Lils pregnancy diary

*lil*

Gold Member
Hi ladies
I've decided to start a diary because I'm 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I've already gained a stone.
About 4 months ago we started IVF and I had to stop my low carb diet. Since then with morning sickness and carbs, things seem to have got out of control.
Eating makes my sickness go and unfortunately fruit just doesn't stop it.

My mum is making me feel really bad by saying 'well your baby doesn't weigh a stone! ' the thing is I got quite obsessed about weight loss and got very skinny. I'd already managed to cope with putting a stone on because of my holiday and Christmas but now I'm 2 stone heavier.

I've got pcos which was discovered during my IVF treatment. So that's probably why I never did very well with slimming world and low carb seemed to work so well.

I'm so happy to be pregnant, it's been a tough 6 years but I really really don't think I should have gained this much so soon. I'm hoping when the sickness dies down I won't be eating as much and if I don't lose a lb or 2 I won't gain too much more in tri 2.

I haven't seen a midwife yet either which is freaking me out. Maybe if I ever get to see her I could talk it through with her. I stopped exercising when I had IVF as well because I was so scared of doing anything but I think I'm ready to start again but until I've had my 12 week scan I'm too scared. I've had an 8 week scan and baby had a heartbeat but I'm still scared :-(

Could I do weight watchers do you think? Only thing is it would be discover & not pro points because I just didn't like it for some reason.

Thanks for any replies x

Oh and my iPhone had a mind of its own so please excuse any random words or spellings :)

Oh and ignore my signature, it's a bit out of date now :)

Hey sorry for the long post -
I'd gained a stone by 14 weeks, and in total pregnancy I'd gained 3st 4lb with my 2nd pregnancy, and I gained 3st 7 with my first. After my first I lost 4st 7, and I had my 2nd two weeks ago and have lost 19lb's so far. At the beginning of my pregnancy my bmi was 36 so I was consultant led, and by the end my bmi was 42. However, not once did my did my midwife or consultant mention my weight, I actually had the midwife and my doctor refuse to sign my sw form as they don't condone dieting in pregnancy - which I think is wrong as sw is extremely healthy and not restricting. SO to get to my point, I had a very healthy pregnancy and birth and my gorgeous girl was born a healthy 7lb 13oz's. I was/am considered extremely overweight even though I was still a size 18 at the end of my pregnancy. At the end of the day you have been blessed with this life growing inside of you and it seems you've had quite a journey getting there. Try not to worry too much about your weight, talk it through with your midwife when you see her but you can always lose weight after pregnancy. Good luck xx

Wow that's brilliant we'll done. I know I'm probably worrying too much I think it's in my head, I'm worried what people will think.
But, you are right its a wonderful thing that I've got the chance to be a mum and what's a little weight gain? I can lose it after, I've lost it before I can do it again. :)
Thank you x

*lil* said:
Wow that's brilliant we'll done. I know I'm probably worrying too much I think it's in my head, I'm worried what people will think.
But, you are right its a wonderful thing that I've got the chance to be a mum and what's a little weight gain? I can lose it after, I've lost it before I can do it again. :)
Thank you x

That's how I felt, I did follow slimming world for a few weeks after my nausea passed, and a I either lost or maintained my weight most weeks but then I just couldn't stick to it and realised you can't enjoy your pregnancy while worrying about your weight and you'll only look back and regret it. I have a really supportive husband as well which helped me not stress too much. I did put most the weight on it the last few weeks then it slowed down at the end x

Congratulations on your pregnancy! First off I would try and not take notice of what loved ones or friends say about your weight as everyone is different in pregnancy and everyone always loves to have an opinion! I think keeping a food diary is a really good way of keeping track of what you have eaten and it's really helped me. I started with sw but now in cal counting but I think if you eat reasonably well/stay within cals you shouldn't go to far wrong, good luck! X

Thanks both of you :)

I'm trying to be good 3 meals a day with fruit as snacks.
Trouble is, I'm a sucker for sweets!!!
Anyway all I can do is be as sensible as possible.
Just had a pasta bake which was yummy but had lots of cheese in :-/

Back