Lily's New Lease of Life

ooooohhhh - couldn't be doing all that exertion CD - just about manage walking to the car lol

ooooohhhh - couldn't be doing all that exertion CD - just about manage walking to the car lol

have to agree Fitz rofl

Well done Lily for doing all that exercies, you will be doing that walk in no time at all with her.

Glad it is going well for you

Charliexx

You're doing so well hun.

So how was your day? Any more lunchtime marathon walks? x

You're doing so well hun.

Well I was. I haven't exactly been 100% today so now I feel a bit guilty. Still I should remain in ketosis, if nothing else. Probably best not to ask how...

So how was your day? Any more lunchtime marathon walks? x

Actually, I think I may have overdone it today. I suspect we were out for more than an hour, it was freezing cold and snowing a fair bit - and by the time we got back, I felt a li'l bit poorly.

Note to self: overdoing exercise on SS is a really bad idea...

Hey Lily, is the weekend now. How are you doing? Have you got over your blip? When is WI for you, can't remember. I get so excited for everyones WI's lol

Charlie

Thanks for asking, Charlie. :)

It was kind of yesterday but after my blip and tummy wobbles was 'only' 5 pounds. All for things considered, that's not so bad, I s'pose, but I'm still feeling rubbish and like I could cave at any moment!

Hope your weekend's going well!

DON'T YOU DARE SAY 'ONLY' AND YES I AM SHOUTING AT YOU MRS!!!!!

5lb is fantastic Lily, you know that really. Think of all those calories you had to burn off to get that loss. And if nothing else cheers you up, just remember that could have been a 5lb gain if you hadn't been doing the plan and just eating rubbish.

You are doing grand lady, please stay strong and if you need to nibble, then nibble on the correct things.

You know where I am if you need to rant hunni

Charlie xx

How's it going hun? x

How am I doing? :)

Er...

I'll be back on Day 1 tomorrow. :sigh:

I tried, I really tried, to keep going during whatever bug it was I had last week. If it'd just been the sicky/other endy stuff, I think I might just have made it, but it was the godawful tiredness that came after it. I haven't felt like that in a long, long time.

Long story short, I ate in a desperate attempt to feel better. And it worked, though I guess even if I hadn't eaten, I'd probably have felt better in around the same time.

I've written and deleted a paragraph here now about 3 times, cos all it sounds like is another excuse, me trying to justify why I did it. But then I thought about what advice I might give someone else in my situation... and came up with this:

*_________________________________*

That's me drawing a line, in case it wasn't obvious. :)

I feel a lot better now so there's no more excuses to be made. My tummy is no longer making noises like it's trying to digest a scabby horse. And besides, it's the 13th tomorrow. Seems like a good day to start again to me. :D

I've spent a while this last couple of days, arguing with myself about doing CD. Cos there are other ways to lose weight, aren't there? God knows, I think I must've tried nearly all of them. So why do CD? Why not some other 'sensible eating plan'?

And it comes down to this. I'm fed up with being overweight. I'm fed up with my joints hurting, of feeling more tired than I should. And I could take a year or so to lose the weight - or I could do it in half the time, that is, doing Cambridge.

One thing I have learned, having lurked extensively all over Minimins, is that losing the weight is the easy bit. So the sooner I get to the bit where the real head work begins - maintenance - the better, it seems to me.

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm trying really hard to change my mindset from 'losing weight' to 'finding healthy Lily', but I haven't quite managed to figure out how to do it yet. It turns out that's quite a tall order, after a lifetime of watching the numbers on the scales go up and down.

All anyone wants to know is how much weight you've lost, it seems to me. They don't want to know how healthy you feel, LOL. I think people might look at you as if you were mad if you said you were embarking on a diet but blithely informed them that you had no intention of finding out what you weighed...

