Lily's New Lease of Life

Lily

Gold Member
Hi everybody

After spending the best part of a year bouncing between thirteen and fourteen stones something (and bouncing is the word), I'm back - and this time, I'm promising myself right here, right now, to stay the course (I lost something like five stones on CD between 2007 and 2008 and have put back three of them :doh:)

I've tried all the other diets and nothing works for me like Cambridge works for me. I need the abstinance phase. I need to take food out of the equation for now. Bottom line - I need to lose 5 stones (which is a bit of a shock, cos I've been telling people all Christmas that I was going to lose 4 stones in 2010. Whoops...)

So, I'm back. I'm on Day 1, having weighed in at 15 st and 1 lb this morning. :sign0007:

There, I've written it in black and white so there's no hiding from the truth, LOL.

I'm going to be spending an awful lot of time on these boards in the next few days and weeks - and I'm really looking forward to meeting new friends (and maybe catching up with old ones, if there's anyone around who still remembers me?).

Here's to a much slimmer 2010! :happy036:

Last edited:
hey lily, welcome back to cambridge, you will be just fine, plenty of us joining you back on the wagon this weekend
come join us on the daily thread for a bit of a natter and to keep on track

Hi Lily

I have just posted a thread about me "last ditch attempt"...
I am all new to this-never done anything like it but I am hoping that in those "Oh I could actually eat a bakery right now" moments I can come on here and get some support!!
I have been going on and on about losing 3stone for about 2 years now-but other than losing a stone at most, nothing has really come of it. I am so down as none of my clothes fit me and I just can't come to terms with buying bigger sized clothes!!
I am really hopeful that this diet will work..
Laura
x

Hi Lily I am re-starting today after my christmas break, I took Christmas day and boxing day off, my problem is not the actual main meals it's the nibbles!! :eek: had far too many choc's.. I weigh the same as you so well done for writing it down in black and white!! you helped me face the music.. good luck and I look forward to being a skinny mini in 2010.. I will be on this side alot more now I need the motivation! :)

Hi
I am starting CD tomorrow & weigh almost the same as you - but I am much shorter :( - I have a diary on Members Only - be lovely to see you if you drop by
Good luck to you - we can do this x

Good luck, i had the same start weight as you and here i am at goal....the hard work is so worth it.
You sound like you're in the zone and i wish you well.

Aw, thanks guys - you've all been lovely.

Unfortunately... :eek:

I didn't quite make it through Day 1. Turns out there was still too much in the fridge, grrrr - stuff I couldn't resist eating, useless creature that I am.

So...

I'm going to try for another Day 1 tomorrow. The extra food I had today made me feel awful, to be quite honest, not just because I felt rubbish about not keeping my promise to myself, but because I'm just fed up with feeling nauseous. I wish I could bottle the way I feel right now, so that in weak moments, I could whip out the bottle and take a sniff. :)

I'm not giving up. No way. I'm going to keep hammering away at this until I make it!

Well done to everyone who has managed to get back on track today.

Hey
Today is as good a day as any - make it day 1 with me - we can encourage each other !!
Monday is always a good day as when we wake up & see those fab results it will make a dull monday soo much better xx

Last night I threw away nearly a whole tin of celebrations - I had them for an xmas present & wasn't even going to open them.Saw the use by date was february 2010 so ate a few & chucked the rest - figured that I wouldn't be eating them before February & if I did it would only be in me like a human dustbin so in the wheelie bin they went !!! Go Me - Girl Power lol !!!

Hiya Lily,
its a tough time to start, so dont beat yourself up about caving in! theres sooo much food about and left over.. my friend took a few attempts to start, day after day, but in the end did it and got to her target, and is now sucessfully maintaining, so I guess the long term is more important that the way you start... as long as you do start and stick with it!
best of luck!

good luck .......... jump aboard the diet train !! fitz it's my first day today ....xx

Hi Lily, good luck with the restart. Bin the nibbles in the fridge lol - you can do it xx.

Hi Lilly,

All the very best with your restart hun!

I am still on my break for Christmas, but will be back to strictly ss on 30th Dec - I can't wait! Only got a fraction of my overall weightloss to loose and I'm soooooo excited that i'll be at goal in 2010 and slim for summer! I'm sure that will be the case for you too hun.

Looking forward to getting to know you and watching your successes with CD :)

Hugs x x x

Hi everyone,
Mind if I start back with you? I am nearly at the end of day 1. Always manage days 1-3 and break around day 4! Reckon its going to take me about 16 weeks - hoping sooner, but have 4 stone to lose.
Good luck everybody!
A x

Corse you can :)
I've 1 more packet to go tonight then thats day 1 done !

LOL, see now I feel really guilty. Didn't manage to get started yesterday either.

However...

I'm starting today. Really. And as an added and completely undeserved bonus, I weigh a pound less and now weigh in at exactly 15 stones. I'm seeing my CDC tomorrow for more supplies and I don't have to go back to work until next Monday, so I don't have any excuses whatsoever now, do I?

And just to remind myself of something - no one's forcing me to do this! This is my choice, my decision. I want to look gorgeous by next summer and this is the quickest way for me to get there! The supermarkets aren't going to stop selling all the food I like eating - it'll still be there (for me to eat in moderation when I've finished my slimming journey).

Roll on ketosis!

And thanks everyone here - again - for being so fantastically supportive. I couldn't believe how many people had posted to this thread when I checked back in today. To everyone who's just started back or is about to get started, we can do this! :D :D

Good luck hunni - I am half way through day 2. Not starving - but FREEZING! Roll on first stone! 1/4 the way there..... cant wait!
Come on Lily.... meet you in Ketosis x

LOL, thanks hun. Well done on Day 2 - I'm so jealous you've made it that far already!

Bring on that ketosis fairy! :D

Back