Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I know Michelle - I loved them too, which is why I kept them ... I actually found some of them last month when I was searching the 'cupboard of doom' for something else lol: a whole load of hardback Famous 5 and Secret 7 hardbacks. I loved them all :)

It is fascinating just how much language usage can shift in such a relatively short period of time though.

I bet you spent a lot of time sitting there reading them, I know I would have done!!!

Oh I loved Enid Blyton - I saw myself as an impoverished Malory Towers gel - why oh why didn't my parents have enough money to send me to boarding school so that I too could have midnight feasts and make friends with girls with flashing eyes and sensible ones who were good at lacrosse.

I'm still not over it.

LOL - Me too Sally ... though, to be fair i wanted to be a boarder at The Grange a la Mary Gervaise ... flashing eyes, lacrosse sticks, midnight feasts AND ponies! What was not to like? ;) My Mother was constantly threatening to send me to boarding school but sadly never did (she thought it was a threat anyway - I lived in hope lol).

I wanted to be naughtiest girl is a monitor. High jinks and japes at boarding school.

I wanted to be at the Chalet School.

Ooh, now there is a little boutique in the lanes called Pansies or primroses (it's a flower!) and they do them I think. Or the big garden centre Wyevale on the racecourse hill. Or possibly mayberry garden centre in Portslade. That's right by me and I know they do candles but couldn't guarantee they are specifically Yankee candle. :)

Ahh how lovely. Congrats on another grandchild :)

Been going ok. Although I used up the rest of my weeks Syns last night. All calculated in though :)

i will say though I feel sooooo much better already. Hopefully the scales show some movement on tues but most importantly I feel bright and alert, I'm sleeping better and everything is functioning properly. I'm so happy I restarted properly.

Also I'm in love. I had coconut oil on toast this morning. Two small slices of wholemeal as my HEXB and a scraping of the oil as half of my healthy fats hexb (I'll use the other half in my Actify later) and it was GORGEOUS. I have been using my coconut oil for lots of things like my hair and things but this is the first time I have put it straight onto toast. Immense.

Last edited:
Mmm coconut oil and toast idea sounds fab, must try it! I love beef oxo on toast, so yummy!

How do you use the coconut oil on your hair? I have some but only ever used it pre SW for cooking

Glad your feeling results of being back on plan, im sure it will show on the scales!

Great news on another grandchild Cavegirl :D It's nice when they are close in age I always think - less room for resentment because neither of them remember a time when the other wasn't there. There is an 8 year gap between my younger sister and I and we have never been close - consequently I had all 3 of mine within a 3 year window lol. It was hard work when they were small (and teens!! Grrrr), but it paid off as they are immensely close emotionally :)

Fab to hear that you are already feeling the benefits Sam :D I think that sometimes we need to fall off the wagon to remind ourselves how much it affects our general sense of wellbeing. The real trick is catching ourselves before feeling like poo becomes normal again :)

Mmm coconut oil and toast idea sounds fab, must try it! I love beef oxo on toast, so yummy!

How do you use the coconut oil on your hair? I have some but only ever used it pre SW for cooking

Glad your feeling results of being back on plan, im sure it will show on the scales!

it was so so good!! On you hair...I slap it on and rub it in. Wrap it in a warm towel for an hour or so and shampoo out. You need to give it a couple of washes but it leaves your hair feeling lovely!! Smells pretty good too! ;)

Great news on another grandchild Cavegirl :D It's nice when they are close in age I always think - less room for resentment because neither of them remember a time when the other wasn't there. There is an 8 year gap between my younger sister and I and we have never been close - consequently I had all 3 of mine within a 3 year window lol. It was hard work when they were small (and teens!! Grrrr), but it paid off as they are immensely close emotionally :)

Fab to hear that you are already feeling the benefits Sam :D I think that sometimes we need to fall off the wagon to remind ourselves how much it affects our general sense of wellbeing. The real trick is catching ourselves before feeling like poo becomes normal again :)

i agree. Feeling poo should never be normal. I know I'm feeling better because I don't mind about the gain I'm just happy to feel 100% again and not have all the bloating and guilt!!

How lovely. It's unseasonable for practically November. It's looking gorgeous down here today too. I've decided I want a new smelly candle now. I may have to hunt them down myself!! WI tomorrow....bit apprehensive in some ways but I definitely feel less scales motivated. At least at the moment. I took some size 14 jeans to our local animal sanctuary (they have an onsite charity shop, they don't put them on the cats and dogs!!) and came away with a load of size 12 goodies. That's what counts.

Yes I have a couple of them. I am obsessed with having my house smell nice! I have a couple of oil burners dotted around as well. Things that burn only go on after little ones bed time as she is the clumsiest person ever (after me that is, husband thinks it's genetic). I'm just liking the idea of all of their creative smells :) plus they look pretty! :) I hope you get everything you need!!

Just ordered two from yankee candle direct on eBay. :) they have some on discount. I'm so naughty.... ;)

That, Janet, is a very good point. Non edible goodies. That's where it's at!! :)

Back