Lily's 261st attempt at sticking to a plan - JUDDD!!

MinnieMel said:
I made my son cover his 6 pack when he came to the table to shovel a ridiculous amount food down his gullet. Ugh!

Oh god. The joys of youth! I have a friend who's boy is into his competitive body building. He is an eating machine and so toned it's disgraceful. That said he is a man and so genetically favoured when building muscle, we are women and we are quite the opposite!

Your DD sounds great. I'm on my first proper DD today. Yesterdays up was a complete explosion of sugary calories. I hope it was in rebellion not a glimpse of what is to come.

Have a lovely Monday lily!

Hi Lily,

Rubbish day weather-wise. I'm really glad we had our little fresh air outing yesterday.

@ Nat and Lily, et al

I'm reading Jillian Michaels book on metabolism. What she says make sense and I am listening to her radio show podcasts as I go about my walks or chores and she is so anti sugar, processed foods, pushes organic, natural etc that I think it is really helping me make better choices. Food is fuel and I as I am trying to get rid of my stores. So, i am putting less in, and I think what I am putting in needs to better quality.

hello Lily! You are doing well, This is my second week on JUDDD and I sts the first week after crossing over from slim and save but now lost 3lbs this week! its worth it. xx

teetiefunk said:
hello Lily! You are doing well, This is my second week on JUDDD and I sts the first week after crossing over from slim and save but now lost 3lbs this week! its worth it. xx

Super loss!

Hiya!

Here to follow if you don't mind :)

What a great diary!!

Ruth
X

'Course you can follow! And thank you x It's my visitors who make my diary a lovely place!

I love the feeling at the end of a successful DD its great isn't it x Enjoy your UP day tomorrow ;)

Thank you. I did. And thank God it was an UD - there's no way I could've got through a team meeting on DD shakes. Grrr. Talk about ridiculously unproductive use of time. Ironically, the meeting was all about making ourselves more productive. Go figure...

Oh god. The joys of youth! I have a friend who's boy is into his competitive body building. He is an eating machine and so toned it's disgraceful. That said he is a man and so genetically favoured when building muscle, we are women and we are quite the opposite!

Your DD sounds great. I'm on my first proper DD today. Yesterdays up was a complete explosion of sugary calories. I hope it was in rebellion not a glimpse of what is to come.

Have a lovely Monday lily!

Well, it wasn't exactly lovely. But it could've been a lot worse. :)

Hi Lily,

Rubbish day weather-wise. I'm really glad we had our little fresh air outing yesterday.

@ Nat and Lily, et al

I'm reading Jillian Michaels book on metabolism. What she says make sense and I am listening to her radio show podcasts as I go about my walks or chores and she is so anti sugar, processed foods, pushes organic, natural etc that I think it is really helping me make better choices. Food is fuel and I as I am trying to get rid of my stores. So, i am putting less in, and I think what I am putting in needs to better quality.

Oh, the weather was pants! I'm not amused!

Good news about the Jillian book. I may have to look that one out.

Thanks teetie. And that's a great loss - well done! :clap:

===

That's another UD done and dusted. I'm never as hungry as I expect to be on UDs. On DDs you kind of imagine that you'll really fancy this or that and plan to have it on the next UD. But then when the UD comes, it's like, "yeah, that was okay. Nice but not magical". LOL. Is this what it's like to have a normal appetite? :confused:

That's another UD done and dusted. I'm never as hungry as I expect to be on UDs. On DDs you kind of imagine that you'll really fancy this or that and plan to have it on the next UD. But then when the UD comes, it's like, "yeah, that was okay. Nice but not magical". LOL. Is this what it's like to have a normal appetite? :confused:

You have hit the nail on the head there, thats exactly what its like. What puts a lot of die hard dieters off JUDDD esp those used to a VLCD is the thought that they are going to eat anything and everything in sight on a UP day, there might be UP days when you do eat a lot but generally you become quite blase about the fact you can have it if you want it, it sort of releases you to be allowed to eat and then you often find you don't really want it anyway, this diet honestly changes your view of food in ways I have yet to understand :)

Anyway back to you, hope you have a successful DD x

Morning Lily,

I hope you are well and you have a better day, today.

Hello lily!

I woke up today on an up. In my cupboards are all sorts of treats I thought I may like, including pain au chocolate. I looked, looked again. I then had two belvita breakfast biscuits and some fat free Greek yoghurt with two teaspoons of manuka honey and a banana. Talk about go wild! I think not. Bizarre I have no desire for any of those things, not even a chocolate mouse!

