Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

That's what I'm thinking. More of a brunch type thing. Right now I need some leftovers haha. I've got some jersey royals waiting to be eaten so I'll see if I can keep some back!

Today's breakfast. I was bored so tried something new. It's baked oat carrot cake.
It needs more cinnamon but I've run out and supplemented for ginger instead. Looks a bit flat. I think it may benefit from a smaller deeper (non stick) dish!! However it's one hex b and I think half a syn in baking powder. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Today's breakfast. I was bored so tried something new. It's baked oat carrot cake.
It needs more cinnamon but I've run out and supplemented for ginger instead. Looks a bit flat. I think it may benefit from a smaller deeper (non stick) dish!! However it's one hex b and I think half a syn in baking powder. :)

Ooooo I am liking this!! So I am assuming it's flour free? Always on the hunt for gluten and flour free things! Also I love ginger and cinnamon! Yummy!

Ruth
X

P.s

Was actually really yum :) made a nice change and I made it with one egg and two egg whites. I'll do it again but need to buy some cinnamon!

Ooooo I am liking this!! So I am assuming it's flour free? Always on the hunt for gluten and flour free things! Also I love ginger and cinnamon! Yummy!

Ruth
X

Ha you wrote that as I did Ruth. Yes it's oats, 1 egg + 2 whites, Splenda, cinnamon and ginger and a grated up carrot. I did put 1 tsp of baking powder in but you could skip that as I assume it's not gluten free!?

I repeated the breakfast but with more cinnamon as I popped to sains to get some. Still nice but actually think I prefer it with the touch of ginger. Very filling though so am content for the morning. I've got a veggie curry on the hob reducing for lunch. It's all good :)

Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning (remind me to come back to this) and it's showing a loss so far so I'm happy.

On the scale note. I read recently that the Japanese advocate daily weighing as standard. Apparently it's a natural weight loss tool because it promotes mindfulness and the theory goes that if you get on the scales every day you will, over time, make better choices and see the number gradually reduce. Interesting. The Japanese have a very healthy diet so there may be something in it. Although I'm deliberately ignoring the existence of sumo wrestlers. Who, I believe, use rice to gain their bulk. Ever since finding that out I have avoided real rice and will be buying more cauliflowers!!!!

Last edited:
Ok in an effort to step outside my diary, Tom riddle style, I'm going to post the above as a conversation topic on the main board.....

Oh my god I'm so poorly. If this doesn't guarantee a loss I don't know what will buy at the moment I feel so ill I don't care :( :( :(

Oh my god I'm so poorly. If this doesn't guarantee a loss I don't know what will buy at the moment I feel so ill I don't care :( :( :(

Oh no :( that's rubbish!! I hope you feel better soon! Is it a virus?

Ruth
X

I think so. Not good with 2 kids. All I want to do I lie down :(

I'll be trying my best haha. I've got a film on for DD and little one is surrounded by his toys. He naps about 9 so I'll be joining him!!! X

Yes thanks @craftermary it was a 24 hour thing but it wasn't pleasant :( mr LTL had to change some lessons and come home early to take over so I could lay down as I was dizzy when standing. Yuck. Really appreciate feeling better though!!! :) :)

I'm so proud. We went out today and I made an egg and ham salad and took a bottle of San pelligrino so it felt like a treat drink. Then it rained so we had to sit indoors in the kind of place where you have to order food and they don't let you eat a picnic. Hmmm. My friends ordered burgers and chips. Me? Jacket potato with beans and NO BUTTER!!!

Normally I'd agree but needs must the day before weigh in! Anyway it paid off

Drum roll............…

5lbs!!!!!

Back