Lindsay's motivation kicker!

Phoned the doctor this morning and have been given a prescription of tranexamic acid for my heavy periods. Will see how that goes. It's going to be such a palava to get though. The doctors is at the other end of town and I have no car!

Have got permission from my boss to leave at 5, instead of 5.30 to get down there. It's gonna cost me a bloody fortune in taxis. GRR. Thankfully there's a bus from outside the doctors I can take to get home...but I work in the middle of nowhere and the nearest bus stop is over a mile away so NEED to taxi there.

Feeling kinda shitty today - in a vile mood. Thought I was keeping it to myself, but have had countless colleagues ask me what's up.

GRR!

Hope you're feeling a bit better today Lindsday and you managed to get your prescription ok last night (sounds like a palava indeed!).

Here's to a good exante day!!

x

Feel like absolute crap today. Itching for an argument, moody and feeling rather low. I don't think it helps with the weather being so crap at the moment, all dreary, wet and grey.

Friends, understandably, staying clear of me today because of my mood - snapped at one of them this morning un-necessarily but can't bring myself to apologise. See what I mean about my mood?

Urgh.

Think an early night tonight is in order. Had plans this evening of doing a load of washing, going to the gym and starting my new series of One Tree Hill which arrived in yesterday's post. But I honestly can't be arsed with any of it now.

Hey messy, dnt fret we all av shi* dys!
Hope 2dy wz much beta hun

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sending ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) your way! You are doing great and some days are going to be worse than others - keep at it :)

Well what a ***** weekend that was :(

I've been SO ill it's unbelievable. Period pains that actually kept me awake...couldn't move, very sore/tender boobs and just yucky. I've NEVER had painful periods so it's all new to me. Even ibuprofen wasn't touching it.

Lying down was worse, felt like a horrendous pressure on my stomach and was just agonising. It even got to the stage where I had to call NHS Direct I was so uncomfortable. The lady on the other end of the phone basically said it sounded like bad period pains and not to worry. That reassured me, but was still in agony.

Didn't sleep a wink from Friday until Sunday...though thankfully last night I slept through the whole of the night. Still in pain today but can't afford to take a day off work so am here...will see how I get on.

Couldn't get out of the house to weigh in yesterday, so i've no idea how i've done. Won't be able to weigh in now til next Sunday (due to having no scales at home and Boots being shut before I finish work!!).

messyfreckle said:
Well what a ***** weekend that was :(

I've been SO ill it's unbelievable. Period pains that actually kept me awake...couldn't move, very sore/tender boobs and just yucky. I've NEVER had painful periods so it's all new to me. Even ibuprofen wasn't touching it.

Lying down was worse, felt like a horrendous pressure on my stomach and was just agonising. It even got to the stage where I had to call NHS Direct I was so uncomfortable. The lady on the other end of the phone basically said it sounded like bad period pains and not to worry. That reassured me, but was still in agony.

Didn't sleep a wink from Friday until Sunday...though thankfully last night I slept through the whole of the night. Still in pain today but can't afford to take a day off work so am here...will see how I get on.

Couldn't get out of the house to weigh in yesterday, so i've no idea how i've done. Won't be able to weigh in now til next Sunday (due to having no scales at home and Boots being shut before I finish work!!).

Hiya messy

Sounds like your having a sh!t time of it atm. Hope you feel better soon chick xx

So i've been off plan the last few days. Since being so ill on Sunday, I've felt 'off' all week. Found it very difficult to stay awake and upright. I don't know if it's the periods or what it is, but I called doctor and was told it's nothing to worry about, but told me to grab some iron tablets in case I get anaemic from the bleeding. This is my first day back at work all week as i've just felt like crap.

Went off plan kinda majorly...when i'm ill I crave soup and comfort stuff like that. Lived off Heinz tomato soup, with bread to dip, bananas, and spinach omlettes.

Bad, I know... but i've felt soo poorly I feel it kinda couldn't be helped.

I am, however, determined to get back on plan. I had my shake this morning, and will be having my bar shortly and another shake for dinner with an early night to combat the hunger pains!

Weigh in on Sunday. Am kinda dreading it, but kinda not. I know I will have put on, if not from the eating, then from the period bloatedness and fluid retention. But at least when I weigh in it's recorded, and I can put it behind me, accept the loss and get on with the plan.

