Light bulb moment

Derbynanny

Gold Member
Today is a DD 3 weeks ago i tried my first DD convinced i would not make it through the day. (i did and slowly fell in love with this way of eating i fell free :)

Fast forward 3 weeks and so far I have had a 4.5 mile run, done the weeks shop, put lamb rogan josh in the slow cooker and a shepherds pie in the oven and after all that suddenly realised I had not had anything to eat yet !! It is a shock to me that although i still get hungry on DD's I know it will probably pass and i will not die if i wait a little longer for my food.

I have now sat down and had a lovley mug of homemade soup and I am going to have cherries and yog because i am going into town with a freind soon and do not want to be tempted by yummies .

Love love love Judddd and looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow and do not care how small the number is. I am close to my original target and for the first time in many years i feel like I could actually get lower and not feel deprived.

Teresa

It's so good to hear you so positive Hon. It is a wonderful way of eating, isn't it. Hope you have a lovely time with your friend. :)

The thing for me Tess is although I do not have a lot to lose I have struggled with my weight (and my relationship to food)forever and although i have got to target before I NEVER can maintain it because i restirct myself then start on the treats and the weight piles on.

I feel so calm and relaxed about the whole thing :)

Hope you are still doing well and most of all enjoying it

T x

The thing for me Tess is although I do not have a lot to lose I have struggled with my weight (and my relationship to food)forever and although i have got to target before I NEVER can maintain it because i restirct myself then start on the treats and the weight piles on.

I feel so calm and relaxed about the whole thing :)

Hope you are still doing well and most of all enjoying it

T x

Hon, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel the same way re my relationship to food. I can't remember ever not being on a diet, and I didn't want that to be passed onto my little daughter. I think this way of eating is so much more sustainable and I also definitely feel a lot calmer about food. I have about 6st to lose so it's going to take a while, but I'm not too worries as I'm planning to JUDDD until I get there one day.

Happy weekend! :D
Tess (ps - my name's actually Teresa too!)

Thats awesome - I'm only 5 days in but can see if definitely 'does' something to your brain - strange! I can't stick to any diet either, please lets hope juddd can save us!

Hon, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel the same way re my relationship to food. I can't remember ever not being on a diet, and I didn't want that to be passed onto my little daughter. I think this way of eating is so much more sustainable and I also definitely feel a lot calmer about food. I have about 6st to lose so it's going to take a while, but I'm not too worries as I'm planning to JUDDD until I get there one day.

Happy weekend! :D
Tess (ps - my name's actually Teresa too!)

This is me too, I was put on a calorie controlled diet for medical reasons at 9 1/2 yrs old until 12 yrs old. I have seen photos and I was not fat..but the /medics wanted me 'under weight' so I could have knee surgery & recovery...by the time I was allowed to eat 'normally' i had a terrible self body image & my relationship with food was terrible & thats the way its remained, and as my OH said recently I have managed to 'diet ON' seven stone in the last few years since age related problems started to kick in.
Now finally on this life style I have begun to feel confident about eating and weight loss... it really suits me..I love it

JillyCornwall said:
This is me too, I was put on a calorie controlled diet for medical reasons at 9 1/2 yrs old until 12 yrs old. I have seen photos and I was not fat..but the /medics wanted me 'under weight' so I could have knee surgery & recovery...by the time I was allowed to eat 'normally' i had a terrible self body image & my relationship with food was terrible & thats the way its remained, and as my OH said recently I have managed to 'diet ON' seven stone in the last few years since age related problems started to kick in.
Now finally on this life style I have begun to feel confident about eating and weight loss... it really suits me..I love it

Funny you say this, I'm only now back to my pre diet size in 2008. Dieting destroyed me mentally. Probably did my health no good, especially mental health. It's as important to look after you as it is your physical body.

I felt the ease of juddd from the very beginning. I'm still here and nearly into my 17th week, with over 2 stone down. Yay!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back