I honestly don't know how to change the focus, to be honest. There's a great thread here about doing a diet for the second (or umpteenth) time:http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-.../449-why-soooo-different-2nd-time-around.html and I've read it over and over. But I still don't quite know how you actually get from being preoccupied with what you see on the scales to focusing on what should really be your desired outcome - the new, slim you.

Maybe it's because I've never been slim. I can't picture it. :confused:

So I guess I'm just going to have to carry on faking it until I make it...

I do know someone who did diet & didn't know what they weighed - had a docs appt - told she needed to lose some weight but told the doc she didnt want to know what she actually weighed - off she went - started watching what she ate, added a bit of excersise -3 months later went back to docs & had lost 2 stone - she & the docs were well pleased & she said it actually took no effort really, she just made a few changes - didn't stress from week to week, didn't even own scales - just kinda went with it !!

hugs hun. Have only skimmed through your last message as I have brain ache from night duty. I will read and reply properly later.

Love and hugs xx

Lily I think the health thing comes along as you lose weight. Once moving is easier, making it even easier becomes more desirable. So I wouldn't worry about why you are doing it. If you want to do it - do it!

My focus is health but I love watching those scales go down.

I've always been told that I think too much.

I think you're the same hun. You're thinking wayyyy too much about the diet instead of just doing it and embracing the loss. Once you shed those pounds, life will generally get easier, with moving etc. Your joints wont be just as sore anymore, that'll make you happier about it.

Just because you've never been slim doesn't mean you wont get there. You will hun, you just need to rid all these horrible demons. YOU WILL GET THERE.

Cambridge is good for me because I always want everything NOW. I hate waiting for things. Cambridge will get me those results and then I can work back up the plans to a healthier me. I never used to eat the junk I did now. I didn't even have a takeaway until I was 18 and then it went wrong. I love pretty much all the fruits except Kiwi. I don't want to be like this anymore, feeling like a rubbish bin and waking up feeling like I've not slept.

I really want to be a healthier person with glowing skin.

This is what you need to be thinking hun. You need to think about all the things you'll be happier about doing once you shed the weight.

People only care about figures because that's easiest. No one assumes how hard it is on your body being overweight.

My friend is 18, shes had a bad heart since birth and had a leaky valve. She's now working her way up the stones. I think she must be 16st. She doesn't care about her body or how she feels. She doesn't care about the stress shes putting on her heart. All she cares about is if she looks good. Shes a pretty girl and that's all I can say now as she's lost her figure and resembles a meringue.

I hope I've not offended you or anyone in this thread, but once thing I pride myself on is being 100% honest so people know where they stand. It's why I'm considered such a good friend.

You'll only lose weight if you want to. Otherwise you'll keep slipping up.

If you're like me and you think too much. Sit down, realise if you do actually want to lose weight and get on with it. I'm personally fed up of putting it off. Fed up of 'I'll start tomorrow'.

Best of luck with restart tomorrow hun.

Hope you have a good day hun. x x

How am I doing? :)

Er...

I'll be back on Day 1 tomorrow. :sigh:

I tried, I really tried, to keep going during whatever bug it was I had last week. If it'd just been the sicky/other endy stuff, I think I might just have made it, but it was the godawful tiredness that came after it. I haven't felt like that in a long, long time.

Long story short, I ate in a desperate attempt to feel better. And it worked, though I guess even if I hadn't eaten, I'd probably have felt better in around the same time.

I've written and deleted a paragraph here now about 3 times, cos all it sounds like is another excuse, me trying to justify why I did it. But then I thought about what advice I might give someone else in my situation... and came up with this:

*_________________________________*

That's me drawing a line, in case it wasn't obvious. :)

I feel a lot better now so there's no more excuses to be made. My tummy is no longer making noises like it's trying to digest a scabby horse. And besides, it's the 13th tomorrow. Seems like a good day to start again to me. :D

I've spent a while this last couple of days, arguing with myself about doing CD. Cos there are other ways to lose weight, aren't there? God knows, I think I must've tried nearly all of them. So why do CD? Why not some other 'sensible eating plan'?

