Life is a Rollercoaster...it really is

alexmummy07

Silver Member
Hi All

I lost 7 stone a few years back with Cambridge, and put a fair bit of it back on when pregnant with my son.

I have had a rocky 18 months, which hasn't helped. My mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, she had 8 rounds of Chemotherapy, Mastectomy and Radiotherapy, and we thought she had beaten it.
Sadly in January, it came back with avengance on her lungs, and we lost her to the horrible disease on the 19th Feb.
Lots else has happened recently too, but I am trying to slowly take control of the one thing 'I can', which is my weight.
I also suffer from PCOS, so tend to lose weight slower than I maybe should.

Week 1 however is completed and I lost 10.2lbs which I am very happy with.

I just need this diary as somewhere to rant, and get out some of my feelings, as my head is full of so much right now.

AM x

Hi AM, welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss but glad it's spurred you on to doing something positive for yourself again.

How long did you keep the weight off after Cambridge? That's a lot of weight to lose and keep off. I lost 5 stone on Lighter Life but it didnt stay off for long sadly and I'd put back 7 stone within a year.

Well done on your week 1 result, that's fantastic, keep going and you'll be back where you want to be in no time.

Hi AM, welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss but glad it's spurred you on to doing something positive for yourself again.

How long did you keep the weight off after Cambridge? That's a lot of weight to lose and keep off. I lost 5 stone on Lighter Life but it didnt stay off for long sadly and I'd put back 7 stone within a year.

Well done on your week 1 result, that's fantastic, keep going and you'll be back where you want to be in no time.

Hi Jael

I kept the weight off until I was pregnant with my 2nd baby, so 3 years. I knew when it would happen too, which is a shame, but my children are worth it.

Day 3 of week 2 today, and seem to be doing OK, just struggling a little with my water intake because I'm really not keen on the Exante Water Flavouring and I am terrible with plain water.
Will keep trying though.
Hoping to see a loss of 3-4 lbs this week, but we'll see...just got to keep plodding on.

AM xx

3 years is a fantastic amount of time to have kept the weight off, most people are like me and put it on almost straight away. And having kids is a genuine excuse for putting weight back on and nothing to be ashamed of.

I believe we can also use water flavourings from the other VLCD companies so the Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet ones. We're only supposed to use one portion of the Exante one per day as it contains carbs I think. I haven't tried them personally, I dont need them but I'm struggling today to drink all my water, I've not even finished 1 litre so far, as I've been working and when I get into the zone I forget to drink.

Hi AM

i just wanted to post and say sorry for the pain you've been through for the past few years. Well done on taking control of this area of your life. Like you, I lost my dad 2 years ago. He did not have a good death. I wish that I'd taken control of my eating much sooner, but I munched and drank the anguish away. I think what your doing shows what a strong woman you are. Your mum would be proud.xx

Thanks both of you. I'm sorry to hear of your loss too QuirkyGirl.

I didn't know we were limited to the amount of flavouring...woops! I will have to correct that as the week goes on.
I will have to see if I can get hold of any of the other water flavourings, as that may help. I'm about a litre down so far today, just got to keep it up.

My little boy (eldest) is off on a school trip today, so keeping busy with the little one, and off out to one of his classes soon.
Trying to wish the days away to get to each next weigh in, as I know that really spurs me on more. Proud to say (aside from maybe too much water flavouring) I have been 100%.

Right, off to sort lunch for the littlest - have stew cooking for everyone tonight...will be looking forward to that myself in a few months to come. x

Hello AM :)

So very sorry for your loss and painful recent months xxx

3 years is a great amount to have kept the weight off, Very inspiring for those of us who worry about maintaining :) You will no doubt reach your goal, and I look forward to following your journey there xx

Hi All

It's been a tough weekend. I shouldn't really have weighed myself in the week as it's put my head into doubt. I know I can do this if I just put my head into it.
On the plus side, I've started my 5k training, so hopefully I'll keep losing inches too. We go away in August and I really want to be a good 4 1/2 stone down by then. I know it's all possible if I just keep going. I've felt really hungry this week for some reason though, so I have had a couple of slices of ham and a nibble of icing from the cupcakes my son made.
Much better than my normal eating, but just not quite 100%.
I've bought some lf cottage cheese for this week, if I need it.

Another litre of water to get through today and I'll be happy.

AM x

You've bought the cottage cheese so you know it's sitting there waiting for you and you're going to be more easily tempted into having it. I've found it's much better not to have anything in the house like that, even if it's good stuff, because you know that you'll say to yourself "oh just a little bit wont do any harm" and it's a slippery slope.

Back