Lindsay's motivation kicker!

Good morning Lindsay, I lost 2lbs too, but I'm happy with it! :D

Just think what 2lbs looks like hun and you're well rid of it! There's no way you're having it back. Stay positive and motivated and look forward to getting rid of another 2+ lbs :hug99: xx

2lbs fat is 2 of these...http://www.mosesong.com/blog_images/06_12_04_fat3.jpg

Right so...problem!

My tax code got mucked around at work, meaning I was put on basic rate tax (emergency tax) which meant I had a load less than I usually do and had budgeted for. My pay this month literally just just just covered my rent, bills and food (exante order).

Anyway...basically the point of this is that I'm running out of rather important things and have no money to replace them.

I am down to my last 3 rolls of toilet paper, finished off my mouthwash this morning and am ever so close to finishing the toothpaste!!

It sounds silly...who would let things like that get so low? But I didn't know tax code was ****ed, so didn't know to plan in advance. And yes, I know I should have savings for these things, but my wage barely covers rent, bills and food as it is. What I'm left with goes on getting to work.

So...

I can clobber together enough 1p and 2p coins to buy me a tube of superdrugs 19p toothpaste, but any ideas what I can do for mouthwash in the meantime? We all know how manky breath gets on this diet!

Help!

Woo hoo - crisis averted!

Logged in to Tesco website this morning to see price of mouthwash and settled on the cheapest 40p one there. Then just happened to click on 'Clubcard' and found I have £10.00 vouchers on my clubcard :D Printed them at work and will go stock up on my bits tonight. YAY!

Look how gorgeously thick and creamy these shakes are with a bit of ice and done in smoothie maker. It still amazes me!

Attachments

• image-3482773760.jpg
    image-3482773760.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image-3558065391.jpg
    image-3558065391.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 25
Urgh so day 16 and the toilet trouble has started!

I knew I was getting off lightly this time around. Last time I did Exante I really suffered with the headaches and toilet issues. So far this time around i've been 100% problem free.

Until now.

I've horrible diarrhoea and a near constant gurgling tummy. Not good. I think tonight i'm gonna have to pop some psyhillum husk tablets I have lying around from last time, see if they help things settle down. Fingers crossed.

Good afternoon, hoping you feel better soon :hug99: xx

I'm going to the gym tonight.

I've made up my mind. Decided it already. Having ready SammyE's post about getting to goal, and how much of a role exercise played in it, i've decided I need to up mine.

I've had 17 days on plan 100%, my body should be settled into the routine of it now and I think it's safe to start introducing the exercise. So gym it is :)

I'll be home from work at just gone 6, and gonna go in, get changed, and go to gym. Quite excited about it actually! It'll only be light exercise though as i've not been for such a long time. Probs just do 30mins on the cross trainer and a little bit of weights. We'll see.

Might even see about speaking to one of the staff about organising a routine for me. I'll need to tell them i'm on a VLCD, but i'm sure it'll be grand.

Eeeeee!

Yeah so the gym didn't happen.

All hell broke out at work yesterday at about 5pm, typically. Found out one of my team hadn't fully understood how to do a data entry exercise and had made errors in each of the 4000+ lines input. The data had been loaded to the website and accessed by clients. Big boss went mental! I ended up having to stay until the errors were rectified, meaning I didn't leave work til nearly 11pm.

Was absolutely GAGGING for a shake! Went home, had my shake and literally collapsed in bed.

Back at work now, doing overtime. SOOOO tired. Blah.

Ah Lindsey I an relate, work is annoying like that, taking over our lives!
Hope your having a better day today!
Also re toilet issues, I suffer massively with this!!! I take sennacot at weekends to help ease things, plus drink more coffee and that always starts off a chain reaction, I tried dulcolax but it hurts my tummy toooo much plus I then started relying on it!
I would recommend yoga when on a vlcd, it massively helped me tone and become flexible and I only do it once a week, I also do one spin class and one maybe two full on gym sessions, I decided not to tell my trainer I was on a vlcd as I wanted to really get this flab moving! But I know that's probably not the best way forward!

Anyways hope your having a good weekend :)

Can I just say... ARGH.

Work is driving me crazy today. Getting NO respect whatsoever from a co-worker and it's really beginning to piss me off. Everything I say gets an eye-roll from her, everything I do is wrong, blah blah blah. Would quite like to smack her in the face.

GRR.

Maybe quitting smoking cold-turkey, and starting Exante on the same day wasn't such a good plan. No way to take out my frustrations.

Gym tonight though - should help.

Sorry to hear you not having a good day at work, try ignore the bad mannered co-worker and don't let it throw you off track! can't imagine how hard it must be to stop smoking and start Exante! you are either very committed or a bit mad x x look forward to reading how you get on x

jacqueline said:
Sorry to hear you not having a good day at work, try ignore the bad mannered co-worker and don't let it throw you off track! can't imagine how hard it must be to stop smoking and start Exante! you are either very committed or a bit mad x x look forward to reading how you get on x

Haha thanks Jacqueline! I'm gonna go with a bit mad. It was mostly down to money though. Work mucked my pay up this month so literally couldn't afford the fags. Doing alright tho :)

5lbs loss this week :) very happy. I'm now only 1lbs away from losing my first stone. Woop!!

Feeling a bit sluggish today. Got into work and co-worker who's been being an arse lately is still being arselike and annoying. Really getting me down.

Don't want to be here at all. She's really putting a downer on my work days and it's really affecting my mood. She used to be my best friend, too, but she drifted away, happy to live in her own little bubble of her and her husband. Doesn't appear to want/need friends anymore. Whatever.

Feeling down makes me feel hungry though. I'm not one of those who eats when they're happy, i'm very definitely an eat when i'm down kinda gal. And being just on the final legs of overcoming depression and anxiety, I really don't need other people getting me down. I can magic that up out of my own head, thankyou very much.

Sigh.

Gonna fill up my glass with some more water and try and distract myself from the lure of food. Might plug myself in to my iPod and get on with this data entry task i'm doing.

Want chocolate :(

Just worked out i've lost just over half an lb per day on this diet. That's a whole one of these coming off every day.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Inspirational or what!?

WOW! that's a good way to look at it,:)

I know exactly what you mean about wanting food when you're down, I've just come out the end of anxiety & depression too & it's so hard to lose weight when everything seems so bleak, which is why input on 2 stone before finally deciding to lose weight!! - so losing weight AND giving up smoking must be so hard!! But good for you :0)

WOW! that's a good way to look at it,:)

Isn't it!? I've saved a pic of the butter to my phone so in moments of weakness (haven't had any yet, but sure I will at some point) I can look at it and remind myself how well i'm doing.

Back