LIFE CHANGING!!! 6 stone lost & maintained 1year on

Nikki-G

Hi all! Wow I haven't been on here for a long time! I have just done a week of LT TFR after being off it for a year & it's prompted me to come on here & see how people are getting on. Also, tell my story for anyone struggling & hope that it spurs you on!

I started Lipotrim in January 2012. My start weight was 14st 13lb. I am 4ft 11 inches and it just needed to end. I was always an outgoing, flirty, confident teenager and I shamefully just stopped looking after my body after I had my son at 17. In fact, before I had him, I never needed to watch what I ate & I was out dancing 5 nights a week so never knew what it was to have weight issues. All of a sudden I've got from a size 10 to wearing tips from Evans as big as size 32. I was sceptical about the diet, had no idea if I could do it or not. I heaved and threw up the first shake I had, then quickly learned I liked the chocolate and chicken soup only. I had just these 2 sachets for 5 & a half months! And it felt like a matter of weeks. My first loss was 5.5lb after a full week of 100% I made the mistake of looking at others losses & hoping for more, still, slightly disheartened I carried on. After a couple of weeks went by, clothes were getting baggy and seeing my face change & liking what I saw kept me going and I was excited for weigh in each week. Time honestly flew. I was losing more than a stone a month, some weeks I lost 2lb...some weeks 6lb, it was so unpredictable. Always stuck to 100% I stopped the diet in mid July at an end weight of 8st 12. I wasn't ready to stop but I had to refeed before a holiday. My plan was to get straight back into it when I returned home. I didn't manage this. I just lost focus as I knew I felt good enough and didn't have as much to lose. My Christmas I'd been swinging between 9 & 10stone. After Christmas the scales said over 10 stone & I got scared if soon be back where I started. I attempted of a number of times to get rid if that stone if gained. Couldn't do it, kept failing & felt awful for it. Tried other ways but nothing was as doable as the first time I succeeded with it. I did get down to 9.1 at one point but then it crept back Jo to 9.7 in a matter if weeks. I had this Girly weekend away coming up and wanted to wear the clothes I'd dreamed of...so I got focused and made myself get the the first few days of my latest LT attempt. This was just last week, started on the Monday and could feel a massive difference already by the Wednesday (I feel a lot of it is in my head!) weighed myself on the Friday & was absolutely go smacked. I've lost 6.6lb in less than a week and my holiday clothes actually feel great and I'm wearing them with so much confidence (I've not actually gone away yet...I just LOVE trying my new stuff on!)

In may last year, I finally got the confidence, self worth & independence to end my relationship with my sons father who I'd stupidly let cheat, disrespect, starve me and our son of love and attention for far too long. Some people may say its shallow of me to lose weight & leave him...making up their own reasons for me making the decision to leave. The pain I went through for 8 years was visible to all close to me and I've never felt so loved and respected by so many people who saw me get the balls to choose a better life for me and my boy. I knew I now had the happiness to be alone with him and enjoy every minute of him without any depressing shadows hanging over me. I knew I had to do it sooner or later and it always will have happened eventually- but i definitely have the weight loss to thank for changing heart and enabling me to like myself enough to see that I can choose to be happy. And I did

Give it a good, proper go. Keep yourself so busy the first few days especially and before you know it, you'll be giddy for weigh ins & feeling driven my the difference in your reflection.xxx

Wow! What an inspiration. That is some achievement and you should be so proud of yourself! I'm on day 8 and have 4 stone to lose at least if not more. First weigh in at day 6 was -8.5lbs starting weight was 17 stone 6lbs. I'm desperately trying to lose the weight so I can play with my toddler and not feel like I have to hide away indoors and cover up. I started comfort eating when I lost my father aged 17 and have struggled with my weight since then although its only recently that I've ballooned up to size 20 and over 17 stone. Stories like yours give me the strength and motivation to continue. Thank you for posting x

good for you Nikki.
you've not just changed your life - you're doing it for your son too.
Thx for the inspiration :)

Well done Nikki! I'm on day 5 and have my first weigh-in tonight, I'm seriously hanging for a carb-fix but after reading your post I'm gonna stick it out. Thank you and keep it up! :)

Such a wonderful story . I'm on day five now and feel good. I haven't experienced any side effects at. I really must be one of the lucky ones .

Congrats Nikki on such an achievement, your story is inspirational!!

Thanks guys. I am so proud & can't put into words how happy I am . Please please all keep it up, I PROMISE it gets easier and then it's over before you know it & you're a new sexier person! Ooh...I must try & get some before & after pics. I may have destroyed all of the before ones! Hope you're all doing well? Let me know!xxxx

This is fantastic to read - you should be so proud of yourself. A major achievement.

All the best and enjoy your holiday!!

Thought I'd add some before & after pics, apologies, the before ones aren't the best but I'll get the real ones off he hard drive & upload them soon!x

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377034926.862463.jpg

Wow! Wow! Wow!

What a lovely story!! And you look amazing!!! I'm starting Thursday- again!! You've made me actually quite looking forward to it after seeing your transformation.

Amazing! You should be so proud

Xxx

You look gorgeous, well done you should be so proud of yourself x

Thanks guys

It is hard, comes back on really easily. I put over a stone back on in a matter of weeks after I finished. I didn't refeed properly, I can't advise strongly enough how important that is. Follow every step & don't rush it. I'm maintaining around 9stone now but I've completely changed my lifestyle. My diet is the biggest change. Clean healthy eating. Can't explain how much it's worth it though. Happiness = priceless!xx

You going really well. I am maintaining just 6 weeks yet and you are very right - its not easy some days, actually I do clean lean diet aswell. Good luck on your maintainance:553:

Re: LIFE CHANGING!!! 6 stone lost & maintained 1year on

Life changing is right girl you look a million dollars and well done hope to take tips from you if I wobble I'm in it for the long haul to but if I come out looking in fit shape like you have be very happy :):thumbup:

Back