Lily's 261st attempt at sticking to a plan - JUDDD!!

Lily said:
Hello Little-e :D

That's funny - I was only looking at a post of yours on the Cambridge forum yesterday evening - the one about bingeing? And I nearly nearly wrote something about how maybe you should try JUDDD then thought better of it. Those folk on Cambridge who are doing well shouldn't be tempted away, it's only when you're struggling with Cambridge that you start to wonder whether something else might be better!

So are you going to give JUDDD a whirl? I would highly recommend using Cambridge shakes for down days, though you can of course use real food. ;) Personally, I've found that it's best to keep DDs as boring as possible! The moment I start nibbling a bit of this or that, I'm sunk, so shakes are ideal. I've got myself into a bit of a routine. Strawberry tetra for breakfast, banana tetra for lunch and a chocolate powder shake (made with lots of ice) for tea. And it's working great.

And no - I haven't told my CDC yet. Even by her scales, I'd lost 5lbs last week so she assumed I'd had a perfect SS week, LOL. It'll be less this week, almost certainly. I may have to crack and tell her. I don't think she'll be cross. I've known her since October 2007 (since the first time I did Cambridge and lost 5 and a half stone), so we're old friends now... :D

Hey well I'd pretty much say judddd was suited to me as I can go mon tue wed thur fri on cd then usually ruin it on the weekends so if I stick to judddd then atleast it can be controlled lol !!! I did text my CDC to tell her I wouldn't be coming this week and that I am finding it too difficult And would like to stick to cc but she has persuaded me to come back and stick to 1000 for a while! We will see how I get on :) but im still here to follow as I think judddd is something I will be doing in the near future xx

Morning Lily -

It s morning, right? ;)

Down Day for me. Need to get to glugging. I feel the need to flush the carp (and not all that much) I had yesterday.

I hope things are going well with you.

Last edited:
Morning Lily x
Flushing those Carp out can be dead tricky Mel, slippery little customers:8855: Sorry Mel that just made me giggle ;)

Hey Lily!

Hope you're ok and having a lovely day :)

Take care!

Ruth
X

bajoleth said:
Morning Lily x
Flushing those Carp out can be dead tricky Mel, slippery little customers:8855: Sorry Mel that just made me giggle ;)

I usually use symbols like cr*p but with the iPad and iPhone it's a hassle. The auto correct is annoying as well.

I've ordered a cover with a blue tooth keyboard.

Aarrggh! Very hungry up day! What's that all about? I s'pose it could just be TOTM (due any day now, I fear).

Isnt it great being a woman? :rolleyes:

Lily said:
Aarrggh! Very hungry up day! What's that all about? I s'pose it could just be TOTM (due any day now, I fear).

Isnt it great being a woman? :rolleyes:

I've been sooooooooo hungry today, too. Might be the better weather?

I've been sooooooooo hungry today, too. Might be the better weather?

Don't know. Maybe. :confused: I've ended up going over my calorie allowance. But I'm not going to get too worked up about that - it's going to happen from time to time and I think the best way to handle it is probably just to accept it happens sometimes!

Hope TOTM turns up soon though! I really do think it might be the cause.

Lily said:
Don't know. Maybe. :confused: I've ended up going over my calorie allowance. But I'm not going to get too worked up about that - it's going to happen from time to time and I think the best way to handle it is probably just to accept it happens sometimes!

Hope you're ok Lily!!

Sometimes these things happen :) don't get worked up or anything about it :) I'm sure that you will be fine :)

TOTM is so rubbish I always want cheese!!!

Ruth
X

Lily said:

I'm sure you know this... But on LCF there is someones hypothesis that you can have MUD days.((Mixed up days)

Essentially its to cope with DD mis calculations and excess. So you take your UP day from say 6pm on the down day and then stop eating at 6pm on your following up so you use the 6pm 6pm timeframe for your UP allowance. Then you take the next DD from 6pm until COP the following day.

Obviously not recommended to do often. But may help to reduce the calories a bit.

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat. 650 cals today. Including chocolate. I am hormonal for Shiz!

That sounds interesting, but I'm easily confused so I'll probably not try to follow it. Love that's it's called MUD tho :)
X

MrsC999 said:
That sounds interesting, but I'm easily confused so I'll probably not try to follow it. Love that's it's called MUD tho :)
X

I know. Best to leave well alone otherwise I may get used to the idea! I may stop eating after 6pm anyway. Its no good for the digestive system!

I never get in till after 6pm so would be hard not to eat after that during the week
X

I was always a nighttime eater and would frequently eat at 9/10 pm but I seem to have kicked the habit with this plan and seem to be able to fast better!!!

This sounds quite interesting (the Mud thing) so I'll look into it If I start to get stuck and plateau!

Ruth
X

Google zigzagging diet. I looked at this the other week when considering juddd. It calculated the calories over the week for me for each day but I couldn't be bothered with trying to remember so many different numbers! (it gave a weeks recipes too)
One of the zigzag sites talks about JUDDD but suggests the UD/dd does not have to be 1:1 but could be 2:2 or 5:5. Not sure where there evidence is though, although I could see 2:2 being as effective as 1:1.
I suppose zigzagging to me is no more than a randomisation of the UD/DD with some ID thrown in for good measure! At the end of thx day it's what works for each one of us.
I'm trying intermittent fasting alongside JUDDD at the moment. Trying to keep all my intake within a 4/5 hour window and fasting the rest of the time. It works ok on DD - in fact it helps prevent me triggering hunger once I start eating. But on an UD I can't get everything consumed in such a short space of time.

gentoo/aptenny

Nite Lily. I hope things are better tomorrow.

Hi Lily. Have u had a good day?
X

Hi Lily, hows your day been ?

Awww hope tomorrow is better for you, and well done in keeping your cals low under duress x

Back