Lily's Lyrical Lollop. Destination: Land's End...

I agree with Jo.. so pleased you are happy back in the 13's is a massive achievement Lily.. xxx :) :):)

That'll confuse peeps... :D

Just to explain, I did a sneaky weigh this morning and saw 13st 13lbs (I actually saw 13st 12lbs to start with but did that stupid get off and get on again thing :rolleyes:)

But hey, I'm back in the 13s! :bliss:

*Shanny* said:
PMSL... yep i found that pound for sure Mel.. lol i will soon be passing it on this week lol.. funny x

Don't pass it this way :p

Lily, 13's!!!? Woohooo :D :banana:

I need cheering up, guys. I'm not ashamed to beg. It's been a cr*p week so far. Monday - I wound up being taken to A&E by ambulance after a very public and very violent reaction to a dodgy can of tuna :eek:, yesterday I spent mostly in bed, sleeping, and today I've been in a meeting and feeling like I don't know what I'm doing (quite probably because I don't!).

Anyone know any good jokes? Please? They say laughter is the best medicine...

Last edited:
Aww, poor you! I thought you'd just abandoned us for your gold diary :(

Nathan's favorite joke is what wobbles in the sky?

A jellycopter :)

Aww, poor you! I thought you'd just abandoned us for your gold diary :(

No-o-o! :( I've just not been my usual 'put a positive spin on the sh*te' self lately. Need to get back to listening to Marisa's 'Ultimate Confidence' audio track again, or something. Just feel like I'm pedalling backwards at the moment.

Nathan's favorite joke is what wobbles in the sky?

A jellycopter :)

Aw, cute! :D

Why is that you can Tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish?

This couple had identical twin sons -- identical that is, except for their personalities. They were very concerned about how different these two were... one was unrealistically optomisitic and other was so negative: a total pessimist.

They took the boys to be assessed at a leading research university. The psychiatrists put the pessimist in a room full of the most incredible selection of toys imaginable. The boy carefully made his way through the maze of toys (careful to touch nothing) and settled in the corner and sat not moving with his head down for the entire hour that he was in the room.

When he was removed from the room he was asked, "Why didn't you play with any of the toys?" The pessimist replied, "I just knew that if I touched one toy it would break, and my parents would have to pay for it, then they wouldn't have the money to pay the mortgage and we would end up homeless, etc." He burst into tears at just the thought of this potential disaster.

Next, the researchers placed the optomist in a room filled with horse manure. The optomist stood there for a moment, took a deep breath and then his whole face lit up. He dove right into the massive pile of sh*t and started tossing it in the air, running around the room, digging though it, etc. This went on for the whole hour!

When he was taken out of the room, he was asked, "What were you thinking? You were playing in a pile of sh*t. You are covered with it. You've ruined your clothes." The optomist replied, "Can I go back there? Please! I just know with all that manure... there has got to be a pony in there somewhere!"

Lily,

I hope that you feel well enough soon to start digging through all the sh*t in order to find that pony!

Mel

Why is that you can Tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish?

Ooooh. Still too close to the knuckle. I think I may be scarred forever...

This couple had identical twin sons -- identical that is, except for their personalities. They were very concerned about how different these two were... one was unrealistically optomisitic and other was so negative: a total pessimist.

They took the boys to be assessed at a leading research university. The psychiatrists put the pessimist in a room full of the most incredible selection of toys imaginable. The boy carefully made his way through the maze of toys (careful to touch nothing) and settled in the corner and sat not moving with his head down for the entire hour that he was in the room.

When he was removed from the room he was asked, "Why didn't you play with any of the toys?" The pessimist replied, "I just knew that if I touched one toy it would break, and my parents would have to pay for it, then they wouldn't have the money to pay the mortgage and we would end up homeless, etc." He burst into tears at just the thought of this potential disaster.

