Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I think tilapia tastes of mud! But then that was the kind in Kenya, from the river... maybe the farmed stuff is actually tasty but I'm not fussed about trying it!

Michelle...I did have my suspicions about it being farmed. I've eaten it Uganda straight from the River Nile and it's a huge chunky fish...not anything like the tiny fillets I was buying! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :cry:

Boo the first time I had it was when I bought it from the Asian shop & only then because it was cheap & super speed food & I do love fish. Grrr undecided whether I'll buy it again now.

I think tilapia tastes of mud! But then that was the kind in Kenya, from the river... maybe the farmed stuff is actually tasty but I'm not fussed about trying it!

It does taste nice and not 'muddy' at all.

Ha no worries. That is SO gross. I'm glad I don't eat it. Although I have in my former non-veggie life! Urgh

Thursday 13th August

Shopping - The Joys

Seriously. I love to shop. I've always quite liked it but now I can shop for pleasure instead of fit and comfort. We took the train to the outlet centre at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth today. High street discount heaven. I looked at stuff and was able to choose based upon how much I liked it. Not just buying it because it fit and looked vaguely ok. I didn't even bother with Next and M&S where before I would have gravitated. Instead I ventured into Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, All Saints, The White Company and O'Neill. Instead of getting despondent because they all had sizes that were left over instore (ie small) I actually tried stuff on and had fun. Not in Ralph Lauren though. That shop is a garish jollyhockeysticks hell hole of colour and gaud. Yuck. Haha. No, actually, not haha. Just yuck.
Anyway I'll get to the good bit. I bought a pair of SLIM cut Levi's in a 30" waist (interestingly when I typed that my iphone auto changed it to 40" and I had to manually change it back. F**k you iphone! Rude!) and a jacket in All Saints in a bloody size 10!!!! And it fits. AND I can do the zip up.

Rock on.

Woohoo lovely NSV there.
You can't have long to target then?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks! Technically its 6.5lbs. My target is 11st 7lb but I may adjust that to 11. 11/7 is still top end of healthy weight range but I might just sit at that for a bit and breathe it all in. All that fresh fat-free (ok reduced fat) air. At the very least I might make it 11st 5lb to take it to a round 6st. Does anyone know how low you can go under target before you have to pay again?

Hark at me. Like I'm already there or something!! I just want to know how low I can go or how big a buffer I can give myself safely.

I'm off to Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth next week.I always head to M&S first.:D

Oh I would have done given more time. I really really love their undies. Far better than anyone else's for quality and fit. I just didn't need any today. I'm not knocking M&s I promise. I just wanted to go to places I wouldn't have even bothered trying before.

Where are you coming from? Have you been there before? I loved it so much!!! Too much!!

Oh not long at all. You have a three pounds buffer each way so you can go three over or three under then you pay

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

That's my target celebration meal covered then. ;)

you have a 1 week grace period hun - i went out of target last week and prayed for a loss this week or Id have had to pay at wi last night boooo

Glad you had so much shopping success...isn't it great to get into those smaller sizes too. I found a top, actually in Tesco. OK, I was browsing the sale rail and admit I'd never bought any clothes there before. Anyway the top was size 10 and I almost didn't try it on...I mean, ME in a size 10, unheard of!!! You guessed it...it fitted!! £5 worth of joy!

I love the buffering zone of 3lbs either way. Just to crow a little....I have 2 more months to stay put (making 1 year) and then I can be a Diamond member!! Reward? new badge!!

Ahh girls clothes shopping. Cuteness. How lovely :) I love buying girls clothes. Sounds like a good excuse for a spree to me :) I hope you have a lovely time!!

Oh how adorable. A proper Christmas jumper! Ahhh! I wish my little one was small enough to be told what to wear still. At 4 she is turning into a bit of a clothes-zilla! There are loads of places down there for girls clothes too. I had to stay out of the gap outlet for fear of bankruptcy. No joke.

Oh I've just spotted your Christmas countdown. OMG. it will all be in the shops soon. I do LOVE Christmas but my goodness doesn't it come round fast??!

This is a public forum right? I struggle with people who think that the only reason to reply to a post is to agree with the OP and that anyone who ventures a contradictory opinion is automatically mocking or deriding them in some way. If people took the time to read back then they would realise that certain members have form for public self-flagellation and so shouldn't be encouraged. To do so so openly on the main forum is to incite response. Naturally so. In fact it is most likely the desired response. Which is trolling. Say what you will but the basic understanding of a troll is someone who posts inflammatory content and sits back and watches us take ourselves apart. I want to go back and point all this out but I dipped out so I won't.

I just wish wish I could stay out of silly posts. But it's like a ringing phone. I just can't ignore it!!!

This is a public forum right? I struggle with people who think that the only reason to reply to a post is to agree with the OP and that anyone who ventures a contradictory opinion is automatically mocking or deriding them in some way. If people took the time to read back then they would realise that certain members have form for public self-flagellation and so shouldn't be encouraged. To do so so openly on the main forum is to incite response. Naturally so. In fact it is most likely the desired response. Which is trolling. Say what you will but the basic understanding of a troll is someone who posts inflammatory content and sits back and watches us take ourselves apart. I want to go back and point all this out but I dipped out so I won't.

I just wish wish I could stay out of silly posts. But it's like a ringing phone. I just can't ignore it!!!

Lots of them about unfortunately Sam, and unfortunately some do rise to the "bait" whilst the "troll" is sitting laughing their t*ts off. One of the reasons I dont get involved and another reason I dont have FB

Hope your ok hun x

Ah thanks Sheila :) I don't have FB either for that As well as other reasons. Its awkward and hard to know what's genuine and what isn't. I think your policy of non involvement is a sensible one. I must practice it more often. X

Don't worry yourself over it Sam.The last time she posted before yesterday was 4 weeks ago.

I only replied as having had depression and nearly not being here it is something close to my heart.Just wanted her to know it's not only obese people that get it and if she is suffering with it to seek help asap.:)

Agree with this. I don't know if it was genuine or not, but either way pointing out that people of all shapes and sizes can and do suffer from depression is not having a go. So don't worry, and in future I'll probably try to avoid similar posts too!

Back