Lily's 261st attempt at sticking to a plan - JUDDD!!

Well done Lily !

It gives one hope, no?

Awesome loss!!!!

I'm working on making this work. When I don't do the "best" info not feel as if I've failed. It is good for the soul.

Absolutely fantastic, really pleased for you :woohoo:Enjoy your UP day x

Woohoooo *does a little dance* well done :) that's fab x

Holy cow, well done!!!

17 lost : 50 to goal

Thank you thank you thank you :D

Well done Lily !

It gives one hope, no?

Awesome loss!!!!

I'm working on making this work. When I don't do the "best" info not feel as if I've failed. It is good for the soul.

You know, I think it is. Yes, I know I'm only going to lose a pound or two a week from now on, but to do that while still having all the things I like regularly? Why didn't I give this a proper go sooner? :confused:

That's brilliant Lily. Well done
X

I just fell off my chair and realised that's almost half a stone.

You are frikkin awesome lady!

Well, I come to the end of another UD - once again not having quite met my calorie allowance. :eek: I could of course go down to the fridge and shove something into my gob but that seems rather daft. I'm only 167 calories shy. It is weird though. When I think of all the other diets I've ever done, and how hard it's been to extract maximum volume out of my allotted calories, fibbing a bit to myself when I've gone over the limit "but not by very much, honest"... and now I can't eat them all!

Weird. But good. :)

And I'm actually looking forward to my DD. Even weirder!

Lily said:
Well, I come to the end of another UD - once again not having quite met my calorie allowance. :eek: I could of course go down to the fridge and shove something into my gob but that seems rather daft. I'm only 167 calories shy. It is weird though. When I think of all the other diets I've ever done, and how hard it's been to extract maximum volume out of my allotted calories, fibbing a bit to myself when I've gone over the limit "but not by very much, honest"... and now I can't eat them all!

Weird. But good. :)

And I'm actually looking forward to my DD. Even weirder!

You know what Lilly I think this is the key to this diet. After a day if struggling to eat your calories, you really do look forward to having a down day. Today is my first real up day, and I'm currently at 1500 cals. I can't fit anything else in. I fancied an apple and sine cheese earlier, so I grated them and to my dismay I realised it was only 130 cals worth.

I have a key lime pot in the fridge which was my treat for today. I can't even get enthusiastic about eating it. On CD in times of stress that thing would have well been down the hatch, glass pot to boot!

What's your plan for the down day?

Evening Lily,

I think eating this way - making the choice to be UP/DOWN, how you are going to take in sustenance, add in fitness, etc. empowers us. We are in control. Not some packets or weight loss group of strict plan. Just controlling intake and sparking our metabolism on our own terms - makes this bearable. Even enjoyable.

Great losses - we didn't do this sooner because we weren't ready. It Is ALL ON US - but we've developed the skills to handle this.

You know what Lilly I think this is the key to this diet. After a day if struggling to eat your calories, you really do look forward to having a down day. Today is my first real up day, and I'm currently at 1500 cals. I can't fit anything else in. I fancied an apple and sine cheese earlier, so I grated them and to my dismay I realised it was only 130 cals worth.

I have a key lime pot in the fridge which was my treat for today. I can't even get enthusiastic about eating it. On CD in times of stress that thing would have well been down the hatch, glass pot to boot!

What's your plan for the down day?

3 Cambridge shakes and 100ml whole milk for tea (I find I only need a splash of whole to make my tea the right colour so for me, it's not worth using skimmed :cool:).

And yay to the lack of enthusiasm! Who knew, eh?

Evening Lily,

I think eating this way - making the choice to be UP/DOWN, how you are going to take in sustenance, add in fitness, etc. empowers us. We are in control. Not some packets or weight loss group of strict plan. Just controlling intake and sparking our metabolism on our own terms - makes this bearable. Even enjoyable.

Great losses - we didn't do this sooner because we weren't ready. It Is ALL ON US - but we've developed the skills to handle this.

Speak for yourself, I was ready! ;) :D I've been on a diet for 30 years - I was sooo ready! :D :D if it really turns out that it was this easy and no one ever told me, I'm gonna be cross! But I'll reserve judgement for now. I thought low carb was the Holy Grail (and it would've been if I could have borne a life without bread, potatoes, rice and pasta).

I do get what you mean about developing the skills though - I do. Doing Cambridge meant that I knew I could handle DDs. Oh... (quivering sigh of hope) please let this be the answer I've been looking for. :cross: I'm so done with being fat!

On an interesting note, once again I'm the same weight after an UD as I was yesterday morning (after a DD). I know I'm surely going to see some scale bounces soon, but it's fun while it lasts!

Morning Lily.

I hope you're enjoying the sun. I'm off to take DD, friend and dog to your neck of the woods. Stannick Lakes. Im going to see if I can dig up
a kite to fly. I hope the weather holds.

Morning Lily.

I hope you're enjoying the sun. I'm off to take DD, friend and dog to your neck of the woods. Stannick Lakes. Im going to see if I can dig up
a kite to fly. I hope the weather holds.

I've just come back from Stanwick Lakes! It was just starting to rain as we left - and it didn't seem windy enough for a kite (it would've been yesterday!)

Hope you had a lovely afternoon!

Ahhhh, missed you. It wasn't windy enough, but our little dog enjoyed barking at the ducks.

Grilled steaks at ours, but I had a S and S cottage pie over steamed veggies. C'est la...

Ahhhh, missed you. It wasn't windy enough, but our little dog enjoyed barking at the ducks.

Grilled steaks at ours, but I had a S and S cottage pie over steamed veggies. C'est la...

The ducks are particularly lovely there at the moment. And my OH and I were in fits of laughter when 4 moorhens decided to have a scrap in the middle of one of the ponds. We quite often go to Stanwick - we walk up what was the old railway line, rather than coming through the main entrance. I'm trying to build up some stamina, so we've been walking there three or four times this week already!

I'm sure you enjoyed your delicious S&S cottage pie just as much as the others enjoyed their steaks. The enjoyment of the virtuous, eh? :D

Another successful DD under my belt. :innocent0002:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find they have more energy on DDs than UDs? I've got a fair bit of cleaning done today and I managed an hour of walking (that might not sound like much but it's a big deal to me!). My ankle pain is slowly improving - not sure whether that's because of the exercise I've done this week, the fact I've lost 6lbs, the anti-inflammatory effect of SIRT enzymes or the 400mg of magnesium I'm taking daily - maybe a combination of all of those?

UD tomorrow then - which is great, cos I've got to spend the day in Birmingham in a team meeting, so I'll be able to be "normal" and partake in sandwiches at lunchtime!

Lily said:
The ducks are particularly lovely there at the moment. And my OH and I were in fits of laughter when 4 moorhens decided to have a scrap in the middle of one of the ponds. We quite often go to Stanwick - we walk up what was the old railway line, rather than coming through the main entrance. I'm trying to build up some stamina, so we've been walking there three or four times this week already!

I'm sure you enjoyed your delicious S&S cottage pie just as much as the others enjoyed their steaks. The enjoyment of the virtuous, eh? :D

I made my son cover his 6 pack when he came to the table to shovel a ridiculous amount food down his gullet. Ugh!

Hiya!

Here to follow if you don't mind :)

What a great diary!!

Ruth
X

I love the feeling at the end of a successful DD its great isn't it x Enjoy your UP day tomorrow ;)

Back