Lifesavers Please!

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
Hi All,

I am in a serious rut... 16 months in, and 2 stone down, I have gained and lost the same 4lbs for months now... and I am tired of it.

I am tired of mullerlights, so tried activias... sick of them now..

I am surviving on Alpen Lights, French Fries (the crisps lol), Quavers and Curly Wurlies... bored of them all...

I can't seem to shake the rut, and I find bad habits are creeping back in, like not counting things, having a cheeky extra B choice on EE and 'forgetting' to count it, having Flexi Syn days for 2 or 3 days a week... and the cycle keeps crashing on.

I really, really want this, which is why I haven't given up, even though I know I am not in it 100% at the min...

So what I really want to know is, does anyone else feel like this, and if so... what are your lifesaving recipes / treats / snacks / quotes / inspiration... how do you just keep going, when you are totally sick of everything?!?!

Apologies for a change from my usual happy tone, just one of those days!!

Love to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I try to mix things up abit when it gets like this. I am not keen on mullerlights but love them frozen for a couple of hours.

Inspiration - I always look at ie Ellebear's thread in the inspirational photos section. That lady looks amazing and is my inspiration to keep going. Do I want to look like this? No, so I plod on. I know its hard, I have blips but I refuse to give in this time.

Read other peoples food diairies for new ideas? Mix the plan up abit ie do the odd red and green day?

Not much help am I? sorry x

Me Me ME :D

I have restarted again this week, I really did have to things were getting out of hand.

What I am trying to do is not have the crisps, choc etc instead I syn a meal, for example this morning I had avacado, lettuce, tom and bacon wrap for 7 syns. It was lush.

That way I still have my heb options for later on for when I need it.

I have never eaten yoghurt it's not my cup of tea. I do though make a traditional baked rice pudding using hea and sweetener or a baked egg custard using hea. This way i get a treat but it's not straight out of a packet.

I know it's hard believe me, but as I have said before SW is not for wimps :D

I try to mix things up abit when it gets like this. I am not keen on mullerlights but love them frozen for a couple of hours.

Inspiration - I always look at ie Ellebear's thread in the inspirational photos section. That lady looks amazing and is my inspiration to keep going. Do I want to look like this? No, so I plod on. I know its hard, I have blips but I refuse to give in this time.

Read other peoples food diairies for new ideas? Mix the plan up abit ie do the odd red and green day?

Not much help am I? sorry x

Just knowing there are others in my boat always helps!!

And EB will be chuffed with that, cos I know she is having a similar week as well. Thank you xxxxxx

Me Me ME :D

I have restarted again this week, I really did have to things were getting out of hand.

What I am trying to do is not have the crisps, choc etc instead I syn a meal, for example this morning I had avacado, lettuce, tom and bacon wrap for 7 syns. It was lush.

That way I still have my heb options for later on for when I need it.

I have never eaten yoghurt it's not my cup of tea. I do though make a traditional baked rice pudding using hea and sweetener or a baked egg custard using hea. This way i get a treat but it's not straight out of a packet.

I know it's hard believe me, but as I have said before SW is not for wimps :D

He he, its def not for wimps, and I need the tough love I think! :)

I think maybe a change in mindset re: syns in meals would help... I tend to try and keep my syns back and have free meals if poss, and then end up going over having snacks etc in the evenings.... food for thought, literally, so thank you xxxxxxx

Just knowing there are others in my boat always helps!!

And EB will be chuffed with that, cos I know she is having a similar week as well. Thank you xxxxxx

I cant tell you how many times I've given in in the past thinking I'll never be slim I'll always be fat may as well enjoy it. But bottom line - do I enjoy it - no I don't . I hate not being able to walk in a high street shop and buy a pair of jeans, trousers, a dress something that just fits lol

Do I want to live in leggings, black stretchy trousers, and tshirts for the rest of my life? - no.

Its things like this that keep me going this time. I spend hours reading recipes, getting ideas to try, so i can't get bored.

Its really hard but will be so worth it in the long run :)

YOU CAN DO THIS! we are all here to support you and give a shove back onto that wagon!

This could be me right now :( been on this diet for almost 7 months and have lost a stone.. Slow enough as it is without having moved between 10.10 and 10.13 for the past 2 months :(

It's so hard to keep slogging on, so u start to get lazy and not count drinks on a
Night out and that's enough for me to gain so I lose motivation yadda yadda yadda it's a viscous circle!

Sorry I've got nothing to offer you advice wise, but you're not in this alone -
We just gotta keep slogging on!