And it comes down to this. I'm fed up with being overweight. I'm fed up with my joints hurting, of feeling more tired than I should. And I could take a year or so to lose the weight - or I could do it in half the time, that is, doing Cambridge.

One thing I have learned, having lurked extensively all over Minimins, is that losing the weight is the easy bit. So the sooner I get to the bit where the real head work begins - maintenance - the better, it seems to me.

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm trying really hard to change my mindset from 'losing weight' to 'finding healthy Lily', but I haven't quite managed to figure out how to do it yet. It turns out that's quite a tall order, after a lifetime of watching the numbers on the scales go up and down.

All anyone wants to know is how much weight you've lost, it seems to me. They don't want to know how healthy you feel, LOL. I think people might look at you as if you were mad if you said you were embarking on a diet but blithely informed them that you had no intention of finding out what you weighed...

I honestly don't know how to change the focus, to be honest. There's a great thread here about doing a diet for the second (or umpteenth) time:http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-.../449-why-soooo-different-2nd-time-around.html and I've read it over and over. But I still don't quite know how you actually get from being preoccupied with what you see on the scales to focusing on what should really be your desired outcome - the new, slim you.

Maybe it's because I've never been slim. I can't picture it. :confused:

So I guess I'm just going to have to carry on faking it until I make it...
I agree with so much of what you said about health vs losing weight, and as a numbers geek at the best of times, I really got sucked into focussing on the numbers the first time around. Then I took a step back.

Do you know the saying 'utilise, not analyse?'. I think a heck of a lot too and I think some people think more than others which is okay - it's overthinking that used to be the problem for me. Getting stuck in the problem and not the solution. So thinking is good providing you make the most of it.

I can ramble for England some days in my thread. I just want to thought dump all the crap going on in my head and once it's out on paper, I wonder why I've written it all but I know once it's out of my head, then it's usually out of my mind too. I can then see what is going on is either minor, in which case I know I can move on, or there's something I need to work on.

I've not read your whole thread but from the last post realise you've been down this path before. I was really really tired in those first few days too and to have a cold at the same time would have been a nightmare. Hopefully your cold has gone now and you can start with a better mindset. C'mon Lily - you can do this. :)

Where are you ?
Hope you are ok xx:)

I'm here - back on Day 1 (okay, the 13th didn't quite work... ;)), and doing good - only just had my first shake at 2.00pm. :eek:

I promised my CDC faithfully that I'd stop messing about and just get on with it today.

So I am. :D

I'm writing this on a train and keep losing the connection, but I'll check back in a bit later to report. :)

Thanks for the support, all of you. I really don't deserve it, all the faffing about I've done... :)

Thanks for the support, all of you. I really don't deserve it, all the faffing about I've done... :)

Yes you do. Don't be daft. If this diet was easy EVERYONE would be on it. Just put your head down and get to Day 4. Everything will be fine by Day 4.

Right.

I did it (again) :D Day 1 is done (again). Thanks in no small part to the jolly good talking to I got from my CDC last night - and of course, to all the continuing support and inspiration from you wonderful folk reading this.

Realised a few things actually. First of all, that Becca (NumNums) is absolutely right - I think too much. And in thinking so much, I managed to come up with a justification for not getting on with the plan (can anyone tell I've been reading Gillian Riley? :))

My CDC - a wonderful, fantastic lady who continues to put up with my shenanigans with remarkable patience and persistence - told me last night that she'd love to see me get to goal this year. We re-evaluated my goal and actually set it a little higher, meaning that I need to lose 4 stones to get there. And weird though it sounds, it's made all the difference in the world to how I'm feeling. She pointed out that by the end of May, I could be there - or almost there.

Now that really doesn't seem that far away, somehow - and more the point, it actually sounds achievable. For the first time in ages, I'm believing it's possible.

Hmm... Some kind of breakthrough, methinks? :D

Back