Let's try this again

Thanks!!
I'm tucked up in bed, absolutely smothering with a head cold but I still feel so happy :)
There's definitely a lot to be said for focusing on the good instead of the bad!!

Have a lovely day ladies x x

Aw I'm so pleased for you and 2 inches off is fantastic xx

Thanks all.
Not such a good day today, diet still 100% though woo and trying on dresses in primark today I had to put the size 20s back and get 18s yeeehaa!!

However, ex has told me he's still been talking to and really likes that girl he met before Christmas. Aghh all I keep imagining is them getting serious fast and involving my daughter, or him putting her second or them having a child together!! She already misses him so much as it is. I just keep thinking about bringing her home from the hospital with all the best intentions. I'm crazy I know.
Ugh!!

Have totally neglected everyone's diaries, I must seem so self absorbed right now guys but I can't wait to get back to them!!x x x

Aww hun try nt to wory abt ur ex situation it mite nt even come to tht tho i kno its easier sed then done...:( hpe ur k n on the plus side u get to try on smaller clothes i am literally counting down the days till that hapens...is it js me imagination or me waist does feel like its gone in a tad bt prbz is js all in me mind cz wnt to shrink so badly one cnt shrink in four days rite? Reli need hips n liv handles to go doe lool....cnt bring maself
To measure maself :( dno y? ...prbz the shame of it or sumat lol x

Thanks hun Yeah I suppose these are all issues I just have to deal with as positively as I can!
I think I saw you commenting on the Facebook page, you're a knock out!!

Well I weighed today and I'm 18st on the button (Haha I know that's other people's idea of hell so it seems funny posting it in such a cheery way!) So next stop is definitely the 17s, yippieee!!!

List of all the things that have improved since I started
*I've lost over 2st
*Am fitting into size 18 dresses (not jeans because I've a big arse :D) when I was a 20 in dresses and 22 in jeans before.
*Somehow, my knees don't hurt at all anymore!
*I can walk briskly through town, around my area etc without sweating like a pig and being mortified if I bumped into anyone, I've always been quite a fast walking (or wobbler:p) I used to walk fast over to my local shopping centre and when I got there and stopped walking my face would start sweating agh, that doesn't happen anymore at all.
*I'm not so embarrassed to bump into certain people anymore.
*I actually have a bit of confidence now and feel like there really is a good life waiting for me!
*Planning to go back to Liverpool with my friends in March and this time I know the seat belt won't cut me in two (I didn't even close it on the way over the last time, just covered it as I was terrified it wouldn't close, it barely did)
*Hoping to book my first holiday away with my little girl this year and I couldn't care less about getting a bikini bod but I would like to just look half normal Haha!!

Sorry for going on and on, I just really need to keep remembering why I'm doing this and all the benefits I'm reaping.

It's great that you list all those positives. Every week there are gains to be had. And I always think we do better at this when we feel positive about ourselves - so hurrah for 18 stone. All the numbers look good on the downward path :)

As for your ex, try not to overthink it. It's only been a couple of weeks and you already have them with a child and in all kinds of scenarios with your daughter. Let everything take it's course and just do what you can to facilitate her relationship with her Dad. After that you can't control it so it's kinder to yourself to remove worries about the future and regrets about the past from your head. Other people will do what they do - you can only influence how you play it. I know that's easier said than done when it's the middle of the night and our minds go crazy but try as much as you can to stay in the present and enjoy every day.

You're doing really well!

Aw Thanks for that lovely post C!!
I'm actually laughing here at me conjuring up all those scenarios, I don't know what was going through my head :eek:
Really need to sort out my sleep though, I'm not sleeping much at all, even on non freaky out days!

Yeah I don't mean to list positives in a really self congratulatory way but I've found that once I start focusing on the negative it's very hard to come back from and keeping happy is a huge priority now!!

Going to bring the little one out on her scooter now.

Thanks so much x

Last edited:
After pretty much no sleep whatsoever last night, I still managed to have a productive day!!
Lots of cleaning, loads of washing, Davinas new 15 minute fit workout dvd (which by the way has made me feel great!), little walk and bit of shopping with my little one :D

Amazing discovery I read on here about putting an Oxo into the cottage pie pack, YUM!! I also chucked one in cheesy pasta which I'm not crazy about and it was also very nice!