X

I think maybe a change in mindset re: syns in meals would help... I tend to try and keep my syns back and have free meals if poss, and then end up going over having snacks etc in the evenings.... food for thought, literally, so thank you xxxxxxx

I'm exactly the same hun! I can go all day without syns, but the minute I finish my dinner I just want to eat crap!! :( I've lost and gained the same 7lbs about 7 times now, I'm such a self sabotager, I am determined to do this though, I just need to stick at it!

Good luck

x

I look at my "fat" photos print them off and stick them on the fridge! Yuck enough to put me off food -

But not always so I have some meringue nests in the cupboard with fromais and fruit!!! Yum yum yum!!

Or punishment seems to work well for me! Something like a spin class usually does the trick lol!! Xx

Do you stay to group every week? Try a different group once in a while see what they have to say? Xxx

Thats a good point actually, I haven't stayed to class for a while, maybe its time I did!

I bought the 12 week countdown with the free book last night, so got some new ideas and a bit of focus... I STS last night, which I was quite pleased with... guess your good thoughts helped ;)

Its comformting to know so many of us "hit a wall" at some point, and as you all say, we just have to keep going... no more stretchy black trousers!!! xxxxxxxxx

Thats a good point actually, I haven't stayed to class for a while, maybe its time I did!

I bought the 12 week countdown with the free book last night, so got some new ideas and a bit of focus... I STS last night, which I was quite pleased with... guess your good thoughts helped ;)

Its comformting to know so many of us "hit a wall" at some point, and as you all say, we just have to keep going... no more stretchy black trousers!!! xxxxxxxxx

Well done on your positive attitude. Really proud of you.

I did smile muchly at the 'no more stretchy black trousers!!!' its all i've worn for so many years it will be such a treat to be able to buy some real trousers!

Mix the diet around abit, and let me know if any good new recipes as always interested to hear ones that are nice :)

Have you tried the pizza chicken? My lot love it but I didn't use the recipe from the magazine as they found the sauce for the top too rich so just used tomato puree (1/2 syn) italian herbs mixed into the puree, slices of pepper and cherry tomatoes, mozerella (HEXA) I cooked the chicken in foil and add the topping 10 mins before end of cooking after removing the foil. yum yum

Much love to JackieN for her lovely comment earlier in this thread.

MB - i need a perfect week (got class and my gain to deal with tonight)

I wonder if we could help each other?

I could do you a food plan to follow to the tee? if you tell me what food you have in - i could plan you a couple of food days - this would a) shake up your diary and b) be much fun!!!

I think the snacks you are using your syns on are an issue too - they are not low in syns, and will leave you feeling hungry - i think your sysn would be much better used in your main meals instead of snacks.

xxxx

Much love to JackieN for her lovely comment earlier in this thread.

MB - i need a perfect week (got class and my gain to deal with tonight)

I wonder if we could help each other?

I could do you a food plan to follow to the tee? if you tell me what food you have in - i could plan you a couple of food days - this would a) shake up your diary and b) be much fun!!!

I think the snacks you are using your syns on are an issue too - they are not low in syns, and will leave you feeling hungry - i think your sysn would be much better used in your main meals instead of snacks.

xxxx

That is a fab idea!!!!!!

I will get rooting in my cupboards tonight and send you what meat / veg / fruit etc I have in, and be as creative as you like, cos I am a whizz in the kitchen and will try anything (as will MrBird!).

Great idea!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is a fab idea!!!!!!

I will get rooting in my cupboards tonight and send you what meat / veg / fruit etc I have in, and be as creative as you like, cos I am a whizz in the kitchen and will try anything (as will MrBird!).

Great idea!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PM me and i will get on the case, i will plan a whole day - you pick the day and off we go! xxx

I have only been doing SW for a month but I have heard a few members say that when they hit a low that they stay to the talk that our group leader gives to new starters - apparently our enthusiasm and motivation is contagious!

Also, I have found in the past that I will often root around the cupboards looking for low syn treats when I need a chocolate fix, ultimately ending up eating more syns than if I had just had the damn Mars Bar in the first place! Now I keep a few 'proper' chocolate bars in the freezer and if I am really determined to have one I have to put some thought into it for an hour or so whilst it defrosts. Much more satisfying to know that I had the treat that I was after, it was counted and I didn't feel guilty for it!! (or I come to my senses and put it back!!)

I have picked up a few good lifesavers from this forum, one was banana, broken digestive biscuit and a toffee mullerlight - I know you said you were fed up of them but it really was yummy!

I hope you have managed to find your mojo this week xx

Back