Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

For their sakes I hope you are right Paul!

JVBP! How the devil be you? I'm thinking we try and build it back up ourselves. At the end of the day a forum is only as good as the people on it!! I'm going to try and maintain a presence here and over "there" at food fighters but really I would like this to be as it was in its hey day but without the apparent nastiness that went on. I've been told this may have contributed to people not wanting to return. I am not sure exactly what went on but do remember the odd bit of trolling!

I loved Minis before it 'died', such a shame they pulled the plug the way they did, but let's forget about that and get this place buzzing again!xx

Exactly that!!!

Dinner dinner...batman

Am I the only one who still routinely says this?

Apparently yes.

Anyway tonight's was yummy with capital mmm

Roast chicken breast, jacket potato with beans and cheese (hexa) synned butter and a mahoosive pile of roasted peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and chantenay carrots.

Now THATS how to loose weight...oosh!!!

Dinner dinner...batman

Am I the only one who still routinely says this?

Apparently yes.

Anyway tonight's was yummy with capital mmm

Roast chicken breast, jacket potato with beans and cheese (hexa) synned butter and a mahoosive pile of roasted peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and chantenay carrots.

Now THATS how to loose weight...oosh!!!
You knows itttttttttt !!!!! X

Haha! Clearly Paul does the batman thing too!!! Love it!!!

It's a sad day

At 3.30pm we have a vets appointment to have my 13 year old chihuahua put to sleep. She is old and recently we discovered that the limping that we though was mild arthritis was either a stroke or a brain tumor. My daughter is gutted and my husband too. It's going to be a hard day so if I can manage to not eat my emotions today then I can do it every day.

I had to look up Dinner dinner Batman.:rolleyes:

So sad when you have to put a pet to sleep. But in your heart you know it's the right thing to do. It's not nice seeing them suffer. Sometimes I wish we could do it to humans.

Oh poor thing.. Head up SAM x
Has for the Dinner Dinner Batman chant, I off my beloved for Valentine's Day had the complete Batman & Robin dvd box set with nearly 200 episodes on it and hours of out takes ... It's brilliant ... Reminds me of being young and innocent again, oh and thin !!!! Xx

JVBP! How the devil be you?

Well in one word "fatter"!
Loads been going on - ridiculous I cannot PM you...
Short version is very stressful job, frozen shoulder and daughter who needs a hip replacement. So left work, gone on the bank staff, having physio (myself) and waiting for her op so I can be nurse. The doctor referred me to WW for free for 12 weeks and I'm ashamed to say I could not get my head around it at all (why couldn't it have been SW!)

Physio tells me he can refer me to local gym under the Active Lifestyle Referral and I really need to get back on SW as my eldest daughter is getting married this year and as MOTB I need to look presentable! LOL. Coming back here makes me feel like I have taken that first step. I see the physio on Thursday and maybe I can start SW and gym next week. Should be interesting as not been able to get my arm up for months!

Lots going on for you too. New addition to the family, which is lovely news and some time away from work so at least you can get your head around SW and it will be easier if you are at home. And so sorry to hear about your awful appointment at the vets later with your Chihuahua. They become part of the family and so I know it's going to be hard to say goodbye. So, so sad but you must stay strong especially for your daughter who is much older now and understands what's going on.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your pet. It's never nice losing a part of your family.

I hope things pick up on here as there's only a couple of people I actually 'talk' to nowadays.
I'm contemplating doing the scan bran challenge again

Ooh ooh join my thread in teams and challenges! I'm thinking that we may attract more if people who don't know me don't think I am some lonely bran obsessed weirdo!!

Thanks for the messages everyone xxxx
It was one of the hardest things I have had to do. One good thing about having young children is you don't get much time to yourself to think. Of course that's one of the worst too!

It's 4.00 am.

Well 3.58

Just that. Nothing else

I wish!!!

On the upside I lost 8lb this week. Get in!! :)

Scan bran challenge starts today!!!

I know the first week is always a biggie but I'll take it!! :)

Yes let's do it. At the end of the day we are the forum so we need to busy it up a bit!! Xx

Back