Life has to get better

MarianH

I need to write a diary of this as I need to keep encouraging myself to keep going when life tries to thwart me.

I casually restarted WW on January 6th. I say casually because I saw I could get most of the fees back, so figured it was worth it for a couple of pounds. I don't even know if I intended to do it properly.

I put on 3st last year (and I was already overweight), and battling depression and anxiety, life has been in turmoil. My daughter has cancer - leukaemia - she was diagnosed last January and she still has a year of treatment to go. It has been really, really tough and I freely admit that I have eaten my emotions about it all rather than crying and sharing. It's not a healthy way to handle things; getting even heavier has just made me feel even more rubbish.

Since my flippant restart, I've actually managed to get into it properly. I've made a combination attack by using Paul McKenna's CD on an evening, combined with pointing and getting some exercise. I'm down 1st so far with another 3 and a half to go.

We have had a few scares recently and these throw me very much off balance. They make me want to eat. This is why I thought writing here might help me to focus on something else. This is me venting.

I also agreed to try to restart work next week after over a year off. Financially, we need me to work, and daughter is at a stage where she can do partial school hours. I said I would before her last funny turn, and I'm going to have a go. We need the money and I need the change. I'm not sure how well it will go, I just need to get through next week without hitting the biscuits.

I'm going to get my hair coloured today. I look so haggard at the moment. I thought it might make me feel a bit better about myself.

Tough times. As my title says, it HAS to get better.

Managed to get my hair cut and coloured so I look a bit more human for going back to work. I've lost a stone so far so it's going to make my work clothes fit much better.

Daughter's counts are still low, but she has restarted chemotherapy, so she is very vulnerable to infection. I am worried about how we will get on next week in our attempt to get back to normal.

The main thing I have to do is, whatever happens, keep pointing and keep going. Being fat does not help my mental state in any way.

3.5st to go. A good day yesterday.

hi MarianH sorry to hear about ur daughter x it must be very tough for you and hard to stay on plan at times so u have done really well to lose a stone, i hope having ur hair done made you feel better about urself, keep writing ur diary i will pop in and see how ur doing xx

Thanks so much Valerie :).

I've lost another few pounds, and am feeling a bit better.

Daughter has a liver disease of some kind now too so we are awaiting a biopsy of it to determine what's going on. I'm trying not to go bonkers with food, although I did overeat chocolate yesterday. It was within my weekly points, but I felt sad as I know why I'm doing it and it won't help anything.

I'm trying to work up to exercise this evening. All I feel at the moment is tired, but it has been a rollercoaster day today. I might still let myself off tonight, but if I do, I definitely need to do something tomorrow.

Hi hun ur doing really well x its so easy to pig out under stress but it doesnt make us feel any better when we do it does it , actually its the oposite makes us feel even worse, try & keep ur chin up take care love val xx

Back