Lidl - silicone bakeware

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Just thought I would let you all know that Lidl have the silicone bakeware in this week at £2.99 per item. Went yesterday and bought some and they are lovely. Little cake tin with a rose design on them, little cake tins for doing cakes with a hole in the middle (just right for a nice bit of filling), they do a big one like that to with would be great for jelly etc too, and the ordinary cake tin and loaf tin etc.
Going to try the rose tin out today and see how the design comes out so will let you know. Saw the large one on the internet with the rose design and it was £15+, thought that was expensive but I can have 6 little ones for £2.99 - bargain!.xxxxx

Sorry, Charlottgrace1, I'd just posted on CornishPisky's thread with more details!!!

It looks really odd having 2 silicone bakeware threads together, but maybe more people will see it this way!

It's such a good offer, I think I'll put a note on the "Bargains" thread - if you've not beaten me!

I tried out the bakeware yesturday, made cakes in the rose tins and the ones with the hole in the middle and they were fantastic. I was really pleased with the rose design ones, they didn't look brilliant when they came out the mould but a little dusting of iceing sugar brought out the rose design a treat and they looked very profesional. Cann't wait to try a jelly or mouse in them now.
Anyone using them for the first time though, please be aware that you made need to adjust the cooking time slightly to an ordinary metal tin. I have found that little cakes need a few mins less and a large cake a few mins more, so just keep your eye on it.

B&M bargains had some Silicone bakeware in store last week and it was cheaper than Lidl. Check it out!

Back