Lily's 261st attempt at sticking to a plan - JUDDD!!

Hey Lily!

Sounds like a busy and tiring day!

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth.

Yes, I'm okay. I get really frustrated by my job because although I'm always frantically busy, whenever someone asks exactly what my role is, I never know quite what to say. I must have the most ill-defined job spec in the world. I'm supposed to have a sort of liaison role but the other folks in my team at the same grade have much more clearly-defined responsibilities. My poor OH has to listen to me ranting about it sooo much. I hate the woolliness of it all. But it means I get to go to go to all sorts of meetings about pretty diverse things, from writing computer code (believe me, that's not something I've ever anticipated) to supporting frontline staff, to the strategic direction of the organisation. Madness. :eek:

Anyway, I'm waffling. :) Nice UD though I've eaten too much chocolate. Don't care though. :D

Thanks Ruth.

Yes, I'm okay. I get really frustrated by my job because although I'm always frantically busy, whenever someone asks exactly what my role is, I never know quite what to say. I must have the most ill-defined job spec in the world. I'm supposed to have a sort of liaison role but the other folks in my team at the same grade have much more clearly-defined responsibilities. My poor OH has to listen to me ranting about it sooo much. I hate the woolliness of it all. But it means I get to go to go to all sorts of meetings about pretty diverse things, from writing computer code (believe me, that's not something I've ever anticipated) to supporting frontline staff, to the strategic direction of the organisation. Madness. :eek:

Anyway, I'm waffling. :) Nice UD though I've eaten too much chocolate. Don't care though. :D

:( Hope your evening gets better!! Chocolate is the answer to EVERYTHING! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

Know how you feel on the job front- I do everything across many different departments!!! :(
My OH gets fed up of me moaning!

Ruth
x

:( Hope your evening gets better!! Chocolate is the answer to EVERYTHING! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

Isn't it? ;) :8855: So glad I'm doing a plan that allows for chocolate - the real stuff!

Know how you feel on the job front- I do everything across many different departments!!! :(

Ruth
x

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm still the new girl on the team, even though I've been doing my job for nearly 2 years now - it's been so hard to catch up with the stuff that they know by virtue of the fact they've been doing it all for years (and I mean years!). And they forget, and look at me sometimes with that "Oh come on, you don't know that?" look. Grrrr. Yes, cos I plugged my brain into your collective USB ports and downloaded your experience. If only. Probably coming soon though. I'm sure Steve Jobs must've been working on it... :)

Trefoil said:

Ruth
x

Me too, seem to spend hours every night ranting too, poor hubbie!!

Chocs are waiting for me tonight :) x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh dear we are all in the same boat!!!

My boss puts her name to everything I do! :(

Its very disheartening! However she is 6 months pregnant so leaving soon but she badmouths me in front of the rest of the team when im her deputy.. cant wait for it to stop when she's gone!!

Saying that shes been through a lot in the past 12 months and I have always been there for her- would be nice to be thanked :/

Ruth
x

Evening all :)

So so so sooooo tired! :cry: Had a third in a row rubbish night's sleep (3 hours last night, not much more the other 2). I go through spells of this so I know it'll pass, but urrrggghh in the meantime.

Feel knackered. :deadhorse:

On the plus side, I've swapped my rotation around cos I know I need Friday to be an UD, so I've had an UD today. Just as well, cos I feel so tired I'd have blown a DD. Looking forward to getting into bed - sad, eh?

Hey, just found ur diary lol sorry! Yours is def one I wanna follow, u have lots of sound advice. I know I'm a bit slow, but my first goal was to be less than 2 stone heavier because for a while we both kept playing around with a few lbs n I never got nearer than 2 stone heavier. Done it now though :) and try not let ur.job stress u, prob y u r not sleeping x

Hey, just found ur diary lol sorry! Yours is def one I wanna follow, u have lots of sound advice. I know I'm a bit slow, but my first goal was to be less than 2 stone heavier because for a while we both kept playing around with a few lbs n I never got nearer than 2 stone heavier. Done it now though :) and try not let ur.job stress u, prob y u r not sleeping x

Thanks hun - you're probably right. I read somewhere that insomnia can be due to cortisol (a stress hormone) being released at the wrong time - at night instead of earlier in the day. Kind of makes sense - there's a lot going on at the moment, so even though I'm not conscious of worrying lots, clearly my body sees things differently!

LOL at the sound advice thing. I'm great with the theory, just not so good with the practice. :) :rolleyes: But maybe this time... :D

Melatonin Lily.

MinnieMel said:
Melatonin Lily.

You think that should become my new username? ;)

Yes. I know. It might work, I guess. But you can't get it here in the UK, I don't think?

Lily said:
You think that should become my new username? ;)

Yes. I know. It might work, I guess. But you can't get it here in the UK, I don't think?

You can! I ordered online.... And someone we know sent me a stash! ;)

Can I ask what it is???

Hope you're ok Lily and that you have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Trefoil said:
Can I ask what it is???

Hope you're ok Lily and that you have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

It's just a herbal supplement good for sleep disorders. It knocks me out in 20 mins.

Isn't that in milk, why a warm milky drink is supposed to help ???
Anyway morning Lily and thanks again for yesterdays pep talk, you are a star and I am very grateful xx Have a lovely day :)

Morning Lily-

I hope you slept better. If not try this:

image-4097034787.jpg

I sent you a PM.

bettiesrevenge said:
It's just a herbal supplement good for sleep disorders. It knocks me out in 20 mins.

Melatonin

Melatonin, also known chemically as N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine,[1] is a naturally occurring compound found in animals, plants, and microbes.[2][3] In animals, circulating levels of the hormone melatonin vary in a daily cycle, thereby allowing the entrainment of the circadian rhythms of several biological functions.[4]

Many biological effects of melatonin are produced through activation of melatonin receptors,[5] while others are due to its role as a pervasive and powerful antioxidant,[6] with a particular role in the protection of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA.[7]
Products containing melatonin have been available over-the-counter in the United States since the mid-1990s.[8] In many other countries, the sale of this neurohormone is not permitted or requires a prescription.

bajoleth said:
Isn't that in milk, why a warm milky drink is supposed to help ???
Anyway morning Lily and thanks again for yesterdays pep talk, you are a star and I am very grateful xx Have a lovely day :)

You're thinking of tryptophan -- it is found in turkey and milk. It does make you sleepy.

However, melatonin is what your body produces naturally to control your body clock. SAD (season affective disorder) s when your body is not releasing melatonin appropriately and a light box or melatonin before bed can help. Also, melatonin is very effective in remediating jet lag. Studies show that for every hour you travel east it takes 24 hours to adjust - but with melatonin it takes one sleep cycle. (My sister participated in the study done with Danish military pilots.)

Hiya Lily!!

Hope you're ok and that you're having a good day!

Ruth
X

Hey, hope u slept better last night. X

Nite, Lily.

Back