Life after the bump!

swanjack

Hi all

Im a newbie chubby welshman! Ill give you a bit of an intro... Ive been on a bit of a slow diet over the past year. In November last year I was at my personal worst - weighing in at 21 stone. Im 23 now and since March this year Ive been very committed to losing the weight.

For the first few months I cut all fatty foods, take aways and comfort foods out. It was easier at first, but Im now back on a "eat what I like but dont take the mickey and eat the whole packet" sort of diet. It works for me and I am still losing weight consistently.

I joined the gym in May for the first time in my life. Literally, Id spent 22 years of my life doing nothing - then I start excercising 3 days a week so naturally Ive started burning a lot of excess fat. Using this method, Im sitting around the 16 stone 4 mark which isnt budging because of the muscle I am building in fat's place.

Ive still got a fair bit of chub on me and Im now discovering old stretch marks on the bottom of my stomach, the creases of my arms around around my armpits/chest. Im planning to maintain a diet and gym work until I get to my target flat stomach by xmas this year!!

My question is this: Having been a great deal bigger, getting a flat stomach with stretch marks and saggy skin scares the life out of me. Does anyone know of any tips on toning my skin in advance of getting to my goal? Im hoping to tone up as Im losing weight so its gradual.

And this may be a stupid question - but is there anything I can do about the stretchmarks I have?

Sorry its long winded... I cant do brief lol :) any tips would appreciated.

Other than Bio Oil and maybe surgery I don't think there is a lot you can do about the skin sorry.

Bio Oil should help fade the stretch marks though.

Congrats on the loss. I know the thoughts of saggy skin and stetchmarks is depressing, but really its wayyyyyyy better than the chub lol. My tummy is hideous despite my doing a lot of exercise, but to be fair I have had 2 babies so it could be as much down to that anyway!

The bio oil is good advice, it def helps. At the end of the day theres no way of knowing if you will have this prob until the time comes, all you can do in the meantime is plenty of exercise, with loads of tummy toning stuff - the gym ball is great for this. Perhaps someone at the gym could show you stuff.

Good luck

Nicola

Back