Good Morning Lily!!

I know exactly how you feel- they get a bit boring don't they it's so strange and I've now started loving my DDs :eek: !!!

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy the food more!

Ruth
X

Morning Lily,

I hope you are having good day.

Morning? It's 8.30pm! LOL :D

Here to follow :) I'm in same situation with my CDC haha have you broken the news yet ?? Haha ! Your doing do well! xxx

Lily said:
Morning? It's 8.30pm! LOL :D

LOL - I meant to say evening!!! I hope that it went well.

Here to follow :) I'm in same situation with my CDC haha have you broken the news yet ?? Haha ! Your doing do well! xxx

Hello Little-e :D

That's funny - I was only looking at a post of yours on the Cambridge forum yesterday evening - the one about bingeing? And I nearly nearly wrote something about how maybe you should try JUDDD then thought better of it. Those folk on Cambridge who are doing well shouldn't be tempted away, it's only when you're struggling with Cambridge that you start to wonder whether something else might be better!

So are you going to give JUDDD a whirl? I would highly recommend using Cambridge shakes for down days, though you can of course use real food. ;) Personally, I've found that it's best to keep DDs as boring as possible! The moment I start nibbling a bit of this or that, I'm sunk, so shakes are ideal. I've got myself into a bit of a routine. Strawberry tetra for breakfast, banana tetra for lunch and a chocolate powder shake (made with lots of ice) for tea. And it's working great.

And no - I haven't told my CDC yet. Even by her scales, I'd lost 5lbs last week so she assumed I'd had a perfect SS week, LOL. It'll be less this week, almost certainly. I may have to crack and tell her. I don't think she'll be cross. I've known her since October 2007 (since the first time I did Cambridge and lost 5 and a half stone), so we're old friends now... :D

LOL - I meant to say evening!!! I hope that it went well.

LOL, thanks Mel. Yes, all is well. Another fairly easy DD under my belt. :)

Lily said:
LOL, thanks Mel. Yes, all is well. Another fairly easy DD under my belt. :)

Well done on the DD you're doing great!

Is CD the Cambridge diet? What's it like? Exante?

Ruth
X

Well done on the DD you're doing great!

Is CD the Cambridge diet? What's it like? Exante?

Ruth
X

Yes, very similar to Exante. I've been on and off the Cambridge Diet for years, unfortunately (now rather snootily called Cambridge Weight Plan :eek:). Once you've experienced the heady rush of speedy weight loss on Cambridge, it's hard to go back to something like WW or SW to try to shift the pounds that inevitably creep back. For a brief period in May 2008, I saw 12st on my scales (I weighed 17st 9lbs when I started Cambridge). But over the intervening years, the lard has slowly recovered my bones, despite my near continuous attempts to keep it at bay. The other problem with Cambridge is that it's enormously difficult to stick to it second, third, fourth, fifth and seventeenth time around ;) - the first time is usually the best. It was for me, anyway.

Still, enough of that - I'm doing JUDDD. And so far, it's been great!

Hi Lily. Glad you've had a good DD. I tried to follow suit with my DD today. Had a CD shake this morning, but when it got to lunchtime I thought I could get something more interesting for my calories at lunchtime than another shake. But it's gone all wrong tonight. Had my tea which was lovely but felt completely unsatisfied and have just had a mini roll. Feel very disappointed in myself. Will defo just stick to 3 CD shakes on Thursday
X

Lily said:
Yes, very similar to Exante. I've been on and off the Cambridge Diet for years, unfortunately (now rather snootily called Cambridge Weight Plan :eek:). Once you've experienced the heady rush of speedy weight loss on Cambridge, it's hard to go back to something like WW or SW to try to shift the pounds that inevitably creep back. For a brief period in May 2008, I saw 12st on my scales (I weighed 17st 9lbs when I started Cambridge). But over the intervening years, the lard has slowly recovered my bones, despite my near continuous attempts to keep it at bay. The other problem with Cambridge is that it's enormously difficult to stick to it second, third, fourth, fifth and seventeenth time around ;) - the first time is usually the best. It was for me, anyway.

Still, enough of that - I'm doing JUDDD. And so far, it's been great!

Oh right well you are doing fabulously!!!

So easy to do and it's great for maintenance too! 2 birds with one stone!!!

You've done really well and im really pleased for you :)

Ruth
X

Back