Lighter Life Total

Claire_Williams

Hi

Have not long started Lighter Life Total and am seriously missing a weight loss buddy as all my friends are trying either Weight Watchers or Slimming World (they all think I'm crackers on this one but it's working for me). Anyone else in a similar predicament?

Claire, xxx

Oh yeh. I can certainly relate to that. A lot of my friends think I'm nuts. They tell me it's not healthy, I'm going to make myself ill, I'll put the weight straight back on when I start eating. My LLC warned me about this kind of sabotage. I have got a couple of really good friends and a fabulous boyfriend who support me 100%. It did bother me the first time I did this diet but I vowed this time it's going to be different. I know this diet works so blinkers on and ignore negative comments I say. Good luck to you on your journey. You can always count on help and support from the forum. Stay strong and keep motivated. Juls.xxxx

@julslynne - can I ask about your experience first time round on LL? How much did you lose? How long did it take? Did you ever cheat? Sorry if I'm being nosey!
Suki. Xx

Hiya suki. I joined LL actually about this time last year. I stuck to the diet for 6 weeks and lost 24lbs. Then a holiday came and I completely went off the rails. I'd said before I went on hols to my LLC that I was going to stay abstinent, so when I got home i felt so guilty and disappointed with myself that I gave up. (big mistake) my LLC in all fairness text we - which I ignored. I thought I could diet the convential way but who was I kidding, my eating just spiraled out of contol again, but I'm back now and stronger and I'm determined to see it through to RTM. I know it's not going to be easy And temptation will come but I hope with the support from you guys it will make my journey much more bearable.

By the way your not nosey. Take care and tks luv Juls. Xxx

Hi and welcome, hope LLT is going well for you. I have been lucky had a few niggle moments but stayed 100% abstinent and intend to right until the end regardless of situations and occasions, I am retraining my brain to understand a reward does not have to be a food related. I have some good friends who know I am doing the plan and also family, I dont have any friends that are dieting as such and so I find this forum is the best buddy I could ever have because everyone on here is in the same boat as me and there is always somerone who can gove good support and advice in a moment of need. The people on here are a real inspiration and such a fantastic support network.

I found it good to read the diaries as quite often I can relate to some of the feelings associated with them.

Good luck xx

Hi Claire
You won't feel like you are in a predicament when you are losing an average of a stone a month. Ignore the people who tell you it's not healthy,they are usually the ones who don't know much about VLCDs.
Let them judge how healthy you look after a few weeks on the programme. You will probably find you hair, eyes, skin all start to look healthier because you'll be drinking lots of water and getting balanced nutrients.
My advice is not to try and convince people LL works. They'll soon see.
Good luck. Keep coming on here if you get funny reactions. Most of us have met them before!:)

Thanks everyone, just had my weigh in tonight and lost 2lbs. Am a little disappointed at the low weight loss (especially compared to others in the group) but am happy with my measurements - 22cm loss overall! Hoping for a better weigh in next Monday, wish me luck!

Don't worry too much Claire. You have lost a wonderful amount of weight so far and your body might just be adjusting to the weight loss.Good that you measured yourself as you have lost inches rather than pounds. Brilliant! But above all I think making sure that you keep up your fluids is really important at helping you to achieve the weight loss.

Forget about it...............just look at the total lost!!

Last edited:
Back