Liberation or Irritation...?

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Ok, Well as you may or not be aware I did CD back in 2008 and lost 5 stone in 3 months, and managed to maintain that pretty much for a further 6 months before it all went to hell. Anyways...

Last time I bought a new set of scales, and became quite obsessive about weighing myself...would actually weigh myself at LEAST twice a day, every day, whilst doing CD - it really became an obsession, and not a healthy one!!!

I moved about 9 months ago now, and my scales got broken in the move, and as I am enormous and miserable I haven't actually replaced them. I got weighed when I met my Counsellor yesterday to pick my stuff up...and now won't be able to weigh myself until I see her again in 2 weeks!

At the moment this feels quite liberating...means I can't obsess about it like I did before, also means I think that I am less inclined to cheat as I know I will need to keep the weight off and the CD in control between weigh ins. But I am concerned it is going to turn in to an irritation...not knowing how I am doing between weigh ins, not being able to monitor every 1/4lb as it goes on and off...

So what do you think? No scales...liberating or irritating?

I should add last time round I was as obsessive with ketostix - I pee'd on a stick at least once a day, every day throughout the diet!!!! If it helps I was the same whilst trying to conceive earlier in the year (something that is on hold for at least 6 or 7 stone!!!) - I was spending a bloomin fortune on pregnancy tests and would pee on them alot. Eventually just had to stop ordering them!!!!

So there is an insight in to the life of a woman who is OCD about weeing, weighing and comparing pinkness and looking for non-existent lines, yet I am the complete opposite when it comes to being able to control what I put in my mouth...

i biffed off my scales and now will only be getting weighed by my cdc. Thing is, if we stick to this diet then we WILL lose so be liberated x

Very true, and I do feel that the scales hindered my weight loss a little last time, as I was able to work out what I could "get away with" without the pounds going back on, which isn't a good thing!!! As obviously in the long run I couldn't really get away with it!!!

thats exactly what I did!

lol! i was thinking of doing that tommorow, did tell my cdc that i will be having a new years meal but have weighd myself today and will do again in the morning and then on new years day to see if i can get away with it and still have a loss. Never really weigh myself but have a feeling if i can get away with it this, wots stopping me from doing another time!!

Such a similar pattern to me, with the loss and regain. I so recognise the super control in some aspects of my life, but complete lack of food control. However, New Year and a New Start and you sound really determined, so I'm sure this time you'll do it. As for the scales, why not see how you go, you can always buy some if you get desperate! I would think it would be liberating though.
Good luck with the fresh start! :)

i binned my scales when it got to the point of me weighing myself before and after every toilet trip, i must have been weighing up to 20 times a day

not being abe to weigh between weigh ins has certainly been better for me

I don't know how you can do it without scales - very impressed. I weigh twice a day - when I get up and when i go to bed, but I don't (this time) get hung up on it. The odd times I have been away from the scales I have thought I have lost far more than I =actually did and ended up very disappointed! So for me they work!

Well I was naughty and weighed myself at work today! Bit pointless because I didn't weigh myself before I started on the work scales, so only have the weight from my counsellors scales to work from. However in a moment at work this after I made myself up a spreadsheet to record every weigh in lol. IF the scales at work are accurate (if!) then I have lost 7lb already. May sound a lot but I drop it off fast to begin with. First time I did CD I lost 23lb in the first 9 days, and managed just short of 5 stone in 3 months, though the last 6 weeks of that I certainly wasn't 100%. So who knows what I can achieve this time round if I actually manage to stay 100% - at least for the next 5 weeks until Disney!!!

I was the same always weighing myself and looking in the mirror. I currently don't have any scales....and i was wondering whether to buy any for starting. I am going to try and not to....hopefully i can be strong! lol

I know , I know, but I gotta admit I wake and weigh, I find it very useful, but if it was driving me bonkers and leading to mood swings I would stop ( I think).

Bella

Back