Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Friday 27th Dec Sale Shopping what an absolute crock that is. Each shop had about 8 items on each rail of rubbish you wouldn't buy at 90% off and all their good stuff, the new season non-sale stuff scattered appealingly close by. Mahoosive signs in the window: 50% off with "upto" in tiny letters in the bottom left hand corner and then dross when you go in. On the plus side I bought two tops in Jane Norman. Never even ventured in there before. Yay :)

I can't do sale shopping I don't have the patience to root through rails of rubbish

Hi LTL, thought I'd pop into your thread and say 'hello' to a fellow Actifry addict lol!

Hi LTL, thought I'd pop into your thread and say 'hello' to a fellow Actifry addict lol!

We use it every day pretty much. Out if all my kitchen gadgets it's the one we can't do without. We even took it to center parcs!! Let me know if you come up with any good recipes :) x

How many syns is the oil ? Or do you use fry lite ?... There in the sale here for £106, may go for one !!!! What other things do you cook in it apart from chips which I hear about !!! Thanking you xx

Last edited:
How many syns is the oil ? Or do you use fry lite ?... There in the sale here for £106, may go for one !!!! What other things do you cook in it apart from chips which I hear about !!! Thanking you xx

I use olive oil and either count it as my Hexb or syn it. It's 6 per tbsp but that does two people so I syn it at 3. I love mine. They are well worth the money. I've had my wrists duly slapped about the bracelets so we had best not talk about them on here. Totally my mistake. :(

Sunday 29th Dec

Post Christmas Weigh In

Its Wed. I'm sure it's going to be horrendous although part of me knows its temporary, for some reason I feel I have let myself down this week. It's bothering me already.

Sunday 29th Dec

Post Christmas Weigh In

Its Wed. I'm sure it's going to be horrendous although part of me knows its temporary, for some reason I feel I have let myself down this week. It's bothering me already.

I reckon you will be fine! You did sooo well leading up to Christmas and you only really had one bad day. I am sure that the guilt of taking some planned time out makes our brains exaggerate the syns which in turn keeps us on track....Thats my story and I am sticking to it anyway :) I am sure you will be ok though

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Sunday 29th Dec Post Christmas Weigh In Its Wed. I'm sure it's going to be horrendous although part of me knows its temporary, for some reason I feel I have let myself down this week. It's bothering me already.

No Sam, you haven't let yourself down - you've celebrated Christmas and you've got back on plan which is a major achievement. Most people will gain at this time of year - even slim people, but you have done what they do naturally which is to cut back a bit to compensate. Don't have any preconceived idea of what you hope the scales will say. Just accept the figure and stick with the plan; you know it works.

You guys are so right and what's the rule? Easy on, easy off!!

I feel better now, thanks x

I'm debating lunch. I'm thinking a veg heavy omlette with beans. Lots of mushrooms and onions. Filling but not too heavy on the day prior to the first weigh in of 2014!!

Hmmm. I can't face more scan bran today!! My tummy needs a day off!!

Hi Sam, just read a post of yours and see you're in Brighton. I live there too :) I went to group a few years ago but moved away... Now I'm back I want to wait for a bit before I go to a group... can't bear to find out my actual weight, I'd rather ignorantly guess! What group do you go to? Don't worry, I'm not gunna start stalking you haa X

Hi Sam, just read a post of yours and see you're in Brighton. I live there too :) I went to group a few years ago but moved away... Now I'm back I want to wait for a bit before I go to a group... can't bear to find out my actual weight, I'd rather ignorantly guess! What group do you go to? Don't worry, I'm not gunna start stalking you haa X

That's ok you can stalk me I don't mind ;)

I do it from home using the online app thingy because I find it hard to commit to a meeting. I like to find people locally as it helps to have a support network. Which group did you go to before? I live in Portslade and work in Hove and I know there are local ones but to be totally honest the freedom of online and the support I have on here is more than enough for little old me :) xx

Hi Sam :) ... Don't worry too much about the impending WI! I stayed on plan over Christmas but, like you, found myself picking at meat whilst carving (and from the fridge) and eating what felt like FAR too much (my 2 daughters and I literally ate our way through a 2kg box of crevette prawns in 2 days <blush> ).

I was dreading WI last night (you know when you tiptoe onto the scales as if that's going to make a difference? lol) only to find I'd actually lost 5lb. You too may be very pleasantly surprised :)

I went to one in Elm Grove. Now the closest group to me is on Lewes Road, and the same lady runs it... I am embarrassed to see her again! All fat and flabby. Hahah.
I find groups really, bloody boring, but I like the pressure of being ashamed of a gain. :) X

Hi Sam :) ... Don't worry too much about the impending WI! I stayed on plan over Christmas but, like you, found myself picking at meat whilst carving (and from the fridge) and eating what felt like FAR too much (my 2 daughters and I literally ate our way through a 2kg box of crevette prawns in 2 days <blush> ).

I was dreading WI last night (you know when you tiptoe onto the scales as if that's going to make a difference? lol) only to find I'd actually lost 5lb. You too may be very pleasantly surprised :)

Oh my goodness that's so wonderful. Well done. I can't imagine many can say they lost 5lb over this week!! I'm so pleased for you!! I've done everything right to negate it so what will be will be and worst case it will be gone by next Wednesday so no great shakes in that respect! X

I went to one in Elm Grove. Now the closest group to me is on Lewes Road, and the same lady runs it... I am embarrassed to see her again! All fat and flabby. Hahah.
I find groups really, bloody boring, but I like the pressure of being ashamed of a gain. :) X

I know lots of people swear by the perceived public humiliation and although there are a couple over this way they fall at bad times for me. Plus I like to weigh in in the nuddy and I hear that's frowned upon at group?! I mean come on people it's practically 2014!! Haha. So when do you plan to rejoin?

Back