Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Lightbulb Moment!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lucy4loop, 27 August 2010 Social URL.

1. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I hadn't really stopped to consider yet what my new reaction to stressful situations is (rather than stuff face), but I've noticed today that I automatically reach for a glass of water! Now that's a definite improvement on automatically walking to the cupboard and eating random food, even though not hungry and not enjoying it:p Not having food in the equation has completely changed everything, in the best way. Now I do realise that that's all going to change when I hit RTM, but for now I'm glad I CAN cope. I've also found I can switch off cravings before they take hold, I'm not even letting myself go there!
    :D Happy Girl (wearing top I couldn't wear 4 weeks ago :D)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karamac

Karamac Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Bet you feel great, fitting into that top! You're so right, you know. We quickly change our automatic response to stress, don't we? I just want to run a bath now and lie in it with my book. Had a bad couple of weeks with my hubby's health and some of it was really scary. I just kept thinking that eating wouldn't help the situation at all, it would just make me feel bad. AND I'm wearing a pair of crop cargos that I couldn't fasten 4 weeks ago!!!

4. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Excellent, well done Karen! I know I wouldn't have adapted so well if I was only losing 1 or 2 lb a week. It's because I can see and feel this is working that I am confident I will not lapse. We can do it!!!

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Great thread Lucy. Well done that girl

6. Karamac

Karamac Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Hi Lucy - I'm going to choose the next item of clothing I want to get into. Have you done that? Got a pair of jeans which I can sort of get up but there's no way on earth they'll fasten (as opposed to another pair which will only come up to mid-thigh!!). Going to try them on again in another 4 weeks and see if they fasten. What's the next item you want to get into?!!

7. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    One item??! I have 2 binbags of lovely clothes waiting for me to wear them again! It seems I could never throw anything smaller away "I'll wear that again one day". I have even arranged them, largest sizes at the top so I don't miss anything on the way down! Next are two pairs of jeans (get them on but major muffin-top) and two lovely plaid shirts (bursting buttons) which I would like to be in soon! I shouldn't need to buy anything (apart from undies) until I'm at goal. At which point I will go wild!!! Within reason ;) Great fun :D

8. Karamac

Karamac Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Haha - I know what you mean. I have tons and tons of clothes which don't fit but I'm kind of focussing on my 'favourite' jeans in the next size down!! I also kept my size 22 jeans from before I did Lighter Life the first time and was horrified to see that I could actually wear them if I pulled the waist in with a belt. When I got to goal (and stupidly decided not to do RTM!) I could get the jeans on and off (over another pair of jeans!) without unfastening them. Oh well, at least I'm back again!!

9. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Lucy I'm just like you - have a wardrobe full of all sizes going from a size 20 down to a size 10! Nothing got thrown out as I always thought I'd get back in them some day - I know if I stick with LL that day will be some time this year :D

10. lucy4loop

lucy4loop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Too right AJB!!! We may be TOTALLY out of fashion, but at least we'll be slim, hehehe!!! And there will come a day when we will be a constant size-whatever, and then we can really shop :D

11. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Never thought I'd be grateful for gaining weight in a short space of time - all of my stuff is still fashionable and the classic pieces can be brought up to date with this season's accessories - sorted :D

12. tracyd

tracyd "I WILL DO THIS"

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    lighter life - maintaining now
    i bought a new (smart) jacket on saturday....size 14, it does fit me but is a tad too small, i decided to buy the 14 as i know hopefully in a few weeks it will fit me :)

13. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    Oh I have two wardrobes full of clothes that don't fit me but I have a pair of black jeans that I used to wear when I was at my slimmest (4 stone less than now). I cannot wait till I can fit in them again. I have kept them for all those years JUST as a reminder of how slim and gorgeous I was! They are one of the few items of clothing that survived a house fire 2 years ago. Now if that isn't a sign I was meant to wear them again I don't know what is...
    ;)

14. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Indeed! You've done it before so can do it again :D

15. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Yeah Magic
    When you wear those jeans again YOU will set the world on fire!
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.