can do it again.

I would go into the reasons why I failed, emotional mainly, but I have used excuses for too long. So what if I had the news that my 10 week away/10 week apart routine has been extended for another 2 years, we can use it as a good chance to save for a wedding. So what if my ex is being a tool, I am away from him now and the children are happier without him. So what if my work load has been crippling me for the past 4 weeks? I have earned a promotion and am now classed as a valued member of the team.

I want this motivation to continue and realised that I haven't been posting on here, therefore not receiving the support that spurred me along last time. So here I am, hands up, saying "I am Frenchie, I am not perfect, but I'm not gonna quit"

Hi Frenchie, and welcome back! :)

I think I could write a book about emotional eating :rolleyes:

.....it doesn't solve the problem, you feel twice as bad about yourself and all the rest of it.

Dust yourself off, and start again.

Hang in there, and use the support here :D

Thanks Darcy, it is so easy to slip off the wagon but like you said, just dust yourself off and try again. *deep breath* half way thru day 2, water being drunk on hourly basis. Get thru today and I know I have cracked it! X

Good on you frenchie for making it back - we're all sinners, otherwise we wouldn't be here. ;) It's rotten that you're apart for longer than you should have been, but just keep imagining your fiance's face in 10 weeks when he finally sees you!

Keep posting! :)

Fantastic to read your motivation and how you've turned your negatives into positives. You'll do brilliantly on this diet if you can keep that attitude up, and you're an inspiration. X

Well, I certainly wouldn't call myself an inspiration, my weight has gone up and down for years. 10 yrs ago I weighed 18 stone 9, my son was 10 months old. Lost 5 stone 7 on sw then fell pregnant with daughter. Tipped scales at 16 8 after she was born then slowly got down to 12.8. Maintained that for 6 years and then it started to creep up. Did exante in march, 10 weeks and went from 13.9 to 11.11. Started exante again in august at 12.11, 12.10 last Saturday and fingers crossed....low 12's this Saturday coming. (weigh in day!) want to be 11.7 when oh gets back! Day 6 and going strong!

So you've gone from 18.9 to the low 12's. that's fantastic and it doesn't matter how long it took you to get here. Well done! Hope I'm as successful as you were in your 10 weeks on exante. I'm trying not to weigh myself until day 7. Eek!

I am usually a daily weigher but limit myself to once a week when on exante. That way I don't slip up as I look forward to seeing the loss each week. If I see I am doing well each day my inner demon starts telling me I could just have a little treat........

Well done you! :woohoo:

Back