Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

As ever Lily I am glued to your posts and learning as I read. I think because I struggle so much with my health I am always looking for reasons why this and that happens to our bodies. I think there is still a long way to go in finding out about our bodies and obesity, I know people say eat less move more! and of course that is important but I am sure some of us have abit more going on inside :eek: and the psychology bit is a whole different ball game. That's a thread in it's self :)

Morning Lily just need your advice how does Linda spangles and Beck differ from one another please? I have Beck buried somewhere in my bedroom.. but what is this 100 days weight loss plan about? is it worth buying this book to?

Jo.. has got me thinking this morning (in a good way of course):):)

Thank you.. xx:D

*Shanny* said:
Morning Lily just need your advice how does Linda spangles and Beck differ from one another please? I have Beck buried somewhere in my bedroom.. but what is this 100 days weight loss plan about? is it worth buying this book to?

Jo.. has got me thinking this morning (in a good way of course):):)

Thank you.. xx:D

Sorry to but in but yes, you do need it! It's amazing, I found it easier to read and more relevant than Beck the app is called 100 days of weight loss, it's only £3.50. Hope our lovely Lily is well! x

Hi Lily,

I hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend. Congrats on the slow and steady pound a week... I am missing my slow losses. If I had stuck to my plan -- I'd be at goal now. So, I know that if I get back on plan (or find another I can mae work) and go back to my slow steady losses, I'll get there (as will you).

Mel

Stick a fork in me, I'm done... :)

I don't know what came over me. Maybe it was the pitiful Bank Holiday weather. Maybe it was spending the night being woken up at odd intervals by my DS coughing his guts up (yes - he has a cold - and he's being very man-flu with it :D). Maybe it was being woken up at 5.50 by my OH who went off to work (intensive care nurse).

But by 8.30, I was defrosting the freezer. By 10.00, I was clearing out my wardrobe. :eek: I took the pull-everything-out-then-work-out-what-you-want-to-put-back approach. It was probably just as well - there was no way I could chicken out after that. I've thrown out two bulging large bin bags of clothes! And computer boxes to computers that I don't even own anymore!

Next, I finished defrosting the freezer (it took 4 hours :eek:) and set about tidying up the kitchen.

I finally had some lunch at 2.00, tidied up a bit more, decided I'd better have a rest and listened to Marisa's hypnosis CD for half an hour, had a shower (well, I figured it was time I got dressed), did some more kitchen clearing and finally stopped about an hour ago.

I'm knackered! But strangely satisfied, LOL. Quite why I felt the urge to do all that, I have no idea!

Maybe now I'm finally tidying up my mind, I can get on with tidying up our house? :faint2:

Oh - and still no change on the scales. Still stuck on 14st 3lbs. But TOTM arrived today, 3 days early, so maybe that's why? :cross:

Last edited:
Hi Lily --

AWESOME!!!

I have a book that someone gave me as a joke that is entitled, Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat. They thought it was a joke, but it actually isn't.

The author, Peter Walsh, is an expert on decluttering -- and one of his theories is that there is a correlation between being overweight and hoarding. The same sort of insecurities, self-comforting, etc. that cause us to overeat, lead us to cling to possessions. It is an interesting read.

I bought his first (best selling decluttering book) and am using that to help myself with this process!

So BIG CREDIT on the clearing and cleaning!

And a STS is still a victory in my book!

Mel

Ahh yes I love productive days, I get so much done! TThose scales will move lily! Apparently the average weight gain for totm is 4 pounds so you never know you may have actually LOST 4 pounds it's just that damn water retention showing on the scales :)

STS....hormonal. You know it. I know it. They know it. We know it.

You must be mentally miles lighter after all that clearing out.

Bet you any money you see. 4 lb loss when your hormones do a runner......

Wonder woman xxx

Bet you any money you see. 4 lb loss when your hormones do a runner......

Well, I found 72p at the bottom of the wardrobe. I s'pose I could risk a flutter... :D

Oh, 4 pounds would be wonderful! That would take me back under 14st. I could really use seeing 13st 13lbs again. :cross:

Okay, picture it, Lily. Do a Sarah Lou - and use the power of the mind. Picture your body getting lighter and the scales saying 13st 13lbs. :scale:

13st 13lbs... 13st 13lbs...

Last edited:
Dear Universe, give Lily them numbers she craves. Make me right. Then she will forever be indebted to me and never move her diary....

Now, universe I know we aren't supposed to like ask for stuff for other people that will meet our own needs as well, but if you could just whack Lily's scales down for Wednesday morning I will shower you with thanks.

Yours gratefully

MJ, a mere earthling

Dear MissyJo --

Lily will not move THIS diary... she started another on the gold forum. So, up your posts and join us there. Play the Song Game -- as Alli can tell you it very addictive. About 3,000 of my posts are probably from that! ;)

Mel

Dear MissyJo --

Lily will not move THIS diary... she started another on the gold forum. So, up your posts and join us there. Play the Song Game -- as Alli can tell you it very addictive. About 3,000 of my posts are probably from that! ;)

Mel

Good cos I live in fear, lol. Talk about hanging on someone's apron strings, lol. What is the song game MM?? Xx

Go Lily you lean mean cleaning machine you :D

@MissyJo --

A way to rapdily up your posts is to go under "Chit Chat" and play some games. The Song Game thread is usually pretty active. what you do is post of song title that uses one of the words from the previous post's title. For Example:

"Me and My Shadow" could be posted

Then you could post "Knowing Me, Knowing You"

And, then someone could post "Only You"

And then you could post "Only the Lonely"

You can see how your posts would add up fast.

http://www.minimins.com/chit-chat/91592-song-game.html

Mel

Hee hee....thanks Mel ....what those posts fly up xx

@MissyJo -- But be warned... the song game is very addictive.

Mel

So - you been playing that game, Jo? :D If not, why not? Too busy Spangling, huh? ;)

I've got a cold. Whinge. :cry: Whine. Thanks DS. :rolleyes: I kind of hoped my new healthy diet would help ward off bugs - I hardly ever had any bugs while on Cambridge - but alas, this one must be a tough beastie.

Never mind. 'Tis only a cold. I've been drinking lots of fluids like a good girl to flush it all out. Actually, there's been one hell of a lot of flushing today... Missy Jo, you know you sent up that prayer-y type thing that I'd lose 4 pounds? I think my body decided that today would be the day it let go of all the cr*p. Quite literally. :D

TMI, right? LOL, sorry. :)

I ache like crazy after all my cleaning exercise yesterday! But it feels so good to have actually achieved something for once. :)

Hope y'all have had a good day. May you all have sweet n' slimming dreams!

Back