Lindsay's motivation kicker!

One of my colleagues has just bought me a pack of 3 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from Sainsburys as a present as I had a super crappy day at work yesterday.

Very sweet of her...but I can't eat them :( Have popped them in my drawer and will somehow get rid of them later on.

Just done my first week weigh in, and lost 6lbs. Rather impressed with myself. Been 100% for the entire week, no hunger, no headaches, no cravings...almost seems TOO easy.

Swear I have lost weight in my face though, already :)

My parents are going on holiday today, which means I get loan of their car while they're away :) YAY. Downside is I have to go collect it. I've absolutely diddly-squat money this month due to a mix up with my tax code at work, so can't taxi it down to my parents house to collect the car. Which means I have to walk. 5 miles. Argh. There are numerous problems with this plan;

1. It's piddling down with rain, and is supposed to continue all day.
2. I have no umbrella.
3. I'm wearing heels.
4. I'm bloody unfit!!

Gah. Nobody at work lives that way...so it's gonna be a long old walk! According to Google Maps, it's 1hr 40mins worth of walk.

Being only on day 8 of Exante, do you think this is doable!? Reeeeally not sure! Hmm.

messyfreckle said:
Just done my first week weigh in, and lost 6lbs. Rather impressed with myself. Been 100% for the entire week, no hunger, no headaches, no cravings...almost seems TOO easy.

Well done on your loss hunny fabulous :) xx

messyfreckle said:
My parents are going on holiday today, which means I get loan of their car while they're away :) YAY. Downside is I have to go collect it. I've absolutely diddly-squat money this month due to a mix up with my tax code at work, so can't taxi it down to my parents house to collect the car. Which means I have to walk. 5 miles. Argh. There are numerous problems with this plan;

1. It's piddling down with rain, and is supposed to continue all day.
2. I have no umbrella.
3. I'm wearing heels.
4. I'm bloody unfit!!

Gah. Nobody at work lives that way...so it's gonna be a long old walk! According to Google Maps, it's 1hr 40mins worth of walk.

Being only on day 8 of Exante, do you think this is doable!? Reeeeally not sure! Hmm.

Oh yes it's definately do able hunny look at it this way - it's exercise and fresh air - I love walking :) xx

Oh yes it's definately do able hunny look at it this way - it's exercise and fresh air - I love walking :) xx

Thanks for the encouragement!! But no longer necessary. Just went outside the office to take a phone call and low and behold, there is my parents car. A note inside saying they're off on holiday but wanted to drop the car off.

Bless them! Though what's wrong with giving me a call/text to let me know is beyond me! Had I not been observant, i'd have walked all the way to theirs, only to find no car there! Nightmare.

Well done on your fab weight loss :hug99: xx

I realised last night, just how much TV adverts influence(d) my hunger and cravings. I had the telly on last night while I was doing some more of my crochet shawl and every bloomin' advert was for food.

The Subway advert nearly had me drooling. There was a KFC advert, a Burger King advert, an EasyYo advert... the list goes on.

I hadn't felt hunger or cravings at all since starting Exante, but last night was awful! I ended up turning the telly off, glugging down a big glass of water and putting all my concentration into the crochet!

Nightmare!

Spent my lunchtime looking at before and after pictures, and weight loss blogs. Very tempted to start up an exercise routine now.

I know they advise you don't start anything too intensive on a VLCD, but just seeing photographs of people who have done a lot of strength training alongside a weight loss plan, and seeing their great results...really inspired.

Hmm...

While channel hopping I came across 'I Used To Be Fat' on MTV. Very motivational. The girl on it was a similar weight and shape to me, and thru exercise and diet, lost 90 in 3 months. She looked amazing afterwards.

Inspiring stuff!

What a weekend!

Spent yesterday doing overtime at work (7.5hrs at time and a half - whoop!!) then dropped the car back at my parents as my flat doesn't have parking and you need to park in pay and display which costs lots! Grabbed a bus back to mine and spent the evening cleaning the flat then chilling out with my crochet.

Today I was up bright and early, had a bit of a pamper sesh and chilled out for most of the day with a book. Decided to walk to parents house (about 3 miles from mine) to collect car. They're on holiday, so I bought a load of washing with me to do!!

While that's being done, I'm sat in their gorgeously warm conservatory on their reclining sofa, enjoying the sunshine and the sounds of next doors kids playing in their garden.

Might have a wee nap before heading back to mine for my 'dinner' shake and doing the ironing ready for work tomorrow. I got my next LoveFilm DVD through the post yday so might pop that on too.

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

I have to say, my Smoothie 2 Go maker is hands down the best investment piece for this diet. Makes the shakes so deliciously thick and creamy and makes them last longer. I swear I feel fuller from it too.

Amazing.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend... Well done on your loss - I always lose weight in my face first 2, after a couple of weeks on the diet I get cheekbones back lol..

Hope you have another good week :)

Beginning to think i'm maybe not drinking enough water on this diet. I always hit my 2 litres of water, not including my shakes, and a can of coke zero. But I think that may be why i'm still getting hungry, and why i'm getting a bit of a spotty face and dry skin on my body.

Upping my target to 3 litres of water (again, not including shakes or coke zero) for now and see if things improve.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend... Well done on your loss - I always lose weight in my face first 2, after a couple of weeks on the diet I get cheekbones back lol..

Hope you have another good week :)

Thanks hunni :)

Yeah, my face is always first place to go. It sounds strange but I always notice I have more room to put eyeshadow on...must lose it from my eyelids! Crazyness. Think my hands are slimming too, which is nice. Can't wait to wear my rings again.

I have to say, my Smoothie 2 Go maker is hands down the best investment piece for this diet. Makes the shakes so deliciously thick and creamy and makes them last longer. I swear I feel fuller from it too.

Amazing.

So agree with you. I love my iced shakes, totally makes this diet "do-able" imo :D

Hope you're having a fab day today :hug99: xx

So agree with you. I love my iced shakes, totally makes this diet "do-able" imo :D

Hope you're having a fab day today :hug99: xx

Glad you agree - I can't imagine going back to making them in my shaker anymore. Feels like so much more of a treat blended with the ice. Mmmm...

I'm actually having a rather crappy day at work today and can't wait to get out of here at hometime and just go home and chill. I fancy a really really early night tonight, but I think being in bed by 8 probs ruins all my street cred ;)

Might do it anyway!

Well...week 2 and I lost 2lbs.

I'm ashamed to say I'm a bit disappointed with that figure as I kinda expected more. But hey ho. 2lbs off is 2lbs closer to where I want to be. I'm still well on target to hit the 1 stone loss per month average of Exante.

Here's to the next 7 days :)

Back