1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Light headedness

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Jo B, 28 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Jo B

Jo B Well-Known Member

Well, nearly 11 weeks in and I am starting to get the light headedness that people sometimes talk about. I didn't think I would be getting it yet as I am still a bit of a lump and nowhere near goal yet. Does it happen to most people? I don't think it's low blood pressure as mine has always been a bit on the high side and 3 weeks ago was fairly normal.
    Does anyone have any tips for it? I try not to leap up out of bed or anything like that, but, standing doing the ironing at the moment and feeling a bit woozy - it's very odd, one minute I feel fine and the next a slight wave of it

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Snorks

Snorks Well-Known Member

I've always had this, but it has been worse/more noticeable since starting LL. I think if I'm properly hydrated it happens less, and if I space out my packs it's better too but it still happens daily. The nurse at my surgery thinks my BP is a bit low but she says she can't really confidently say that because she can't get a decent reading.

To be honest, I've just accepted that it'll happen. I think some people have said that milk week helps, but I didn't do it so can't confirm or deny that.

4. Minerva

Minerva ...passing through.

The light-headedness can be dangerous if allowed to continue long term. You have Milk Week coming up on week 13, and I do urge you to do it properly... Everyone is affected differently by a VLCD, and no matter what LL head office actually say: please be careful.
    Make sure over the period of time that it's not getting worse; such as lethargy (weakness of muscle), lack of concentration, absent-mindedness, drifting off into daydreams...
    Be safe, follow the guidelines, and you should be ok. :)

Plus, with the extreme heat, you may very well be getting dehydrated easier. So up your water intake a little also.
    Could also be a touch of aenimia. When my OH and I were finishing LL after about 9 months, we found that we were both aenimic and lacking folic acid. See if you can perhaps get a little supplement pill for it: ask your LLC. :)