Feeling really good!x

Thanks hun Yeah I suppose these are all issues I just have to deal with as positively as I can! I think I saw you commenting on the Facebook page, you're a knock out!! Well I weighed today and I'm 18st on the button (Haha I know that's other people's idea of hell so it seems funny posting it in such a cheery way!) So next stop is definitely the 17s, yippieee!!! List of all the things that have improved since I started *I've lost over 2st *Am fitting into size 18 dresses (not jeans because I've a big arse :D) when I was a 20 in dresses and 22 in jeans before. *Somehow, my knees don't hurt at all anymore! *I can walk briskly through town, around my area etc without sweating like a pig and being mortified if I bumped into anyone, I've always been quite a fast walking (or wobbler:p) I used to walk fast over to my local shopping centre and when I got there and stopped walking my face would start sweating agh, that doesn't happen anymore at all. *I'm not so embarrassed to bump into certain people anymore. *I actually have a bit of confidence now and feel like there really is a good life waiting for me! *Planning to go back to Liverpool with my friends in March and this time I know the seat belt won't cut me in two (I didn't even close it on the way over the last time, just covered it as I was terrified it wouldn't close, it barely did) *Hoping to book my first holiday away with my little girl this year and I couldn't care less about getting a bikini bod but I would like to just look half normal Haha!! Sorry for going on and on, I just really need to keep remembering why I'm doing this and all the benefits I'm reaping.

Iv had lil sleep tooo wide awake till well late :( lol wats ur name on fb hun? Knockout? Me? :s or were u tslkin to sum one else in u sum one else there? :s sorry if u were talkin to sum one js the above quote was after my last post soo umm yh lol those r brilll improvements motivation hun welll done xx

Aw Thanks for that lovely post C!!
I'm actually laughing here at me conjuring up all those scenarios, I don't know what was going through my head :eek:
Really need to sort out my sleep though, I'm not sleeping much at all, even on non freaky out days!

Yeah I don't mean to list positives in a really self congratulatory way but I've found that once I start focusing on the negative it's very hard to come back from and keeping happy is a huge priority now!!

Going to bring the little one out on her scooter now.

Thanks so much x

I really enjoyed reading your 'Positives' - they made me feel really happy for some reason.... Oh my goodness! I'm so greedy I'm eating other people's happiness LOL :8855:

Seriously though, I don't know what it is about this site, but other people's happiness, losses, pain, struggles and triumphs all feel so immediate and real .... Please keep posting more positives, we love them. You're doing so well... 17s are sniffing distance away :D Bravo xx

Yes you Priya!! Same name and same writing style, you're gorgeous!! I never post on the slim and save Facebook page, I haven't told anyone I'm doing this and although it's private I'm just really wary for some reason!! I'd hate my friends knowing because they've seen me trying these things before and understandably would be a bit eye rolly about it!

Aw thank you Bev, I feel exactly the same on here. I think because it's so anonymous people are just way more honest about their triumphs and struggles. I've been to WW and SW groups in the past and it was never the same as here, nobody ever (understandably I suppose in a group setting) would really get into the nitty gritty about how awful they felt or how even how proud they felt. There was a filter but on here I think everyone gives the works which is brilliant!!x

I have made one decision now, that I'm not going to have anymore dealings with ex other than to saw hello and goodbye when he's collecting our daughter and coming up so I can go swimming. No more hanging around in my home and wait for it...this should please you lot ;) no more talking about him on here or anywhere!! It's doing me no good talking about it and raking up over everything and there's much nicer things to put in my head than negative thoughts about him and his life which is actually none of my business!!

Night Nights folks I'm off to read a book and fingers crossed actually get some sleep x x x

Yes. This forum is full of amazing positive people. And maybe because we all go through the same struggle we understand each other and 'get' it. Every single one of you ladies inspires and motivates me :)

M x

Morning hun, God I'm totally running on empty today. It was around 1.30am when I was starting to fall asleep and bang my little girl decides to wake up and go on a mad one half the night :banghead:

I'd love to hear more about your positive book, that's my main new years resolution too! :)

Hey all,

I've been very quiet on here, been so bloody sick. Throat is in agony, chest feels terrible, it hurts to talk and I've been getting no more than 3 hours sleep a night between me not being able to fall asleep till past two and my little girl waking at 3 agh!!

However, I've managed to stick to the plan but I did slightly od on bars the last two days because I told myself I needed the vitamins :eek: finally in the 17s though!! Well 17st 13lbs so only just!

I'm finding it's getting a little harder now though because a life seems to be forming for me, friends inviting me out, a man or two showing a little interest (one of which hasn't seen me since I was a size 12 though so that's more reason to stay on!). It's just weird because when I started in November there was no life for me to even feel I was missing out on but now there is so it's getting tougher and I need to keep my focus because I love where I'm going!!

I start my voluntary job today too, I'm excited and nervous and really wish I wasn't so exhausted but my daughter is staying with her dad tonight for the first time so I'm going to have such a nice lie in tomorrow and hope I don't miss and worry about her too much!!

Hope everyone's well, will get around to reading diaries this evening I can't wait.
I've also written myself a letter to open six months from now, really cool little exercise.x

The letter sounds intriguing. Well done for hitting the 17s and staying on plan when you're ill. Good luck on your first day in the job xx

Back