Letzes' Diary

Welcome waffle!

The website went off yesterday and I missed you girls! My day was pretty good, but included lots of procrastination instead of hard working. I had to stay awake until 2:00 working on my paper and could finish it this morning, fortunately.
In terms of food, I got around 1300 calories, as you can see, I'm coward and can't increase to the 1500 without feeling guilty :/

Last edited:
Welcome waffle! The website went off yesterday and I missed you girls! My day was pretty good, but included lots of procrastination instead of hard working. I had to stay awake until 2:00 working on my paper and could finish it this morning, fortunately. In terms of food, I got around 1300 calories, as you can see, I'm coward and can't increase do the 1500 without feeling guilty :/

Wow 1300 isn't many! I am the opposite I eat loads lol x

I'm trying to get to the healthy amount of 1500, but I'm too afraid to reach it :/

By the way, I created a MFP account and updated food for this week (since Monday). I still don't like the interface, but as many people who are on calorie counting have it, I thought it would be nice to have some ideas for menus.
My user name is Letzes :)

I'm trying to get to the healthy amount of 1500, but I'm too afraid to reach it :/ By the way, I created a MFP account and updated food for this week (since Monday). I still don't like the interface, but as many people who are on calorie counting have it, I thought it would be nice to have some ideas for menus. My user name is Letzes :)

I've added you but I can't see your diary, you could always just update your weight on there so people can cheer you on for encouragement but still keep your actual diary on the other one xx

I can see your diary, Letzes! I don't know why it isn't showing up for waffle. :(

MFP does give vitamins and nutrients, but it's in a silly place, rather than the main page. Can't remember where--somewhere or other you can click on "nutrition," and it's there.

I can see it now :) x

I'm kind of tired today. Even after spending long hours writing the paper I couldn't sleep until late, woke up at 6:30 am, had breakfast and then went to bed again, which is always a bad idea. When I woke up, I had to finish the paper. I'm sure it has many typos, but if it's accepted, I will get the chance of reviewing. I don't even want to read again because I'm such a grammar-nazi (not in English, but in Portuguese and just with myself) that I'm going to blame myself for days if I find the typos.

Day was good if you consider that I didn't go over my limits, but bad if you think that I should have managed to be at least near the limit. I also had to do laundry, but I didn't, by now I have a camping backpack full of clothes hahaha. The problem is that the lift here is broken and I'm a tragedy with big bags, so I moved the clothes to the backpack... but was just not feeling like going today. I went to the gym, though. I know that normal people have breaks on their exercise schedule, but I feel quite guilty when I don't go... and sometimes I even go to force myself to leave the house / computer.

Anyway, even being tired, I had to go back to my sleeping pills. It's probably my anxiety because the trip back home is approaching.

Here is today's food:

Breakfast: Bread + Laughing Cow + Tomatoes + Alfalfa / Coffee / Pear.
Lunch: Panga Fillet + Zucchini + Green Beans / Corn + Mixed Greens + Tomatoes + Mozzarella Light / Pear.
Snack: Cherries (I don't remember the last time I ate cherries, but today they were on sale and I bought a small bunch - it is so good! I should have bought much more!).
Dinner: Salmon + Butternut Squash / Mixed Greens + Tomatoes + Mozarella Light / Pear.
Snack: 2 fingers Kitkat (I'm still going to eat them and want to see if I'll be able to control myself and eat just half of the pack).

Calories: 1190

The day was packed with pears because they were getting bad and I don't like to waste things.
Tomorrow is holiday and so is Friday. I hope some shoppings will open as there is nothing to do. The gym is going to open... let's see if the supermarket (which is below the gym) will also open, so I can buy more cherries!

=> When I say nothing to do, I mean nothing fun. I'm actually plenty of work to do...

Last edited:
Sounds like a lovely menu - but what's panga, is it a fish?

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping - I'm the same, I get to sleep ok then wake up and I'm awake for hours, playing Pyramid Solitaire Saga (my guilty secret lol). I've recently started taking 5-HTP and a triple magnesium complex tablet before bed, and that is really helping me - I did wake at 1am but got straight back to sleep. Might be worth considering? xxx

Sounds like a lovely menu - but what's panga, is it a fish?

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping - I'm the same, I get to sleep ok then wake up and I'm awake for hours, playing Pyramid Solitaire Saga (my guilty secret lol). I've recently started taking 5-HTP and a triple magnesium complex tablet before bed, and that is really helping me - I did wake at 1am but got straight back to sleep. Might be worth considering? xxx

Yeap! Panga is a really low caloric (and cheap) fish!
I already have two sleeping pills that work well, one is a natural complex and the other is really a medicine. The things is that I wasn't taking them for quite a long time and it was fine, but now I went back to the medicine. I know some people just cope with insomnia, but I really hate it, it goes for a day, then I start to get worried because I'm not sleeping well and as a consequence I don't sleep again because I'm worried about sleeping (see, such a stupid thing hahaha).

Another good day, though I'm still feeling a bit tired. But I finally managed to do my laundry!
It was one of those days in which I wished I had some frozen food instead of cooking. Nothing unhealthy, just practical.

Breakfast: as yesterday, but with a apple instead of pear.
Lunch: pasta with tuna and tomato sauce + mozzarella (such a small portion :/) / mixed greens.
Snack: whey + almond milk / apple.
Dinner: tuna pie + canned asparagus (first time trying it and it was nice -- will buy the fresh one as soon as I find)
Snack: the other half of the kitkat.

Calories: 1275.

Yeap! Panga is a really low caloric (and cheap) fish!
I already have two sleeping pills that work well, one is a natural complex and the other is really a medicine. The things is that I wasn't taking them for quite a long time and it was fine, but now I went back to the medicine. I know some people just cope with insomnia, but I really hate it, it goes for a day, then I start to get worried because I'm not sleeping well and as a consequence I don't sleep again because I'm worried about sleeping (see, such a stupid thing hahaha).

Not stupid at all exactly what happens to me too!

( I maybe in denial of my stupidity ;))

I start to get worried because I'm not sleeping well and as a consequence I don't sleep again because I'm worried about sleeping (see, such a stupid thing hahaha).

I do the same - must say, am loving the herbal approach, I might wake up in the night but then instead of fretting about it, i usually (not always) get back off to zzz land quickly :)

Yah, we have problems hahaha :)
One of my pills is also a herb, but the name is in Dutch and I can't remember.

I've just decided to buy a digital kitchen scale tomorrow, I totally want to be a crazy-diet-lady who weighs everything. I have a very simple one by now, but it's not as precise as my perfectionism with numbers needs it to be.

Ooh I couldnt live without my digital scales or frozen food for that matter haha! Xx

Ooh I couldnt live without my digital scales or frozen food for that matter haha! Xx

I'll be on the housing hunting (for renting) soon and one of my demands is to have a freezer! I live in a student-studio now and, though the cost-benefits are great, I'd like to find a place more like a home, perhaps a small apartment or a duplex studio with a better kitchen and bathroom.

I couldn't live without my electric scales, either! I am so bad at estimating how much things weigh.

I lived without a freezer for a year, and it's sort of what kickstarted my weightloss! It made us start eating fresher food, which was good. But it also meant that if we wanted ice cream, we had to eat it all the day we bought it... haha.

Back