Lighterlife to Cambridge

jczelyph

Hello all.

I'm on LL and losing well (6lbs in 4 days - hurrah). I'm not sure of the quality of my counsellor and was wondering if any of you guys had suggestions as to whether or not I should switch to CD and get more variety for less money.

I'm a med student in my final year so am in hospital for long hours and funny shifts. Having ready-made shakes would make life easier for me. Is there a list anywhere of all the flavours and formats on CD?

Any input would be really welcome!

ready made are choc velvet and banana bliss. its up to you if you feel your conseller is worth the money. some where on these threads you can get a list of all the flavours and choc bars etc. i decided against LL and chose this instead. good luck with what ever you decide to do . and good luck when you become pre reg ho , you ll need it ...... small tip , be kind to the nurses as we can make your live helll !!!!!!( u wud def loose wt then !!! haha.

Hello all.

I'm on LL and losing well (6lbs in 4 days - hurrah). I'm not sure of the quality of my counsellor and was wondering if any of you guys had suggestions as to whether or not I should switch to CD and get more variety for less money.

I'm a med student in my final year so am in hospital for long hours and funny shifts. Having ready-made shakes would make life easier for me. Is there a list anywhere of all the flavours and formats on CD?

Any input would be really welcome!

Hiya - it's really up to you...but - it seems that there is more choice on CD.....and your CDC will provide 1-to-1 support as oppose to the group DVD that LL gives you for twice the price.... give your local CDC a shout...if you feel comfortable with him/her.. then make an appt.....you've got nothin to lose - except the weight !!!

keep us posted....

Debz xx

I switched and never regretted it. There was no way that the 'input' from the LLC warranted so much additional cost. She was pleasant enough but didn't have a clue when it came to CBT and she would cancel and/or shorten a session at the drop of a hat.

I did miss the other women in my group as they were lovely people but my CDC is great and so no qualms about recommending the change.

The CD bars are really nice too (I love my bars!!!).

Best of luck with the decision.

Hi,

There is a sticky towards the top of the page posted by CD Counsellor, which has a full list of all the CD products available. You might find it handy to check it out. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

I switched from LL to CD because my LLC wasn't very good and it was SO expensive. I also found the counselling pretty condescending to be honest (that's just my personal opinion). My CDC is fabulous, really supportive and she's never once made me feel bad if I've cheated etc. I didn't get anything from LL that my CDC can't give me, and using these boards for support has also been great!

What I will say about LL is that it's SO expensive that I felt I had to stick to it - and I managed that for 6 weeks before I cheated the first time I did it. I've been on and off CD so many times in the past year or so, but my CDC has always been there and been supportive and this time round I've actually managed to stick to it for a whole week! (except for yesterday.. haha!)

Tis really up to you, but the cheaper cost, the variety in flavours and the one-on-one sessions I get from doing CD is much more beneficial to me than LL ever was.

Still a good diet though! (I think my LLC really put me off it through bad attitude.)

I am going to stick with LL for the time being until I have more experience of the sessions. I definitely have food issues and if there's even a chance of working through those, it will be a good thing to do so. If it seems that work is just totally not do-able with sachets of shakes or one bar a day, or if the sessions are no good, then I will switch. But I am going to give it another 3 weeks before I make that decisionn.

Thanks for all your advice!

Back