Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

Hi Lily it's offically clean your bedroom day tomorrow, I am doing mine and sorting out clothes etc. Glad you have had another good day catch up with you tomorrow ;)

:sigh2:

I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop, waiting for my son to wake up (yes, it's 10.55). I should probably just go in there with the Dyson and threaten to suck up everything in sight, but in many ways it suits me that he's still asleep. :) I'm in danger of chickening out. It's going to be horrible in there.

I'm feeling a li'l bit fragile (I guess Day 3 will do that to you). Not madly hungry or anything - I'm well into ketosis and my body's already dumped 7 of the 9 pounds it threw back on when I lost the plot a few days ago. I'm 14st 5lbs this morning, which isn't so bad really. It'd be good to drop below 14st 3lbs by next weigh in (Wednesday) so a lower number ends up on my weight loss card.

Just wish I had some get up and go this morning! I guess I could fake-it-'til-I-make-it (gets me through most of the rest of my life), but I'm not in the mood! I just want to curl up on the settee with my Kindle and read...

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I'll go and make another lovely cup of black coffee...

LOL -- I suspect that whateer you find will turn your stomach and you'll not even want to think about food. (I have my own 19 year old son... it gets better, but not much.)

MM

LOL, well - I did it. And it was grim. :D But we put on one of the music channels and got to work. I think even DS was shocked by how many inches of dust we found behind his bed. :eek:

I started at 12 and finally put the Dyson away at 15.15. I am thoroughly knackered, as much from chivvying him along as from all the bending and stretching as we shunted furniture about and scrubbed skirting boards. But it was well worth it, I think. There are now 2 bags of rubbish in the dining room that need taking to the tip.

And - I'm not sure I should be claiming Beck credit for this, but I'm going to anyway :) - after spending 2 hours telling myself that cravings do go away (not that I had a craving for anything in particular, I just felt awful - all weak and hungry), I finally settled on having a 4th shake. And it did the trick. I feel so much better for having it. I'm wondering now whether I burned so many calories doing the bedroom cleaning, I actually needed it. I could be kidding myself, of course.

But does that still count as me having a 100% day? I think it does, just about. SS+ still counts, doesn't it? I don't feel like I'm fooling myself about that - in fact, now that I know that it does work to sometimes have an extra shake, I kind of feel like I've had a revelation, LOL. I've always thought that if I had an extra shake, I'd still end up eating other things, but I honestly feel as though that's enough now, as though I've put the right fuel into my body.

So maybe that's the answer - to hold off for 2 hours (LOL, I did it ten minutes at a time - that's 11 times I told myself to wait and see how I felt in ten minutes!) and then, if absolutely necessary, have a 4th shake.

LOL, I cannot believe after 3 and a half years of doing Cambridge, on and off, that I'm still learning how to make it work. But I'm feeling so positive about it at the moment. Mad, I know... :D

Hi Lily.. yes having 4 packs is ss+ and is 100% on the diet... my old cdc also advised me if i was hungry on 3 packs to have a 4th.!

i may try that now u have mentioned it because ive had chicken tonight and im still hungry.. and my silly minds telling me to eat naughty foods..!

well done you for adding more fuel and the 'right' fuel too.

Becks credit is defo... deserved..:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
well done Lily :) credit where credit is due. Hopefully doing all that cleaning has burned some calories, well it had better as I've been sorting out my bedroom, so we can tick that off our to do list and feel very pleased with ourselves :D onwards into tomorrow we go xx

hey lily, glad to see you made it out of your sons room alive! lol

and well done on deciding to have a 4th shake insted of the other stuff

Hi Lily,

The extra shake was the perfect choice. And, it is still a VLCD.

MM

Yes, an extra shake is the perfect choice. :sigh:

Apparently, something inside my head goes "PING - you've cheated!" if I eat chicken instead. Because now I've eaten more than chicken...

It could've been worse, but I can't claim to have had a 100% day.

Well done on getting through it Lily! And credit for having the extra shake, sounds like you've got it sorted!!

I'm doing good thank you. Having a much better day. Whether that's because of the 5-htp or not, who knows? But I'd like to think so. This is going to sound weird, but I woke up in the middle of the night and when I got up to go to the loo, it literally felt as though a weight had been lifted off my head. Well, not a weight exactly - it's hard to describe. But the 'tension' that was there was gone - and it's stayed 'gone'. Coincidence? Placebo effect? Maybe. I've only had one 50mg dose!

But I can tell you exactly where it feels different - on top of the right side of my head. So I looked up what each side of the brain does and found this:

left_vs_right_brain.gif

LOL, so okay - it could be coincidence - but does anyone else find it interesting that the place where the tension has eased is exactly the same place where the brain deals with the 'feelings' side of things? :D

Long may it last, even if it is just a placebo effect. :) It's lovely not to feel stressed to the eyeballs!

Last edited:
Sorry. :( I gave in to the chocolate monster within. Again. :break_diet:
:17729:

I'm not even sure why. I think I was just bored! Bored?? Only boring people get bored! :sigh:

Ho hum, what's done is done. Obviously I just haven't built up enough 5-htp in my system yet... :D

But it wasn't the worst 'off the wagon' moment I've ever had, so I guess that's something.

Weigh in at CWPC's tomorrow... :hitthefan: ...so I expect I'll get a good talking to then... :copon:

Last edited:
Actually, folks - could you give me a dose of tough love? :copon:

Seriously - tell me to buck my ideas up and stop messing about! You're all way too nice to me when I screw up! :psiholog:

I'm going to take myself off to bed now and do my best to dream slim dreams, LOL.

Night all!

:4635:

Aww Hun before u go pass me a large glass with Baileys will ya.. After that other thread LOL.. Some people!! Enough said.

Lily I think your lil slip today is nothing honestly.. So I say go to bed and have a nice sleep!

At least you stopped and didn't go mental! Give yourself credit for that ;)

Make mine a Margarita, it's been a tough morning :p

good luck for weigh in lily :)x

See?? You're wayy too nice!

I think I'm going to need more than luck for weigh in - I'm going to need a significant change in the force of gravity...

And now you've made me want Baileys!

Love you all!

Back