Hopefully i'll start feeling better soon. My parents go on holiday at the beginning of September, so if i'm still not better by then, I'll have their car to be able to get to the doctors and get checked over.

It's doing my nut in. x

Lindsay really hope you are feeling loads better. Don't worry about weigh in hun . Just focus in getting well first xxxx

Thanks hun.

Finally got myself back on the bandwagon over the weekend. Feeling slightly better, but coz of the girlie problems i'm having (STILL), the gym and 30 day shred are a no-go. I seriously feel as though I can't even move without 'flooding', let alone move energetically!!

But hey ho - i'm back with the diet 100%, and that's all that matters x

Yeah so my 100% stint didn't go well. Ended up going into hospital for some ongoing ear/nose/throat troubles and had to come off the diet. Finally was given the ok by my surgeon to go back on today as I'm healing nicely.

So today I really am back on the bandwagon.

I've my baby brother's wedding in 5 weeks time so wanna lose what I can for then.

Also helps that what with bills etc next month, il have no money left to spend on food so will have to follow plan 100%!!

Blah blah blah...it's been a while since i've been on here. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I kinda lost my mojo.

Almost 1 year on, and i'm contemplating going back on Exante. I did love the results I got last time, even if I did only stick with it for a short while. We'll see...

Going to dig out the Beck book tonight and have a look through, and then have a proper serious talk with myself to see if I have the willpower to go through Exante again.

I think I need to. We'll see.

So i've literally, seconds ago, just clicked 'confirm order' on the Exante website.

Eeeeeeek. What have I done!? Am I really seriously ready to do this again? I want to, I know that, I just am not sure my mind is quite as convinced. But oh well, it's too late now. The order is in and i'm not wasting that amount of money and not doing it 100%.

I've still got a few packs left from last time around, so I think a quick trip to Tesco is in order tonight for some Ultraslim bars to tide me over tomorrow while i'm waiting on the packs, and some diet coke for my 3pm treats again.

Wish me luck!

Hiya, good luck and well done on getting back on this Exante wagon! :hug99: xx

Thanks guys!

Well I got up this morning, head in the game, and have already had 2 glasses of water and my first shake of the day. I bought a coke zero en route to work which is now chilling in the fridge for my 3pm treat. I have my 3pack of Tesco Ultra Slim Raspberry bars in my drawer and am ready to go!

My Exante order should turn up at home today, but i'm slightly worried. I emailed Exante on Friday and asked what happens with deliveries when nobody is in (I live alone and work all day but can't get personal post/parcels delivered to work) and was told it either gets left with a neighbour or in a designated place. I wrote in the 'comments' section before placing my order yesterday that if i'm not in, to leave outside door, but on the email from InterLink this morning it says to make sure there is somebody there to sign for the order. Eek!

I don't have a car to go pick it up from depot so am pretty screwed if they won't leave it. Boo :(

We shall see. In the meantime, i've enough packs left from my last time on Exante to last me a week, so will see how it goes. x

Yeeeeeah, so my parcel has been sent back to the depot. Not impressed. I specifically left instructions, as per Exante's email, on my order, but they appear to have been ignored.

So now I have a £20 taxi fare to pay tomorrow to collect my box from local depot. GAH. Thank God i've enough to tide me over tonight and tomorrow morning.

Yaaaaay! I have collected my new box of Exante goodies from the depot. Had a quick sneak peek in the box a minute ago and I have free porridge! Woop.

Day 3 already - where has the time gone!? Crazy. No hunger, no side effects, no headaches... touch wood, it's all going swimmingly so far.

Last night I tried to make the porridge that I got free with my pack, but could not get it to work. I mixed it well, with the correct amount of water, and microwaved it for 1 minute, stirred, and again microwaved for another minute. It just looked like a bowl of milk. It hadn't thickened, hadn't really done anything except heat up.

Maybe i'm expecting it to look differently to how it should...but I imagine porridge to look like, well, porridge. To be a bit stodgy, a bit thick, a bit of texture. Not just a bowl of runny liquid.

I took one spoonfull, tried it, realised it was just warm 'milk', binned it and had shake instead!

Tried it again this morning, but this time mixing it in my shaker instead of just stirring it together in a bowl, but I had the same results. Hmm. Is this how it's supposed to look or am I doing something wrong?

Back