Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Had the most amazing organic spelt, wild mushroom risotto for dinner tonight - produced locally to here (I'm at my sister's in Somerset) but happily available from a farm shop nearer home :D it's well worth a look - Sharpham Park is the name of the producers and they do lots of other spelt products too :)

Hi Sam, I told you I had subscribed to your thread but it's taken a while to read it all! There have been some good giggles and insights along the way, and I hope things are going well as you mull over your future job options. The WWASPE bracelet is a permanent fixture and a useful reminder at the moment as I'm still finding my way into Slimming World.

As for some of the recent discussions with the other lovely ladies on here, I too loved Enid Blyton books and I'm sad to learn that they've been 'updated' or sanitised for today's readers, and I love smelly candles; my favourites are the WoodWick ones that make the crackling sound of a fire as they burn.

TMI alert Girls, but I have to share lol ...the Spelt has been an amazing find :D In addition to the spelt risotto, I also ate spelt porridge while away, and my sister sent me home with the rest of the box. By Tuesday it had completely sorted out my constipation issues! Now nothing else has worked in that respect - not scan bran, not prunes, not laxatives (I was having to take 5+ Dulcolax in a day, just to go once a week) but it's now been 5 whole days of normal :bliss:

AND it's organic, tastes great, is really filling and (being lower in calories) I can have 40g a day. Amazing stuff!!

TMI alert Girls, but I have to share lol ...the Spelt has been an amazing find :D In addition to the spelt risotto, I also ate spelt porridge while away, and my sister sent me home with the rest of the box. By Tuesday it had completely sorted out my constipation issues! Now nothing else has worked in that respect - not scan bran, not prunes, not laxatives (I was having to take 5+ Dulcolax in a day, just to go once a week) but it's now been 5 whole days of normal :bliss:

AND it's organic, tastes great, is really filling and (being lower in calories) I can have 40g a day. Amazing stuff!!

Oh thanks for that, OH is on co-codomol & apparently they cause constipation which he is suffering with at the mo, dulcolax didn't work. What does it taste like?

It's a much rougher texture than normal porridge and looks like sawdust lol, but it has a lovely nuttyish taste (I have it well sweetened and add cinnamon, but then I add cinnamon to just about everything from my coffee to ragouts lol). It does need cooking for a little longer than ordinary porridge to release the starches.

My sister has it mixed half and half with normal porridge oats, which is nice, but I'm hardcore ;)

Oh and you can buy it in Waitrose ... and there is a 'find a supplier' search on the Farm's website for farm shops etc that stock their products :) I wanted a specific risotto flavour that our local farm shop didn't have, which is why I ordered directly from the farm.

Ooooh, Ooooh and I forgot! I had sourdough bread over the weekend (didn't touch the spelt bread because I wanted to test the sourdough out without any question marks hanging over it) ... anyway, not only was it divine having toast for the first time in 15 months, I had no bloating or stomach problems from it at all :)

It's a much rougher texture than normal porridge and looks like sawdust lol, but it has a lovely nuttyish taste (I have it well sweetened and add cinnamon, but then I add cinnamon to just about everything from my coffee to ragouts lol). It does need cooking for a little longer than ordinary porridge to release the starches.

My sister has it mixed half and half with normal porridge oats, which is nice, but I'm hardcore ;)

Oh and you can buy it in Waitrose ... and there is a 'find a supplier' search on the Farm's website for farm shops etc that stock their products :) I wanted a specific risotto flavour that our local farm shop didn't have, which is why I ordered directly from the farm.

Thanks, thats really helpful.

Hi Everyone.

So **deep breath** I have come crawling back. I got knocked up for the second time and everything went to the wall. Well...my thighs.

I TOLD my husband...no, no more babies. Fast forward 18months and I'm writing this with 7 week old baby boy strapped to me in a sling. Slightly parasitic but anyway....

I'm told breastfeeding uses 500kcal a day so I'm all "sod Zumba and whack him on"

I put on a disgusting amount of weight on whilst pregnant. I'm just one of those women who do and it's all bottom half and bingo wings. Urgh. I miss my Levi's :0 so I'm here to reclaim them with your help. So HELP ME!!

I hope to see some old friends , make some new ones and to join a few challenges as you guys were such a big part of my journey last time.

So here I go......

Sam xx

Deleting badges

My goodness this forum is fancier than I remember and I am trying to work my way around it!!

Now THAT was depressing. I just deleted all my signature badges right through from club ten to 5 stone. Sad face. SAD FACE!!!!!

Nice to see you back
Congratulations on the birth of your little boy. I hope your daughter is enjoying being a big sister.
You did really well last time so I'm sure you'll do great.

Back