Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Friday 3rd Jan

My Directional Debut?

I was looking at my stats on the left and noticed where it said "Edit Avatar". My first thought being "I'm not sure James Cameron would be impressed but I'll give it a shot..."

Have you guys come across intuitive eating and beyond chocolate (book/website). I really rate it and am attempting to use what I've learnt with sw, even though it's totally about not dieting it does examine the emotional side of eating.

Thanks for this :D I've just downloaded Intuitive Eating to my kindle, along with Beyond Temptation - a book by the same authors as Beyond Chocolate but which specifically addresses overeating (when I read the introduction on the 'look inside' I recognised myself immediately :( ) Alcohol isn't (thankfully) an issue for me as I hate feeling even a little bit out of control so never drink, yet I know that I'm out of control with food ... weird :confused:

Thanks for this :D I've just downloaded Intuitive Eating to my kindle, along with Beyond Temptation - a book by the same authors as Beyond Chocolate but which specifically addresses overeating (when I read the introduction on the 'look inside' I recognised myself immediately :( ) Alcohol isn't (thankfully) an issue for me as I hate feeling even a little bit out of control so never drink, yet I know that I'm out of control with food ... weird :confused:

No it's not weird, I've never really compared overeating to over drinking alcohol, but it is the same really, just different consumable.

Bracelet arrived safe and sound. Thank you for your little note. I love it xxx

Ohh I still don't know where to find the bracelet.
I posted a while ago Sam and I think it disappeared. Or you had many visitors soon after and I haven't sifted through all the messages.

Where can I go to find one of your WWASPE bracelets? (Sorry if you have already explained this a hundred times!)

Ohh I still don't know where to find the bracelet.
I posted a while ago Sam and I think it disappeared. Or you had many visitors soon after and I haven't sifted through all the messages.

Where can I go to find one of your WWASPE bracelets? (Sorry if you have already explained this a hundred times!)

Hi kimberly. I'm really sorry I did reply but I had my knuckes rapped for "promoting a business" so the posts were removed. I apologised to the mods but I means I can't talk about it on here anymore. Totally my mistake. I never even thought about it like that.

Beyond temptation is the second of the books, beyond chocolate is also really good. I hope you find BT useful.

I'm going to download this later. It should be very interesting and a good support for the hypnotherapy I had. Thanks for the recommendation!! X

I heart my kindle. :)

I heart my kindle. :)

Me too, though I resisted having one for a long, long time. Hubby ignored me and bought me one for Christmas and I've not put it down yet lol (even though he also bought me a shedload of books).

Certain ones I have to have the actual books. For general everyday reading though I love it.

Oh yes, I don't think it will ever replace proper books for me. I love the weight, feel and smell of them too much - it's almost a comfort blanket for me, lol... plus I do find it irritating that I can't just flick back pages to check bits (I'm a bit of a skim reader so I sometimes need to). With the kindle though I love the convenience and that I can get books as soon as they are published rather than making myself wait for the paperback :)

I agree about the need to skip back. I could do with that as I'm like you, a fast skim reader so I'd love the facility to flip back quickly. I guess we can't have everything. The ability to flip AND carry 1000 books at once haha x

Tuesday 7th Jan

Knees

Im having trouble sleeping. I've never had bony knees and I sleep in the foetal position, knees together and all tucked up. Now that's uncomfortable. I can feel BONE. Ow ow. I've had to dig out my full length body pillow and sleep with it tucked in my knees. I wasn't expecting this if I'm honest. I thought losing weight was all happy roses and skipping kittens but actually this annoys me somewhat. I have a small child ergo my sleep is precious. I do not want a reduction in the quality of the sleep I do get.

Im going to invent soft knee pads. Right where's my drawing board..... ;)

Tuesday 7th Jan

Knees

Im having trouble sleeping. I've never had bony knees and I sleep in the foetal position, knees together and all tucked up. Now that's uncomfortable. I can feel BONE. Ow ow. I've had to dig out my full length body pillow and sleep with it tucked in my knees. I wasn't expecting this if I'm honest. I thought losing weight was all happy roses and skipping kittens but actually this annoys me somewhat. I have a small child ergo my sleep is precious. I do not want a reduction in the quality of the sleep I do get.

Im going to invent soft knee pads. Right where's my drawing board..... ;)

See, being slimmer has it's disadvantages after all! No, wait, it really doesn't! Isn't it a great problem to have?!

Much like the pain of spending on smaller clothes!! :)

Back