Lickthelid's mini scan bran challenge week!

I got my 2 month instalment of scan bran today. Haha. The box was mahoosive! I'm worried about a gain or STS this week though. I posted on the main forum about it and it's made all the worse by the fact that its for no good reason at all. Gutted. I think that my three good losses in a row is causing my body to hang on to everything for dear life. Damn you body!! Wi tomorrow so we will see :-/

It's funny you should say that as I was 100% on plan after my pizza blip last Thursday up until yesterday when I weighed myself and found I had gained a pound. Was gutted so ended up having 3 bars of dairy milk to console myself :-/ You never know, your weight could just suddenly drop tomorrow, I've come to learn that our bodies are strange and often frustrating things!...I'm hoping my dodgy week is because of my 12 weekly contraceptive jab being due tomorrow and it could be a hormone thing so desperately trying to keep myself on track and hoping for a good loss next week.

2 months worth of scan bran! I can't imagine how big that box must have been lol. How much did it cost you by the way? I've had scan bran 3 times this week so will up that as of tomorrow. WI day is a fresh start lol.

It doesn't quite cover 2 months but I opted for 2 lots of ten packets every two months. So essentially 40 consecutive days. If I mix it up with some rye it should cover until my next delivery. It was £25 the lot so just over £1 a packet or 50p a day :)

Wow, that's a lot of scan bran but it seems the most cost effective way to buy it. I'll admit now, I've only eaten scan bran once this week and I've been fighting the urge to binge :( I've given in and bought myself a bar of dairy milk for after weigh in but it's going to cost me 32 syns ouch! This is my compromise to keep me on plan. It has worked as I've resisted 15, yes 15 boxes of chocolates at work. (I love the generosity of patients but ahhhhhh, it's a test of my will power) I've saved 5 syns a day from Monday plus the 15 from tomorrow so I'm hoping I won't do too much damage.

That's will power!!! Enjoy the chocolate!! I recently discovered the miser-Roth dark chocolate with orange and almond in aldi. Omg its amazing and is wrapped in 5 individual bars at 7 syns each. Perfect for me as cooking normally uses 3-5 syns so it fits right in ;-)

Just popping in to say I am still here and sticking the the challenge, having scanbran daily with VLF soft cheese for my "supper", apart from on Sunday night after a meal out for my BF birthday and I don't think even scan bran could have saved the day there (it is down as a flexi syn day - but boy the strawberry cheesecake sundae was worth it)

However am going to have a problem, I have 2.5 packs left and my next subscribe and save delivery from Amazon is not due to the 20th, think I am going to need to buy a one off delivery.

Yes I found that happened to me. I'm thinking that if my subscription runs out before next del date I'm going to supplement with rye bread or get me down to holland and Barrett! What's your subscription set up? I have 2 cases of ten every 2 months! Feels crazy to have a food subscription!!

I set it up for one pack every 2 months initially as I was only using them for cakes now and then but now upped it to one every month. Thinking of getting a one off packet now which should give me extra for when the next lot runs out.

I have some other bits on subscribe and save - coffee pods and cat food, the former I can not get the ones I like in my Tesco and the latter seems to be cheaper.

I lost 2 lbs this week and I've only eaten scan bran once. I'm sure it helped to boost my loss the first week but I'm now, not convinced eating it all of the time boosts weight loss long term. I'm back on it this week though, in combination with mainly red days.

I have come to a similar conclusion. Although (and I posted this on the main forum) my conclusion is more that overuse long term has the OPPOSITE effect to what we experienced. I ended up having to take a laxative last night (giving myself awful cramp) and I'm fairly sure that that's what contributed to my 2lb gain this week. Because it's gone....just like that. I won't record it until next week though now as I'm religiously following the rules. I was drinking pint after pint of water too and it made no difference. I'm thinking of winding it down to alternate days and either having the rye bread or using my oil as my HEXB.

I'm sorry to here about your gain but at least you've figured out why. I think alternating scan bran days sounds like a good idea as hopefully your body will have time to digest and expel it:)

I've decided to have a half-arsed go at this scan bran challenge - I don't think my wallet or my digestive system can handle 5 scan bran a day, so I'm going to try for 2.

I couldn't chew them at all, my teeth are absolutely rubbish, so I've ground them up, and yesterday I mixed them into some Muller light. Didn't taste too bad. Will give them a go in curries and maybe soups (I need to get a blender) and will report back to see how that goes! I'm not keen on baking any of the scan bran cakes, I don't trust myself not to eat the whole thing in one go.

Not expecting magic results on the scales from just eating 2 a day, but they did keep me full for quite a while so they might help a bit. Will update on Thursday when I get weighed!

I've decided to have a half-arsed go at this scan bran challenge - I don't think my wallet or my digestive system can handle 5 scan bran a day, so I'm going to try for 2.

I couldn't chew them at all, my teeth are absolutely rubbish, so I've ground them up, and yesterday I mixed them into some Muller light. Didn't taste too bad. Will give them a go in curries and maybe soups (I need to get a blender) and will report back to see how that goes! I'm not keen on baking any of the scan bran cakes, I don't trust myself not to eat the whole thing in one go.

Not expecting magic results on the scales from just eating 2 a day, but they did keep me full for quite a while so they might help a bit. Will update on Thursday when I get weighed!

oh I DO eat the whole cake. When you think about the constituent ingredients it's just the recommended 5 scan bran, 2 eggs, some sweetener and a muller. I know there are variations that use more but tbh this is smaller and manageable!!

Lost 2lb this week so happy with that. Decided not to get another pack from Amazon before my S&S delivery next week so will be having them every couple of days till that arrives.

Well done that's fab!!

Ah, I was looking at some of the more complicated recipes with more syns than that. Fair enough!

Scan bran challenge abandoned early - two a day were making me really, really constipated. I've doubled the recommended dose of laxatives for two days now and still nothing - I think it's just more fibre than my body knows what to do with! Never mind, it was worth a go.

At least you tried :) Why not try some superspeed foods to try and see if that helps to shift things along a bit and keep your fluid intake up as well?

It was worth a try. I have found knocking it down to alternate days has made a difference. It has time to be properly digested and do its "job" haha. Also I find that cooking with it has better results than eating it raw. Maybe because to make pizza base or scan bran cake involves soaking it so it already has absorbed some moisture. Maybe this helps it to go through better than if its eaten with just some laughing cow or similar. I am now pretty happy with rye bread on my alternate days. I may try another week of all scan bran in a couple of weeks.

Right!

Who is on board for a challenge week starting 4th Nov?

The challenge is simple. 5 scan bran a day (your HEXB or synned at 1 syn each if you prefer) for 7 days. Plus lots of fluid (this is essential otherwise you may find your body struggling with the massive hit of fibre)

and that's it! You can eat it how you like, raw, topped, pizza bases, cake, crumbled into things or ground into flour to coat things with.

According to Sw lore you are pretty much guaranteed at least a 2lb loss and previously we found it to be the case BUT you do need time off from it for your system to 'recover' as it slows and I personally found that alternate days or when it was convenient kept things ticking over. I'm ready for another fibre onslaught though!!!

Back