Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I'll scout the website later and see if it's worth a trip in the hols. Will have to wait until I'm not spending every moment I can with my ec papers!! Booo!!

And don't forget to look at dates. I picked up some Knorr Peppercorn Flavour pots. Forgot to look at date and it was May 2016. I will still use it.

Obviously there is more in store than online.

I have 3 more weeks to work before I break up. :-(

Ah I'm glad you agree @craftermary I was worried I'd sound snobbish! The one here is full of bargains to be had but second that you need to check prices and dates.
Price wise it reminds me of the £1shop in some ways- you pick it up thinking 'Oh great it's only a quid' but when you actually think about it, it might be something that you normally pay 60p for. So worth being mindful.
Weather is shocking here too @lickthelid the rain is incessant and my chickens are sick of it. Hopefully it will brighten later in the week.
I'm just heading into my busiest time of year, the culmination of three years of work, writing up my PhD :eek: I'm due to submit at the end of Sept, so bar a week in Cornwall, I will be writing like a madwoman lol. Have you any official hols planned Sam?

So will you be Dr Rosie Pops? ;)

It sounds very busy but at least you have a week away to look forward to :) Cornwall will be lovely if the sun is shining. Just not too much clotted cream!

We are going to center parcs this year again. This is year 4. It's silly expensive for what it is but it suits us and we like it whilst the littlies are, well, little :)

I ate my remaining curry for lunch. It was even better the second day I have to say. I'm totally converted

I may venture up to B&m. According to their website they do nappies

I will indeed be Dr Rosie Pops when I have finished.. if I pass :eek:
You've got to have clotted cream every day in Cornwall- t'is the law you see ;) I'm looking forward to the break already!
Centre Parcs sounds great, I've always fancied it & will probably be hol of choice when littlies come along. There looks to be so much to do!

Will you change your username? ;) Shame about the mayflower. You have an excuse to go again!

Center parcs is good in that it's incredibly safe, clean and, depending upon which you visit has a lovely woodland feel. Our favourite is longleat because the safari is over the road!

Will you change your username? ;) Shame about the mayflower. You have an excuse to go again!

Center parcs is good in that it's incredibly safe, clean and, depending upon which you visit has a lovely woodland feel. Our favourite is longleat because the safari is over the road!

Another major vote for Center Parcs here. We are going in February for our anniversary and up until last year my family and me went around twice a year to their site in Cumbria. Amazing- nowhere like it :)

@lickthelid i have no idea how we cope in Harrogate :/ there's an Asda and Waitrose in 5 mins of my flat so that's a bonus but still! Cheaper food please!!!

Have you had a good week?

Ruth
X

I always find they taste better the day after thats why I try and save some for the following day's lunch. The spices and juices infuse when you leave it overnight.
I'm having spag bog tonight and have made enough for tomorrow.:)

I'm a big fan of left over lunches! There is little that cant be improved with an overnight stay in the fridge. Except fried eggs. Or cheese on toast

ahh another convert. What's the one in Cumbria again? We have done longleat and the shiny new one in Woburn but it's a lot smaller than the others! Suits us with a baby again this year though. Next year it's looking like longleat again, this time with friends as a bigger group :)

ahh another convert. What's the one in Cumbria again? We have done longleat and the shiny new one in Woburn but it's a lot smaller than the others! Suits us with a baby again this year though. Next year it's looking like longleat again, this time with friends as a bigger group :)

The one in Cumbria is Whinfell and it's lovely- it used to be an Oasis before Center Parcs bought it! We did longleat years ago and love Elveden and Nottingham too. All so fab, particularly in a big group!

Ruth
X

I've heard good things about Elvedon in particular. Maybe I'll schedule for another year!!

I reckon it's worth it if you can build it in :)

Ahh thanks guys! :) I'll let you know

Also @Trefoil I'm loving the new profile pic Ruth, looking rather lovely my dear! X

Back