Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Big COngrats on your 3lb loss. Im so glad you've got more of your mojo back. xxx

Saturday 1st March

Children

I try to be all relaxed about eating. Little one is pretty good at trying things and asks for fruit and similar things to what I snack on as well as the usual kids snacks. But why oh why does every meal take an age? Argh! Watching what I have cooked congeal on the plate!! I have to fight not to get annoyed because I want her to have a positive relationship with food and for it to not be a source of contention but its sooooo hard!!! My own mum was always dieting when I was a kid. I don't want her to see the same and that's the beauty of SW because it's just healthy eating.

Sunday 2nd March

Trolling or just attention seeking??

Is this site susceptible to trolls? Maybe I am just being a little un-empathetic but there are some users on here that appear to be...fishing...would probably be a better word. They ask questions. Give snippets of themselves to make themselves seem marginally interesting and then when you try to engage simply shut you down with an air of victim complex.

I know we have covered this ground before in that the anonymity the site affords allows us to share or not share at will but maybe I am a little too... Im not sure of the word but I find it weird to come on here and post randomly cathartic messages and then watch the replies come in with no response. Is it just attention seeking?

Morning Michelle :)

I suppose it takes all sorts and the thing about a forum like this is that it is, rightly, open to all but I still find it a bit strange, some peoples approaches to the site and everyone on it!

I love it here though. Despite that. (Hark at me treating it like a real physical 'place' haha). I could never have managed to get this far without the help. It's quite an oversight that SW doesn't offer a forum. When I did WW the forum was buzzing but quite cliquey. Having said that if SW did set up a members forum how many of us would opt to stay here? I know I would!!

I'm not on Facebook. Not for a long time. I think the overabundance of information on other people makes me twitchy ;)

I totally agree that this place feels so friendly. Comparing it to the Ww forum, well suffice to say I didn't use it often. The policy of ignoring new peoples efforts was quite discouraging. Plus there was something of a sense of humour failure or maybe my slightly tongue in cheek posts were lost in translation. Matters not as we are in the know and this is the place to be! :)

Morning Sam!

I know what you mean but wonder if sometimes people either don't like the responses they get perhaps because they're not the responses they want, or they simply fall off the wagon. There have been cases in the past when people have taken umbrage at the (often correct and very helpful) replies because they don't fit in the OP views. I tend to feel miffed if I've taken time to respond and the OP doesn't acknowledge as that's just plain bad manners.

They seem to be getting onto every sort of site lately. FB has been flooded with them the past couple of weeks.....I've seen some disgusting stuff on there......what do these people get from posting this kind of stuff. Sick!!!! Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It annoys me too when you take the time to reply and help someone to not get a thank you back. It really grates me. It's not hard to say a quick thanks very much is it. Like someone posted above, maybe they don't like the response they get but I think it's just plain rude.

Just wanted to take the time to thank you for your replies ;)

haha

a lot of the time I put it down to dropping by the wayside. I know it takes time to build up posts but if someone has only a few there is a better than average chance that they simply don't come back to see if anyone has answered them!

I guess it's just like in 'real life' (as opposed to virtual, which I guess this is) - you meet people with differing manners / upbringing / behaviors, so I guess it's going to happen on here as well. I tend to shrug it off - if I give an answer and get no response, well it's their loss not mine, ultimately it makes no difference to my life. Same I think with trolls. It's rude, but people must have tremendously empty lives if posting something unpleasant gives them joy.

I once read a very nice statement, which said 'be kinder to people than you have to, you never know what personal challenges they may be facing', so (without wanting to sound like a virtuous angel, which I am most certainly not), I try to keep that in mind. Most of the time....

I guess it's just like in 'real life' (as opposed to virtual, which I guess this is) - you meet people with differing manners / upbringing / behaviors, so I guess it's going to happen on here as well. I tend to shrug it off - if I give an answer and get no response, well it's their loss not mine, ultimately it makes no difference to my life. Same I think with trolls. It's rude, but people must have tremendously empty lives if posting something unpleasant gives them joy.

I once read a very nice statement, which said 'be kinder to people than you have to, you never know what personal challenges they may be facing', so (without wanting to sound like a virtuous angel, which I am most certainly not), I try to keep that in mind. Most of the time....

I like that statement :)

yes I agree with that sentiment which is why, even if I think I'm wasting my time. I try to reply where others haven't. :) doesn't always get you anywhere though! :)

Yep, I agree, I always try to reply and help out where I can. It's good to add words of encouragement and to share tips and info xx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have learnt so many good things through investigating for others :) so it's not wholly altruistic!!

Haha. All welcome. Trolls, unicorns....elves. X

Back