Next, the researchers placed the optomist in a room filled with horse manure. The optomist stood there for a moment, took a deep breath and then his whole face lit up. He dove right into the massive pile of sh*t and started tossing it in the air, running around the room, digging though it, etc. This went on for the whole hour!

When he was taken out of the room, he was asked, "What were you thinking? You were playing in a pile of sh*t. You are covered with it. You've ruined your clothes." The optomist replied, "Can I go back there? Please! I just know with all that manure... there has got to be a pony in there somewhere!"

Lily,

I hope that you feel well enough soon to start digging through all the sh*t in order to find that pony!

Mel

LOL, I'll get my shovel. Thanks Mel. :thankyou:

Just popped in to say hello. Found your diary through post's on Jo's. Loving your posts and was engrossed by your journey. Very similar start myself with finding the motivation to actually comitt to diet. So reading your dilemas really helped. Marissa was not the way for me, though reading the book was very enlightening. Glad it is working for you though, great when you find something that you can get on with it.
Linda Spangle's book now that is something I am getting on with. Well the ap anyway. So thanks to both you and Jo for that tip. :)

Hope you are feeling better and the humiliation of public display of illness passes.

It amazes me how many people have read Marisa - I'd never even heard of the woman! To be honest, I've been leaning towards the Zoe Harcombe end of eating over the last week or so and not eating so much fruit or nuts. I'm pretty sure that's why my weight's gone down a couple of pounds or 3 this week (tomorrow's official weight in). Hard to tell really, cos by Tuesday morning I was 13st 10lbs (hmm, wonder why... :rolleyes:) but it'd bounced back up again to 13st 12lbs by this morning. But I'd be happy if that's what I weigh in at tomorrow - that'd be a 2 pounds loss this week.

And I'm back in the 13s - I was beginning to think I'd never see them again, LOL. I think 14st 2lbs-ish is a 'set point' for me (for those of you who aren't familiar with set point theory, set points are those weights at which you maintained for a while during the period that you were gaining weight. I think 13st 4lbs-ish will be another one - but we'll see. Just really happy to be 13st anything, frankly. :D

Well done Lily, you've done amazingly well and shown that it can be done without Cambridge. :D You seem worlds apart from a few months ago, beating yourself up struggling to make yourself do CD when your heart wasn't in it. You sound really calm and happy :)

Well done Lily, you've done amazingly well and shown that it can be done without Cambridge. :D You seem worlds apart from a few months ago, beating yourself up struggling to make yourself do CD when your heart wasn't in it. You sound really calm and happy :)
I totally totally totally agree with you ,you do sound so much happier and calm, now that your not on CD I hope to feel the same Lily very soon.. Yay to the 13's :) xx

Last edited:
Ooo I dream of being in the 13's. Lowest set point I can remember stating at for a while was in the 13's. 17's are always a bit of a struggle to come out of. So to the 15's. Somehow the bits in-between seem a bit easier.

Well done for avoiding the temptations of the day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Happy weekend, Lily.

I hope you have a lovely one, and next week is a HUGE improvement on the past one.

Mel

Happy weekend, Lily.

I hope you have a lovely one, and next week is a HUGE improvement on the past one.

Mel

LOL, me too! :)

I'm still feeling a bit sore in the tummy region but can't decide whether it's period pain or the other thing (of course TOTM had to show up 3 days early, just to add to my trauma :rolleyes:). You'd think I'd be able to tell the difference, but I can't.

So I wasn't surprised to still see 13st 12lbs this morning (official weigh in) - in fact I was relieved, as I feel quite bloated. So that's 2 pounds down from last week! Yay!

A pound a week really is fine, I've realised (why did it take me so long? :D). Okay, so I won't get to 11st anything until Christmas - but I felt great at 12st 0lb back in 2008. I'm no longer in any hurry. I've wasted too much time and energy worrying about this stuff - no more!

Hope everyone's having a great Saturday! x

AMAZING!!!! The positivity is tangible Lily....you have found your path and are walking it. Go, you. Delighted :)))) x

Back