lil update

hi all ok today i feel i slacked, i ate a plate of pasta with cheese and later on a sausage in a bread roll

thats too much isnt it in one day ! im dreading my side effects !

but havent had any bread or meat in days and i just wanted a sausage it was only one so im hoping side effects r not too terrible

Don't worry we all make those mistakes. I used to LOVE cheese it was my biggest downfall. When I first started Xenical I use to cheat and still eat the low fat cheese but I finally weened myself off lol. As for the craving a sausage why don't you try Quorn sausages which are totally within the rules and taste great.

yes we eat those at home but i was at mums and dad was practically shoving it in my face i just had to eat it , i would never of cooked myself one cos by time i cooked it i would of thought no im not, but cos he just handed me the plate i was like yum i want it!

also love cheese and pasta, thats my biggest downfall!
ive eaten pretty much fruit and veg all week, no bread, no pasta no meat, only lil bit of fish, so im hopin this 1 day was a one off!

just come on my period too and im always hungry then !

I think it might be a good idea to try substituting the cheese with the low fat stuff. It doesn't taste as good unfortunately but might help kill the craving :)

i think because you cut it out completly your body wanted it here and now..
i think if u set aside a meal a week that can be a pasta dish. and use low or 1/2 fat cheese if you have to (and only a small amount) then your body wont crave it...
its all well dropping out carbs when you are dieting to help you along, but when you come off and start eating again then its all just going to come back on. (well thats my opinion anyway)
try not to deprive yourself of things like that...
i use weight watchers sausages which i personally love... i cant see the difference between any other (cheap) sausage...
good luck, and i hope you dont get any side effects...
ive not yet had them and ive been doing it almost 7 weeks... (about to finish week 6)

hey hun!

hope u r well! i really dont think you should be eating purely fruit and veg. its not good for you and its certainly not healthy.

Please dont be offended by my words but you are setting your self up to fail hun. Its not sustainable to only eat fruit and veg. You are gunna end up makig your self ill. The food standards agency recomends u eat a little of everything and reccomends you base your meals on things like bread and pasta etc. the brown variety is best for good ness. they do things like weight watchers bread and half loaves now which are a good send to me! have a look at the fsa website there is some great stuff on there Food Standards Agency - Eat well, be well - 8 tips for eating well

you cant beat your self up about eating one sausage and some pasta and cheese etc. Ok they might have been out of the xenical rules but if thats all you having all day your body is going to grab hold of the calories and hold on them for dear life!

Xenical is based on making healthy choices and after a while they become your second nature! I never pick any thing up b4 checking the labels! even the naughty stuff! hehehe

I was sat in weatherspoons looking at a new leaflet they have. It tells you all the cals and fat in EVERYTHING they sell!...well lets just say i wish i never had done now heheheheh

please stop beating your self up and relax your restrications please! it will do you the world of good!

love katie

xxxx

Last edited:
As Katie says, don't beat yourself up about it, we're human, we like meat and cheese.
I eat a fair amount of pasta, I usually mix it with a sauce made of very low fat soft cheese (philli) a splash of skimmed milk, mushrooms,basil and quorn or chickpeas (I'm not a big meat eater myself), its still within the rules and tastes yummy, or tinned tomatoes and soya mince (cheaper than quorn mince) for a bolognaise type pasta. I don't eat cheese at all as I don't miss it, but a little grated of the low fat variety would be fine occasionally.
xx

i have some Rosemary conley cheese its only 5g of fat per 100gs and is just like normal cheese! i had it on a potato the other day an put it under the gril and it melted. Felt like i had a treat and stayed under my cals

xxxxxxxxxxxx

where are you buying the RC cheese?

asda! they only sell it there. its 2 packs for 3 quid at moment and has a massive use by date! It took me ages to find it cos it wasnt where i expected it to be! and didnt reconise the packaging

5021427200106_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

ohhh might have to go to asda and get me some of that!!!
thanks Kae! your a star

Don't worry we all make those mistakes. I used to LOVE cheese it was my biggest downfall. When I first started Xenical I use to cheat and still eat the low fat cheese but I finally weened myself off lol. As for the craving a sausage why don't you try Quorn sausages which are totally within the rules and taste great.

I am constantly reading about Quorn, and I have to ask what is it? We don't have that in Canada.:confused:

hey all, no im not offended by any info u lot give, i need it trust me cos i have no1 else to talk to about these things, so i appreciate all ur input, ok so im trying to now add a lil of something with veg, just had prawn salad, not to keep in my fat amount but just cos i fancied one lots today so i dont feel like ive had to eat somethin low calorie cos i wanted it anyway lol

but i also had bad side effects today, and o my god i c wat people mean wen they talk about the side effects, i will not ever b eating a normal sausage again ! lol

so had prawn salad for lunch, couldnt face breakfast 2day, and i intend on stir fry for dinner, home made with loads of veg and a lil chicken and noodles, so is that meal ok u think?

also u guys/gals dont ever think il b offended or take ur advice wrong i appreciate it all because im new to all this and i really dont know wat im doing yet, im learning tho thro all ur stories and input.

so thanks x

I am constantly reading about Quorn, and I have to ask what is it? We don't have that in Canada.:confused:

its vegetarian meat substitute! you can have loadsa stuff! sausages steak mince chicken , burgers

hope that helps!

xxx

BTW full fat mayonnaise is evil

yes hun! the stir fry is fab! i always have them! just use fry light instead of oil!

hope the effects have died off now hun

xxxx

lol i got so much to learn tho, thank god for u guys,

didnt hav the stir fry i wasnt sure, i had porridge instead, but stir fry tomorrow then now i know its ok lol

Back