Life begins at 40, maintaining with SW for Life -Green days & some EE/Red photos inc

Great news that you can say your scales looked good this morning Jaffa...you must be smiling! :D

Funny thing about food groups...Joseph was actually tested for lactose intolerance in Spain and they said he didn't have a problem! It was utter rubbish! He's awful if he tries to have any.
I've never been tested but just have 'local' reactions which make me miserable as I've often said. I have discussed it with the doctor when it's got out of hand and he seems to take it at face value. Maybe testing wouldn't show it either?

Will see what the official scales say later

I don't even know if tests show up intolerances

Hubby was diagnosed as Coeliac initially with blood tests then by a biopsy of his gut.

A few years later he was tested for lactose intolerance, which I think was just blood tests.

I've had the blood test for coeliac and it was negative
Then I was told to avoid lactose but I have no idea if I've actually been tested for it due to all the blood tests and other stuff I've had

Coeliac is completely different though that's not an intolerance that's a very serious chronic auto immune disease

I think we can be borderline with some conditions and that's why they don't show on what they see as standard readings.

I have hypothyroidism but when they test they don't do the full panel so the readings can show an imbalance which isn't correct for me. Last time they changed my med I felt really ill for a few days until I got it changed back again. Was supposed to be retested at beginning of year but so far no ones noticed and as I feel fine I'm keeping stum!

Oh I'm not weighing next week as I'm going out for lunch with my mum next Tuesday after the hospital and probably coffee and cake as well plus me and my husband will have a meal out as we havent been out for a couple of weeks

so my next weigh will either be 2 or 3 weeks today

I too am delighted I was back at target yesterday, although did overeat a little last night! Oh well I can sort it! :cool:

Back