Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

My lips are sealed pet! *splutter*

Lol. You're cracking me up. Love you girlies! Xx

Honestly with all that talk of uranus and cogs, its a wonder the thought police dont get called in. I feel like I died and woke up in Belgium :)

On the subject of cogs and boxes (ahem) I now have 2 sets!!! Its a disease I tell you. I have started to take the mean average between salter and hanson x.333 and I seem to get the weight my Consultant gets when she weighs me (which is always a good 2lb above what I make it - and no I am NOT in denial)

Honestly with all that talk of uranus and cogs, its a wonder the thought police dont get called in. I feel like I died and woke up in Belgium :)

On the subject of cogs and boxes (ahem) I now have 2 sets!!! Its a disease I tell you. I have started to take the mean average between salter and hanson x.333 and I seem to get the weight my Consultant gets when she weighs me (which is always a good 2lb above what I make it - and no I am NOT in denial)

No, no, no - you're good. That's not denial, that's not obsession - that's maths. :D

Good grief. I thought I had problems... ;)

OMG you ladies... hummm maybe ladies isn't quite right... you are cracking me up. I cannot believe that Bettie is using two scales and taking the average! LOL

Anyway, I am very tired... I did a Lily workout yesterday and spent hours rearraging and moving furniture, vacuuming behind bookshelves, etc. I am moving along with my big clean and clear out -- and am tackling my DD's bedroom, our small extra bedroom (used as a media/ironing room), and DH's and My closets (wardrobes).

I have made good progress but am no where near done... but I can see the light and that is because after rearranging DD's bedroom I can get to her windows and wash them!

Mel

No! noooooooooooooooo! You have a mathematical formula? Hopeless case. I can't salvage you. Too far gone.

I was thinking of inventing some shoes that weigh you. They could have a little dial on the Mary Jane strap. Like those pathfinder shoes that (stupidly) had a compass in the sole.

Think this concept could migrate into reality??

No! noooooooooooooooo! You have a mathematical formula? Hopeless case. I can't salvage you. Too far gone.

I was thinking of inventing some shoes that weigh you. They could have a little dial on the Mary Jane strap. Like those pathfinder shoes that (stupidly) had a compass in the sole.

Think this concept could migrate into reality??

Oh defo, I feel an episode of dragons den coming on. But they would have to be a bit glam, not like those sketchers shape-ups which look like you are walking on a wedge if cheese...ooops did I mention cheese???

Oh defo, I feel an episode of dragons den coming on. But they would have to be a bit glam, not like those sketchers shape-ups which look like you are walking on a wedge if cheese...ooops did I mention cheese???

I have those blooming sketchers....they are so grim!!! Lmao. They make one feel frumpy in the extreme.

Speaking of cheese, what is it La Spangle says about it being puss? Did I read that right the other day when you were talking about cake being cattle feed with puss on it??

Its marissa peers!! I am indoctrinated with that woman's views of dairy...

Lily - I am so glad that you have made me feel less psychotic for taking a mathmatical approach to scales and weighing. It is slightly obsessive, but since you say its ok, I believe it! :)

Its marissa peers!! I am indoctrinated with that woman's views of dairy...

Lily - I am so glad that you have made me feel less psychotic for taking a mathmatical approach to scales and weighing. It is slightly obsessive, but since you say its ok, I believe it! :)

Always glad to be of service, blossom x :D

Yes but who puss?? Explain the concept to me pleeeeeeeez. Am fixated.

Hi Lily,

I hope you had a good weekend -- I am pretty sure I burned a lot of extra calories trying to keep warm (I refused to let my Dh turn the heat on... it is June for heaven's sake!)

Mel

She says milk is pus from cows filled with blood & cow growth hormones and that grains are cattle feed, made for getting cows fat. And that cake is cattle feed or glue (flour & water) filled with pus. And ice cream is frozen pus. I could go on... :rolleyes: Pretty nasty!

Hope you have a lovely day Lily! :D

If you listen to her say it on the hypno download its truly SCARY!!! That said I just switched to soya milk, tofu ice cream and made cake without wheat flour (yes it can be done with soya flour too!) The power of my stubborn mind!

If you listen to her say it on the hypno download its truly SCARY!!! That said I just switched to soya milk, tofu ice cream and made cake without wheat flour (yes it can be done with soya flour too!) The power of my stubborn mind!

LOL. So you didn't listen to/read what she has to say about sugar and artificial sweeteners then? The bit about sugar being a chemical you don't need? The bit about artificial sweeteners being made in a plant, not from a plant?

I'm right off both (well, nearly. I still need a sweetener in a cup of coffee). But cake without sweetness is pointless, really. I did order some Stevia but I wasn't convinced it was much cop. Definitely didn't work as a substitute for sweetener in my coffee. :(

She says milk is pus from cows filled with blood & cow growth hormones and that grains are cattle feed, made for getting cows fat. And that cake is cattle feed or glue (flour & water) filled with pus. And ice cream is frozen pus. I could go on... :rolleyes: Pretty nasty!

Ohhhhh... :D I couldn't work out why Jo was asking about cats... She meant pus, not puss...

Thanks, Carla. It might've been a while before I figured that out. :)

I can feel a deep and meaningful philosophical post coming on...

When is a calorie not a calorie? I've been doing lots of reading lately (because I'm always doing lots of reading - maybe if I got off my butt more often, it wouldn't be quite so large...).

I won't get too far into this right now, cos I've got more reading to do. But the other day, I read something that really made me think - and I can't help but think that it's almost certainly true.

It doesn't matter what you eat - it matters what you digest.

'Conventional wisdom' (and just about every diet book in the world) would have us believe that if you cut your calorie intake over the course of a week by 3,500 calories, you will shed a pound in weight. Conversely, the idea goes if you eat 3,500 calories more over the course of a week than your body requires, you will gain a pound.

I've even spouted stuff like this here in my diary. I've told other people this stuff too - and quite recently (because I believed it at the time).

But now I'm not so sure. Because 'conventional wisdom' isn't at all scientific. It doesn't even work - anyone who's done a low carb diet and shed weight eating in excess of 2,000 calories a day knows it can't be right. And those people who sit around eating 10,000 calories more a day more than they need - they don't gain 3 pounds a day, do they?

It's going to take a while to get my head around this stuff - but maybe I'll start posting it once I do...

:thinking2:

Last edited:
Lily - firstly nice one for noticing my skewed logic and how it omited to accept that sweetener is the devil (actually I know it deep down I just chose to ignore that too, especially when coke zero and malitol are such staple items on my survival list right about now) :D

Secondly - this is some serious insight sister!!! My dad once went on something which was low carb/atkins esque. He would consume massses of cream, butter, cheese, eggs, red meat daily and he would lose on average 4lb a week! It was crazy, in line with that was also that he would take high doses of EFA's and I mean about 2000mgs a day of flax and fish oils. He also looked really healthy!!!

So getting back to your question about when is a calorie not a calorie, I also have often mused this, and there are some simple facts that we know marissa peers also knows, especially about empty carbs, so those that have no nutritional value, like wheatie treaties!!! And the sugar monster...

Ohh I am quite excited you are going to read up on this, because I want to know the real answer :)

Hi Lily,

Eeeewwwww on the Miss Marisa... I think I'll give her a pass. I am not a big fan of negative reinforcement.

I'd rather use Beck's Credit -- and feel good when I make the right choices.

I hope you are having a good day.

Mel

Back