Lighterlife round 2.. 5 years later!

Aahhhh natasha, I'm so sorry you are going through this!! Do u think this diet has bought underlying issues to a head, or is it solely the change he doesn't like.

Keep your chin up petal xxx

Whjat a shame he can't support you through this Natasha. Maybe he's worried you'll be even more gorgeous when you are slim and might leave him behind.
People can have very unexpected reactions when they see us suddenly take real control and stick with this.
I was lucky, my OH was very supportive
when he saw how serious I was about LL, but I'm sure that at the beginning he didn't think I'd persevere.
He's very proud of my achievement now.
If your BF can't support you through this then maybe he isn't the right one for you.

We had a talk last night and I told him exactly how I fell. I don't think he realised how hard this is and didn't really understand it. He feels really bad now and is making a massive effort! He says he doesn't think I need to diet but will support me and says I'm doing really well! Think I scared him! Ha! Feel so much better now- think LL makes me really emotional sometimes?! Thanks for all your advice! Nearly 2 weeks down- just need to get through this weekend now. I'm going to a festival. 1st festival with no alcohol!! Wish me luck : ) hope you are all well x

wow well done natasha thats brill x

Result Natasha - well done you.
Just goes to show we can never tell what someone else is thinking.
It'll be easier now you understand each other better.
Enjoy your week-end

Only 2 lb off this week! Bit disappointed seeing as I've stuck
To it completely! But hey it's 16.5 lbs in 3 weeks so can't complain. Just need to up my excersise. Going to do a class at the gym
And up my swimming to twice a week instead of once! I WILL be a size 12!!! Ha ha

Good for you Natasha!

Keep it up x

i know how hard festivals are, i went to Glasto this year courtesy of Nokia, and thought i had done so well, walked MILES eaten well and not drank loads, i gained 8 pounds! heartbroken

you did very well to stay on plan at a festival x

Thanks! It was sooo hard! I hate not drinking : ( got a couple of other festivals to go to this summer so just hope I can stick to it then. Can't believe it's been 4 weeks on Monday!

its hard! i dont really "do" camping so i wont be doing anymore festivals lol

How are you doing, Natasha? 11bs in week one? WOW - THAT has just given me the encouragement I need!! Just started again this morning. Lost 70lbs last year but then moved to Saudi with my hubby's job, spent the first 4 or 5 months crying, sleeping or eating (!!) and have put 40lbs back on. Was home in UK last week and saw my LLC who signed me up as a refresher.

Had my weigh in Monday- lost only 3lbs but that's 19 in 4 weeks I'm fitting comfortably in a 14 now. Hurrah! One more dress size till I'm
At my goal! Wahoo.

Going to LA with work on the 31st of aug. Going to take my packs but have a light evening meal to be sociable etc so that's something to look forward to! Just going to have to be really careful. I might do 2 packs and a protein light meal with everyone at night. It's only 6 nights so hopefully will be ok. If I'm a size 12 by then might start weight watchers after that.. Not sure yet. Hope everyone is ok

Hey karamac! How was your first day? I have to say it's much harder the 2nd time but my advice is just take each day as it comes and don't cheat- don't even pick at anything. That's when it goes down hill! It is a hard diet but we all know it works! The first week is the hardest but after that it gets easier. I feel like I'm on the home stretch now! Ha! Wish I had bigger losses each week but hey, at least it's coming off and it's almost a stone and a half in 4 weeks so can't complain ; )

Thanks, Natasha. Week one weigh-in lost 7lbs! Pretty pleased with that. 7lbs down, 63 to go. Like you, I WILL be a size 12!!! Finding it really tough. Not because I want to eat but because I REALLY want a cup of tea!! I can drink coffee black but not tea (ugh) so I'll stick with coffee. How's it going for you, Natasha?

Well done ladies, stick with it. Your results are soooo fast. Congratulations.
Beware the re-introducing a little bit of food. You'll need will-power of cast iron.
That's when the really hard work begins.
Natasha I wouod say if you can do RTM it will pay dividends to help you maintain
that fab size 12 figure you've nearly achieved.
My philosophy is that LL got me where I am today, why switch to WW?
I still go back to our maintainers group almost every week- keeps me focused if I start to slip.
I know everyone has different needs and ideas so good luck whatever you decide.
Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks, SB and thankyouNatasha as well. I have posted a couple of times and got no replies so I was (as we are prone to do!) thinking no one wanted to talk to me!!!!! RTM is where my trouble might start but hopefully I'll have support on here. I'm not in UK anymore - my hubby will collect my packs when he's home on business so I'm pretty sure I can keep up with abstinence but hey, one day at a time, eh?

Yeah, good luck Karen. I used to live in Jeddah in a previus life many moons ago. How long are you over there for? How do you manage with the water drinking?

Back