Lighter Life to Cambridge Diet!

Jennie.c

Hi Everyone

This is my first week on Cambridge diet but previoususly did 10 weeks on lighter life and lost 2 stone but have had a 3 week break as i went on holiday.

I decided to change over to Cambridge as i was a bit fed up with the food packets and it Cambridge is £20 a week cheaper. I only have a stone to lose but struggling to get back into it.

I think having a holiday to look forward really helped keep me motivated, no one wants to feel porky on holiday. Time will tell whether Cambridge will be for me as you dont get the support of a group as you do on lighter life.

I can't wait till i reach my goal :)

Jennie.c said:
Hi Everyone

This is my first week on Cambridge diet but previoususly did 10 weeks on lighter life and lost 2 stone but have had a 3 week break as i went on holiday.

I decided to change over to Cambridge as i was a bit fed up with the food packets and it Cambridge is £20 a week cheaper. I only have a stone to lose but struggling to get back into it.

I think having a holiday to look forward really helped keep me motivated, no one wants to feel porky on holiday. Time will tell whether Cambridge will be for me as you dont get the support of a group as you do on lighter life.

I can't wait till i reach my goal :)

Hey jennie! Welcome to CD, I did lighter life a few years ago and lost 3 stone, but alas I put it nearly all back on :( I've lost 2 stone in 7 weeks on Cambridge, and although you don't have the counselling, for me I don't find it makes any difference. I don't need counselling this time around - I know why and what makes me put on weight, and l learned a lot from last time. Didn't stop me going back to old ways! However my grandma died, I came off LL and didn't do maintenance as I was planning to get back on it but never did. If you are in the right mind set then you will be fine with CD - if you want it enough you can do it. It's exactly the same mindset that you have to be in with LL, just you don't have the group counselling. I find this forum and having one to ones with my consultant is more than enough to keep me motivated, I've done it before and can do it again :) this forum really is great for motivation - I almost feel annoyed I spent so much on LL last time when I could have done CD all along! I feel like I'm doing better this time round even.
Well done on your weightloss so far! When is your holiday and how much do you want to lose?

Good luck on the rest of your journey! Xx

Hi jennie! I am doing LL but on this forum as LL one dead. I agree with what your saying that Cambridge is cheaper, I tried CD but couldn't stick to it knowing that it wouldn't really matter if I didn't pitch up for weigh in on Monday night etc & too easy for me to cheat and go off track. I feel like I really need to group sessions LL does just to remind me every week why I'm doing this. It's expensive but I find it's the only plan that keeps me on track! My councillor is also lovely :)

Once I've lost a good few stone I might swap over to CD! Good luck in your journey xx

I'm a cambridge devotee! My CDC is fabulous and phones or texts frequently. I have spent up to 90 minutes talking to her and I would never miss a weigh in as I would feel I'd let her down as well as myself. There is often an overlap between clients so I talk to others on the diet. Anyway, all the support I need is on the forum!

Hi all

Well it's my birthday next week and i'm planning a night so have purchased a new dress.. i'm hitting the gym hard and sticking to the diet ridgidly as i cant bare to feel fat in it.

That is my new motivation!!!

I much prefer the taste of Cambridge shakes and bars rather then the lighter life ones so that is helping alot.

Good luck all

x

Hi Jennie

I moved from LL to CD as my husband was doing CD and it was closer to home & cheaper so I swapped over.

I did worry about losing the councilling aspect but to be honest I havent missed it at all.

You can see fro my stats below I have continued to lose well on CD, if fact it was only the change over week that my weight stayed the same and that was due I think to weighing on different scales.

Good luck with your weight loss, I am sure you will soon be at your goal weight.

I did LL years ago, but to be honest, I much prefer CD. I'm doing SS+ which means I still get to eat a meal! And as you can see from my losses, its not affecting them at all... I've lost 1st 1lb in 3 weeks! Only have a stone and a half to go to target :) My CDC is fab - she always texts me and sends me little encouragement messages on Facebook! If I have a question she answers straight away - never got that with my LL counsellor. And its more flexible as I can choose my weigh in times and days. Plus, I personally think the packs are much nicer tasting - especially the tetras :p

I'm surprised I have not missed the meetings to be honest but I have friends who are on Cambridge too so they are a big support.

I don't think if I had started Cambridge in the first instance I wold have been as successful as I was on lighter life but it has given me a good basis to do cambridge. Only one more stone to go :)

Back